Darnit! The first time I see a Carrera GT in person and it is wrecked...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
An normal air intake like this isn't cooled though, and the amount of time the air spends in the intake isn't enough to make a difference in its temp in a normal street car application. Aluminum and carbon fiber are used because they are light and are cool looking. Removing the stock resonator on most Hondas will make a difference because they are restrictive. Proper tuning is still required to get the best performance though, as well as drawing in cool air from the outside rather than inside the engine bay.

I dynoed my R with just a foam filter and the difference was a peak of 2HP with the stock intake, so I know small things make a difference, but the material of the tube isn't one of them. The best intake I tried was the Comptech one on my R - it was one of the quietest too - it was plastic.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
An normal air intake like this isn't cooled though, and the amount of time the air spends in the intake isn't enough to make a difference in its temp in a normal street car application. Aluminum and carbon fiber are used because they are light and are cool looking. Removing the stock resonator on most Hondas will make a difference because they are restrictive. Proper tuning is still required to get the best performance though, as well as drawing in cool air from the outside rather than inside the engine bay.

I dynoed my R with just a foam filter and the difference was a peak of 2HP with the stock intake, so I know small things make a difference, but the material of the tube isn't one of them. The best intake I tried was the Comptech one on my R - it was one of the quietest too - it was plastic.
Quietest? Are you kidding me? The noise that comes from a DOHC VTEC engine when VTEC engages is nothing short of orgasmic. The way to get a Honda to sound hot, is to have an intake only, the exhaust is annoying. I might get a video of my car hitting VTEC before I pull the engine out.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Quietest yes, but I didn't say quiet :D The Comptech intake has a deep, evil growl to it that doesn't sound like most other intakes and it sounded mean on the R when VTEC hit (well, about as mean as a 1.8l 4 can).

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
You should've installed some Toda VTEC killers.

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis