darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_veepstakes_palin

As much as I hate to admit it, I think McCain did a VERY smart thing by choosing Palin as his VP. This election is going to come down to middle America. And as much as people don't want to admit it, there is still a lot of racism in middle America. If it comes down to a choice between a black man and a white woman, I honestly feel that a large percentage of people are going to go with the white woman.

I'm sure McCain is hoping that Hillary's disillusioned supporters will gravitate to Palin. Plus she hunts, she's fairly attractive and she has a child with Down's Syndrome. About the only kink I can see in her armor is her lack of experience.

Before this announcement, I thought the election was a slam dunk. Now, I'm not so sure. Then again, I thought that there was no way in hell that Bush would have gotten elected a second time, so what do I know?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yup. It was a smart move on their part. Playing the female card.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
While I really couldnt care less who wins the election as im sure they will both suck and because I do not see them as a leader in any fasion in my eyes, Obama would probably do a good job because of the fact that he would be the first black man to be elected president and this is his chance to show america that he (and black people, for lack of a better term) can do it and its also his chance to try and persuade the hearts and minds of the racist people to believe otherwise.

He wont screw that up. He cant.

There are still many people who grew up and lived in a time when things were very different than today. It wasnt that long ago. We have come a long way and this is a great step forward.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Yes good move:) getting Sarah Palin for VP

The only question I have about Sarah Palin, that I haven't heard confirmed or not is "Is she into HT and is she an audioholic?" :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Very interesting, indeed. I've never even heard of her. I look forward to watching and reading more about this in the near future.

Thanks for the news, Darien.

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Hey Mike C,

It's your turn to close this political thread when this one turns ugly later.;)

Posted by: mike c
closed political threads tally
mike c : 1
Clint DeBoer : 2,456,987

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL.

Yes, that is the only thing with Palin: nobody has heard of her. Which is fine, since nobody has seen D1ck Chaney in years either...especially since the whole hunting incident.

I have to agree with Haoleb, I am not crazy about either of them being in charge, and if elected, Obama would HAVE to work ridiculously hard to do some tangible good to remain in favor.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_veepstakes_palin

As much as I hate to admit it, I think McCain did a VERY smart thing by choosing Palin as his VP.
I was thinking this earlier. I thought the choice of a woman was excellent, and that his timing the morning after Obama's big speech was even more shrewd.

But, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure it'll work. McCain is very old and has had a couple of close calls. Palin is brand new to her job, a job that has little to no significance on the national scale, and has virtually no previous political experience at all.

Palin, as I read on a CNN op-ed piece, really has no business being the President, and it might cause many to worry putting her one heart attack away from the office.

I mean, come on. McCain has been preaching experience, experience, experience... then, in his first Presidential decision, he places the brand new Alaska governor with no significant prior political experience as his potential successor.

Furthermore, this is a woman who is staunchly pro-life and very much anti-universal healthcare, so I don't think she'll be dragging many Hillary supporters over.

See this article:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/begala.palin/index.html

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Nice move on McCain's part. The fact that she has quite a bit of kids (5) and is quite attractive should sway a lot of the voters who were on the Hillary camp. From the looks of it this Presidential just got a lot more interesting.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
She certainly isn't hard on the eyes, is she?

Dayum.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai

Dayum.
Yeah she looks pretty damn good for a 44 year old woman who has had five kids.

According to her bio at CNN she was a TV sports reporter for 2 years. Honestly from her bio she seems more like a normal citizen than the whole lot from both sides. Also her oldest kid is in the Army.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Well if the McCain becomes President he'll run the country, unlike the President of the last 8 yrs:D Jk

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Dayum.
Must be that Alaskan air, or all the salmon, king crab and baby seal :D

I think the almost no experience thing was a really bad choice; they were just going for the female vote, plain and simple.

I hadn't really thought about the one heart attack from being president aspect.

Last edited:
G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
IMO it was pretty stupid on Obama's part to not ask Hillary to be his running mate as the Dems are very divided right now. Even though I voted for Hillary in the primaries I don't think I will be voting Dem in the general election. This news by the GOP has really made me consider my vote haha.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Must be that Alaskan air, or all the salmon, king crab and baby seal :D

I think the almost no experience thing was a really bad choice; they were just going for the female vote, plain and simple.
I would much rather have a person who is more like the majority of the US population. Plus I think the no experience thing might be a plus since it means they are not like every other robot that runs for president.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Sarah Palin is gonna be the prez when McCain gets wacked by some feminist. :D

Darien,

I think that middle America would pick a black man over a white woman any day. I mean, any man is better than a woman for this kind of thing. Let's ask Phil. He lives right in the middle. :)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
She's nice, good lookin and a good play by McCain, I just hope she doesn't run her dam mouth off like Hilary.... Absolutely can't stand that woman...

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
She is against ear marks and has breast implants so she can't be all bad.............:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
She's nice, good lookin and a good play by McCain, I just hope she doesn't run her dam mouth off like Hilary.... Absolutely can't stand that woman...
Hilary's problem is that she comes off as a ***** (you know what I was saying) not a woman in power. While she does have an air of strength and decisiveness, I really don't like her either.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis