Datasat LS10 and RA7300

S

SHISHU

Audiophyte
Curious, what are your current speakers/subs? I'd skip Rel and Paradigm on the subs myself.
5.1.4 setup. ATC ALT 20 for L&R
ATC16a. CENTRE&LS&RS. SUB ATC C4
ceiinig speakers EARTHQUAKE MIRAGE 6X
POWER AMP. CARY 7.250

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks that sounds like a great system. And the pic looks awesome!

Some places and the instructions for my amp talk about good ventilation for the amp.

I'm just asking as in trying to figure out if I should place my amp in my new counsel or get a separate stand.
Although I don't own datasat I do own RBH speakers and can attest they would be wonderful for your system.

Congratulations on a killer start on a banging setup so far! I'm excited to see what you go with love to see some pics when you get it all set up.

A friend and forum member @AcuDefTechGuy is a dealer for RBH and ATI. ATI is I believe behind the datasat if I'm correct. He may be able to give you some great feedback on what additional speakers or purchases to go with. You might want to send him a PM. He's my dealer as the years have gone on I've had nothing but great experiences with him. I won't go with anyone else on major purchases for audio.

My vote is for RBH especially there new gear they just came out with. Great speakers deserve to be a part of those electronics and they are the best. I've been a happy customer of them and the guys at RBH are the best they treat they're customers like gold. There is a reason our founder of this forum @gene has a complete RBH setup in his theater room.

Anyways have fun that's what this is all about! Do you mind me asking how big the room is this setup is going into? Helps us recommend speakers if we know how big the room is

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Why do I always jump on these threads that are 7 years old? Ultimate face palm! :)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hi everyone, I recently made the plunge and bought the Datasat LS10 preamp and RA7300 amp. I'm now looking to upgrade my home theater speaker setup, and don't know where to start. I'm wondering if anyone has the same preamp and amp, or experience with datasat equipment that can provide some suggestions, or insight on how to make a decision?
You purchased a very nice processor. DataSat's are at the top with Trinnov and StormAudio. The only problem with them is that they have so many features and options that if you don't know what you're doing, can really screw things up rather than help. Most of the time people will hire a calibrator who is familiar with DataSat to help dial it in.

What is your budget for speakers? lets start there. Are you doing in-walls? towers? What brands do you already know of that you like?

S

SHISHU

Audiophyte
DATASAT LS10
5.1.4 L&R. ATC ASLT 20. C+LS+RS. ATC a16
CELING SP. EARTHQUAKE MIRAGE
SUB. ATC C4. POWER AMP. CARY 7.250. IN DEDICATED ROOM 11/20/8.5 feet dimension
opinion regarding improvement?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
DATASAT LS10
5.1.4 L&R. ATC ASLT 20. C+LS+RS. ATC a16
CELING SP. EARTHQUAKE MIRAGE
SUB. ATC C4. POWER AMP. CARY 7.250. IN DEDICATED ROOM 11/20/8.5 feet dimension
opinion regarding improvement?
Have never heard of ATC speakers/subs before. So I can't comment on their quality/sound or anything. If you feel they aren't getting the job done or you want to try something else. I say do it! I'm all about switching speaker brands.

Brands to look at, RBH, Focal, Perlisten, Paradigm, KEF and Martin Logan to name a few. If you feel like changing your subs, check out SVS, HSU, Rythmik or the speakers company's listed above have solid subs as well.

For upgrading your 5.1.4 look to have a decent budget of around $6k-$10k. All depends on which models you go with.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Have never heard of ATC speakers/subs before. So I can't comment on their quality/sound or anything. If you feel they aren't getting the job done or you want to try something else. I say do it! I'm all about switching speaker brands.

Brands to look at, RBH, Focal, Perlisten, Paradigm, KEF and Martin Logan to name a few. If you feel like changing your subs, check out SVS, HSU, Rythmik or the speakers company's listed above have solid subs as well.

For upgrading your 5.1.4 look to have a decent budget of around $6k-$10k. All depends on which models you go with.
I used to own the ATC SCM7 bookshelf speakers (1” tweeter, 5” woofer). They sound like other speakers. :D

I think the salient apparent difference among most speakers will be amount and quality of the bass. Some will debate that is what subwoofers are for. :D

The 2nd biggest difference might be the dynamics. With smaller drivers or speakers, you might get more distortion if the volume is too high, especially if the sound is already highly compressed.

Some people want big a$$ drivers and big a$$ speakers. Some don’t. Persona preference. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
5.1.4 setup. ATC ALT 20 for L&R
ATC16a. CENTRE&LS&RS. SUB ATC C4
ceiinig speakers EARTHQUAKE MIRAGE 6X
POWER AMP. CARY 7.250
LOL I actually was referring to the OP, I saw what you listed in your post....just didn't realize you had jumpstarted a 7 year old thread instead of just making one for yourself.

ATC speakers I've heard nice things about but know little about otherwise....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis