Debate :1 or 2 subs

A

Anglofun

Enthusiast
Folks!

I am 80 % HIFI 2 channel in my downstairs rig. I have a multi channel setup that is all Open baffle Tri amped. Maybe I should post a pic, I will if it helps. I have added in ceiling recently for presence speakers (the only non OB).

My mains, even in an open baffle configuration (according to REW) go down to 25 hz. Open baffle bass is a very different beast from a sealed or BR enclosure. I have an SVS PB 1000, nothing special that I added for that very first octave and below (I think 17 hz). It really captures detail and slam for me in 2 channel mode. I cut the subs at 33hz @ 24db/octave.

In movies, that wonderful APP allows me to have a movie setting. For movies I do an 80hz xover and the thing really goes.

So the big question,

With all the work I will have to do in time alignment, phase and what have you, will I gain in imaging (when in 2 channel) cut as low as 33hz?

A

Anglofun

Enthusiast
You got a lot of input in your other threads. How did that work out for you?
Made the holes, passed all the wires and redoing my AV rack. So to answer the question, I do not know yet but am very confident. Will post in that thread once it all comes together. Thanks for asking me!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis