Definitive Tech Speaker Owner's Thread

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I toe mine in so they almost point straignt at me when I'm in the listening position. These speakers are very placement sensitive, so you just have to adjust them, listen for a while, and rearrange until you find something you really like.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I had my GF sit in the main seating position and using a laserpen attached to the top of the towers, i aimed the laser so that each tower in my 7001's was pointed just to the side of her ears, so that the crosspoint of each laser was just behind the listener. What this does is enure that the speakers don't cross directly on the listener or in front. It helps to maintain seperation. Laser pens can be bought at any Petsmart or Petco (toy for cats it seems) for 2.00/ea.

M

murl

Full Audioholic
So I have the opportunity to buy 2 BP-2000TL's, 2 BPVX/P's, and a CLR 3000 for $2000. The guy said they are just like new, don't have any scratches. They are about 3 hrs from me, should I go buy them?

M

murl

Full Audioholic
There was a pair of BPVX/Ps on ebay that brought $865, for that I could have $1200 in the mains and center, which is a heck of a deal. I may even sell the center.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
If I were you I would keep the CLR3000 and sell the CLR2000, that subwoofer in the center makes a big difference.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
If you ever do decide to sell that LCR2000 send me a PM, I've been looking for one at a good price.

J

josephga

Enthusiast
could someone suggest some good stands for the 1000's I'm thinking of getting those but would need stands. the ones at dt home page arnt tall enough

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Those look pretty nice... I say if it fits your need, go for it. Do they come in black?

J

jimter

Audiophyte
broken binding post

Hi guys I bought a 2006 from bb with broken binding post I can get on it with an alligator clip , but I would rather change it out .If Anyone has experience with this I would appreciate any suggestions . Thanks

J

jimter

Audiophyte
Thanks guys I did email def tech and Chet got right back to me (1 day)
they are sending me a new binding post and he explained how to replace it. I didn't want to bring it back to best buy because it was opened box and I knew it was broken, thats why I was able to talk the sales guy down in price .Thanks again for your guys help.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks guys I did email def tech and Chet got right back to me (1 day)
they are sending me a new binding post and he explained how to replace it. I didn't want to bring it back to best buy because it was opened box and I knew it was broken, thats why I was able to talk the sales guy down in price .Thanks again for your guys help.
You welcome. Glad it's working out.:D

Q

qqkltb

Audiophyte
Hello everyone, it's been awhile since my last post. I have a pair of PM700 that I must let go, I need the money. They are in like new condition. I'm the original owner. I have the original invoice but not the packaging. I'm wondering if you guys could tell me what you think a fair price would be. Thanks in advance.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Def Techs w/ tube amps

Just thought I would drop a line to say I have had incredible results when powering my BP7006's with low wat SET amps (Decware Zens). Just freakin fantastic. I wasn't sure it would be a good match, but it is...seems to bring out all of the BP7006's imaging prowess. Also, they have better timbre, more realistic by quite a bit than when using solid state amps. Hyper-realistic, 3-D enveloping goodness.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The BP7006 towers in my bedroom being powered by a vintage Onkyo amp also sounds amazing, especially when paired with my svs sub. They really are some amazing speakers, especially for their small size.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I love my DTs so much, I'm thinking of selling my setup and going all Mythos with a DYI sub. DT rocks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis