Dangerously close to pulling a trigger on SVS SB pro 2000

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Spartan
Now I'm getting dangerously close to buying a pair of SVS SB2000 Pro to replace DefTech ProSub 800. :eek:

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thank you for finding that for me, but I don't understand most of it. Now it's some new abbreviations. Do I need my jumper between 4Vrms and 2Vrms and what is Vrms?

Don't answer that, I'm just making a point. I need it for, more or less, easy task of neither my mains nor my sub getting a full range signal.

Do you, maybe, know if the cheaper one can do that and not (if set properly) deteriorate the signal in any way?

*In my listening I'm FLAC oriented.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Seriously, I have no life.
Thank you for finding that for me, but I don't understand most of it. Now it's some new abbreviations. Do I need my jumper between 4Vrms and 2Vrms and what is Vrms?

Don't answer that, I'm just making a point. I need it for, more or less, easy task of neither my mains nor my sub getting a full range signal.

Do you, maybe, know if the cheaper one can do that and not (if set properly) deteriorate the signal in any way?

*In my listening I'm FLAC oriented.
For example if your 2x4 is an older model limited to .9V output, you may have trouble depending on the amp you're using for the sub (many plate amps would be fine, pro amps not so much), so having 2V output might be the way to go. It also can handle longer delay periods to accommodate sub positioning over greater distances. They're not without consequence on the signal, altho the impact is quite minimal. I have the oldest unbalanced and balanced models, but if I were to buy a new one it would be the HD.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Ninja
@everettT
One of these little boxes has the letters HD in its name and this raises the price more than 100%. How necessary would you say HD is?
Different processor no and can be upgraded to dirac live. For just straight EQ, either is fine for what you would be doing

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic General
It seems SVS no longer offers a discount when you buy two subs, oh well.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Field Marshall
We're getting a bit gutted on the SVS prices, this is the best I dug out in whole of EU:

SVS SB 3000 Piano 1295€ / 1533$
SVS SB 3000 Ash 1210€ / 1432$

*However, the piano black version is 360$ more expensive if I buy from the local dealer. The shop that's making the offer for 1533$ is in Germany, but would include delivery cost in the price, so 1533$ to get it in my hands.

Last edited:

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis