Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I tentatively left it at if we just went to herd immunity (esp. during Delta) there would've been the risk of overfilling hospitals and the legal mess that would've created. I've heard the part about "protect the elderly" but don't know how you achieve that w/o a booster of some type and isolation? I remember a segment of Hannity where O'Reilly said They're on their way out anyway. Yeah we're not gonna have the elderly take one for the economy, dipshit! It's an unenviable position to be in between economy and saving lives. To me it's kind of ass-backwards but don't see any real other options. Natural immunity is probably the best long-term goal, but you'd risk killing off so many in the short-term it seems callous for that approach. How much the gain-of-function played a role I dunno. I assume China was in on it, and I think Fauci was a member. He was associated with Wuhan which created problems, but I doubt in the conspiracy of him having to do with releasing it. I got the booster but am having doubts now. I mean the weird hours I'm working is hard enough and the booster shot what little energy left.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
DeathSantis can't even answer the question on if he's taken the vax. Well I gotta give Trump credit on that one. He's acknowledged taking it. Though some of his people are attacking him on that. Rand Paul, not sure about him either. Seems like its getinfectedanddon'tworryaboutitandgettheeconomyrollingagain. Well "I" was the first Senator to get covid and nothing happened to me! Yeah think I'll pass on his input. If you're looking for more balance I don't really trust the Dems either. I just think the Repubs are more stupid because it's right out in the open.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry, you lost me at "natural immunity is probably the best long-term goal".

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I saw this today and those emails are really eye opening to say the least. And pretty serious. If something comes out of those the blowback would be disastrous there already is a lack of confidence with so many with government news vaccines this would really set things off.

Yet if they did suppress certain avenues of scientific inquiry due to political reasons or personal connections shouldn't that be brought to light?

Damn that's a tough situation. Very hard to call or really heck just wrap my mind around it.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry, you lost me at "natural immunity is probably the best long-term goal".
When all other avenues are exhausted. I of course could be totally wrong though. The problem I had with Rand in the early stage of covid was he was the fiest senator to get it and says See, I'm fine and then says after to basically go out and celebrate at a restaurant. Didn't seem to me to be a good message since it was geared toward the economy without worrying about repercussions. That's why I felt the staggered approach was best. Trump and his minions were like Ah don't worry about that crap.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The Woodward tape of Trump saying This stuff is real. It's airbourne probably didn't help at the time. Or Faux's covid is fake and then we always said it was real by Hannity.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The Woodward tape of Trump saying This stuff is real. It's airbourne probably didn't help at the time. Or Faux's covid is fake and then we always said it was real by Hannity.
Hey I saw this link it was interesting I thought Kim made some pretty good points what do you think about it?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hey I saw this link it was interesting I thought Kim made some pretty good points what do you think about it?

I'd have to know what alternatives they're talking about. Rogan I'm not sure about. Wasn't he trying ivermectin for a while? How did that work for him? I know the press had a field day with that one, but there is a human version. I think where those people lost me was when they were pushing hydroxychloroquine.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I assume China was in on it, and I think Fauci was a member. He was associated with Wuhan which created problems, but I doubt in the conspiracy of him having to do with releasing it. I got the booster but am having doubts now. I mean the weird hours I'm working is hard enough and the booster shot what little energy left.

WOW! :rolleyes:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'd have to know what alternatives they're talking about. Rogan I'm not sure about. Wasn't he trying ivermectin for a while? How did that work for him? I know the press had a field day with that one, but there is a human version. I think where those people lost me was when they were pushing hydroxychloroquine.
Here was an interesting link

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
The whole COVID pandemic was such an opportunity to show we can come together as one world and we failed miserably; instead, it has brought out the worst in us. We have no business going to the stars and I pity those we find in the cosmos.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Agree. Those in the stars will probably find us first. At least, what is left of us..

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
The US Media doesn't seem to report much on what other countries are doing well. If its bad, than it makes it. Nothing surprising about that. If it bleeds, it leads.
After seeing the impact of Omicron over the last few months, it seems to me that it is inevitable that we are all going to get it sooner or later (my daughter most recently).
It also seems to me that this respiratory virus cannot be stopped from the front end since vaccinated people are getting it. The vaccinations are helping mitigate the effects once infected. Vaccinated people can infect others.
Other countries like India have focused on post infection recovery to a much greater degree than we have and part of the reason is they are poor. They can't afford the vaccines with the size of their population. Never the less, they seem to be doing very well in their fight against covid deaths. They are using both hydroxychloroquine as well as invermectin. We didn't do this and early on just kept shoving ventilators down people's throats.
Two years and many lives too late, I would welcome a nonpartisan panel put together by the government to discuss this and be honest about the vaccine's side effects even if they are small. Obviously, with Fauci, his cronies and his fan boys and girls would have in the past and would fight this.

Read this a while ago and it took me some to locate. It's interesting for the purposes of discussion

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Apparently India is dropping its ivermectin treatment after a visit with Biden. I wonder why?!?! I feel the last 5-6 years of listening to these idiots has been a waste of my life. I think what Danzilla said about the Dems using covid to get rid of Trump has to be taken seriously. I wouldn't put it past them. They're highly emotional as it is. I'd provide links to the other about Big Pharma suppressing rights, but why bother??? It's all a scam. Might go down as the biggest one ever. This isn't to knock the other thread. Those people are just doing the best they can with the tools available. But the rest is pathetic really.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Ok well I got ahead of myself again. It seems ivermectin is useful in the early stages of covid. Not sure about it's availability and production capabilities. My bad.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Apparently India is dropping its ivermectin treatment after a visit with Biden. I wonder why?!?! I feel the last 5-6 years of listening to these idiots has been a waste of my life. I think what Danzilla said about the Dems using covid to get rid of Trump has to be taken seriously. I wouldn't put it past them. They're highly emotional as it is. I'd provide links to the other about Big Pharma suppressing rights, but why bother??? It's all a scam. Might go down as the biggest one ever. This isn't to knock the other thread. Those people are just doing the best they can with the tools available. But the rest is pathetic really.
Man that's a tough call. Do I believe it came from a lab? I'm starting too

Do I believe Fauci and some of the scientists could have made a political decision instead of looking at all angles impartially with the science,? Those emails look pretty bad man. Yeah I think they might have

But do I think it was deliberately released? I don't think so.

And I cant see the Democrats using it against Trump just because there stance on mandates and other policies are really jeopardizing there political power in 2022 and 2024. I mean there in real trouble of losing a lot of seats in Washington and downhill. And they have a lost a lot of popularity right now at least with swing voters. It just doesn't make any logical sense. Like you said there emotional but I don't think there That emotional or irrational.

I'm starting to feel like some of these scientists were funding stuff in China maybe because it's easier to get away with it over there for research and someone fd up and this thing got out.

Everything that's come after has just been a big scramble to cover it up and then what followed was a snowball of panicking and some bad reactions both from the left and the right

And like you said anyone who thinks Big Pharma or other big business is your friend or isn't capable of being complicit in this well there's a whole lot of history that says they could. Remember Teflon? What happened to that town and how they tried to cover it up?

Man one thing I do know its getting hard to trust these people in charge anymore media politics all of them. Everyone seems to have an angle. Just sick and tired of it all to be honest with you.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Man that's a tough call. Do I believe it came from a lab? I'm starting too

Do I believe Fauci and some of the scientists could have made a political decision instead of looking at all angles impartially with the science,? Those emails look pretty bad man. Yeah I think they might have

But do I think it was deliberately released? I don't think so.

And I cant see the Democrats using it against Trump just because there stance on mandates and other policies are really jeopardizing there political power in 2022 and 2024. I mean there in real trouble of losing a lot of seats in Washington and downhill. And they have a lost a lot of popularity right now at least with swing voters. It just doesn't make any logical sense. Like you said there emotional but I don't think there That emotional or irrational.

I'm starting to feel like some of these scientists were funding stuff in China maybe because it's easier to get away with it over there for research and someone fd up and this thing got out.

Everything that's come after has just been a big scramble to cover it up and then what followed was a snowball of panicking and some bad reactions both from the left and the right

And like you said anyone who thinks Big Pharma or other big business is your friend or isn't capable of being complicit in this well there's a whole lot of history that says they could. Remember Teflon? What happened to that town and how they tried to cover it up?

Man one thing I do know its getting hard to trust these people in charge anymore media politics all of them. Everyone seems to have an angle. Just sick and tired of it all to be honest with you.
I believe Trump's own task force recommended the safety measures (ie lockdown)? Anyway, don't mean to put words in your mouth. There were already accidental leaks so it's difficult imagining it was intentional. I'd be curious to know the difference between state rights and nat'l mandates. I'd be surprised if a governor from any state wouldn't impose some type of brief lockdown to save lives. Even DeSantis. Faux early on for calling it a hoax. Then later saying 'we always said it was real.' A favorite hahaha.....

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This turns out to be a Covid conspiracy thread sprinkled with quackery.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/fulltext/2021/08000/ivermectin_for_prevention_and_treatment_of.7.aspx
There is also evidence emerging from countries where ivermectin has been implemented. For example, Peru had a very high death toll from COVID-19 early on in the pandemic.128 Based on observational evidence, the Peruvian government approved ivermectin for use against COVID-19 in May 2020.128 After implementation, death rates in 8 states were reduced between 64% and 91% over a two-month period.128 Another analysis of Peruvian data from 24 states with early ivermectin deployment has reported a drop in excess deaths of 59% at 30+ days and of 75% at 45+ days.129 However, factors such as change in behavior, social distancing, and face-mask use could have played a role in this reduction.

Other considerations related to the use of ivermectin treatment in the COVID-19 pandemic include people's values and preferences, equity implications, acceptability, and feasibility.130 None of the identified reviews specifically discussed these criteria in relation to ivermectin. However, in health care decision making, evidence on effectiveness is seldom taken in isolation without considering these factors. Ultimately, if ivermectin is to be more widespread in its implementation, then some considerations are needed related to these decision-making criteria specified in the GRADE-DECIDE framework.130

There are numerous emerging ongoing clinical trials assessing ivermectin for COVID-19. The trade-off with policy and potential implementation based on evidence synthesis reviews and/or RCTs will vary considerably from country to country. Certain South American countries, Indian states, and, more recently, Slovakia and other countries in Europe have implemented its use for COVID-19.129,131,132,133,134 A recent survey of global trends118 documents usage worldwide. Despite ivermectin being a low-cost medication in many countries globally, the apparent shortage of economic evaluations indicates that economic evidence on ivermectin for treatment and prophylaxis of SARS-CoV-2 is currently lacking. This may impact more on LMICs that are potentially waiting for guidance from organizations like the WHO.

Given the evidence of efficacy, safety, low cost, and current death rates, ivermectin is likely to have an impact on health and economic outcomes of the pandemic across many countries. Ivermectin is not a new and experimental drug with an unknown safety profile. It is a WHO “Essential Medicine” already used in several different indications, in colossal cumulative volumes. Corticosteroids have become an accepted standard of care in COVID-19, based on a single RCT of dexamethasone.1 If a single RCT is sufficient for the adoption of dexamethasone, then a fortiori the evidence of 2 dozen RCTs supports the adoption of ivermectin.

Ivermectin is likely to be an equitable, acceptable, and feasible global intervention against COVID-19. Health professionals should strongly consider its use, in both treatment and prophylaxis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis