M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The popular press version is here:
Here is the link to the Nature paper itself:
There's another article at this website about a very obscure link between audio topics and pandemics. Perhaps we're ahead of the curve (so to speak) here at audioholics?

"Music download patterns found to resemble infectious disease epidemic curves"

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Felt just fine.
Did 600 about a month before and 300 similarly some month before that.
Not all at once, but in spurts of 20 to 60, mostly 40 every 4 - 10 min apart or so. Stopped for dinner and our usual TV programs in the evening and another 150 or so before bedtime.
No video just made a running time and count record on paper.
On line, others have done more but most/all are younger. :D
OK, but how much do you weigh?

I have bad shoulders (cranked one back, like a slot machine arm) and didn't do too much heavy anything with them, but I decided that I had lost too much strength, so I tried a pushup. As I have posted, I'm a Clydesdale, so that didn't go as planned. Couldn't do it from my feet, so I started on my knees (hold the comments, please). Got up to a few sets of 20 before I did them the hard way and could only do less than ten. Gradually, I got to the point where I was doing 4-5 sets of 20 every day.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

OK, but how much do you weigh?

I have bad shoulders (cranked one back, like a slot machine arm) and didn't do too much heavy anything with them, but I decided that I had lost too much strength, so I tried a pushup. As I have posted, I'm a Clydesdale, so that didn't go as planned. Couldn't do it from my feet, so I started on my knees (hold the comments, please). Got up to a few sets of 20 before I did them the hard way and could only do less than ten. Gradually, I got to the point where I was doing 4-5 sets of 20 every day.
155 lbs

highfigh

highfigh

I get the sense from many American posters here, that you are somehow carrying an extra-heavy burden of stupid people. I can offer assurance that you are not unique.
Canadians End Up In ICU After Attending “Covid Party” (forbes.com)

Most Canadians consider Alberta to be the "Texas of Canada"....so there's that to consider, I suppose.
If you were to come to the US, your doubt would likely be removed.

What would you consider to be 'the Arkansas' of Canada? Or, Mississippi? They traditionally have the worst school test scores in the US.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

What would you consider to be 'the Arkansas' of Canada? Or, Mississippi? They traditionally have the worst school test scores in the US.
I think the comparison is more in regards to "attitude".

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

How did you guys forget Florida? Imagine what poor @gene and @Matthew J Poes have to deal with?

They don't call it the "stupid funnel" for no reason. This is not a new concept. However, TX is trying REALLY hard to beat them in the dumb contest nobody wins.

https://www.cc.com/video/ygohdj/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-florida-s-stupidity

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think the comparison is more in regards to "attitude".
Yeah, in TX our state government don't want no feds to tell us what to do. That's overreach.

Our state government is perfectly fine with overreaching though, you know, cause reasons. Can't require mask mandates, but 7yo girls better NOT wear a tank top to school.

M

Mojo Navigator

Junior Audioholic
I wonder if the MAGA anti-maskers want to ban masks from the operating room because they're obviously "aren't effective" ?

This so-called infringement on freedom is beyond stupid, it's lunacy.

highfigh

highfigh

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have only been there twice, so my local knowledge is very limited.

They also call it 'circling the drain'.
Just moved here last year from TX. Wow talk about frying pan into the fire. :) I never thought I'd miss living in Pittsburgh my original home town.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I get the sense from many American posters here, that you are somehow carrying an extra-heavy burden of stupid people. I can offer assurance that you are not unique.
Canadians End Up In ICU After Attending “Covid Party” (forbes.com)

Most Canadians consider Alberta to be the "Texas of Canada"....so there's that to consider, I suppose.
From the article:

>>>Originally reported by City News Edmonton, partygoers at the event held around two weeks ago had supposedly attended the gathering with the specific intention of contracting Covid-19 to achieve “natural immunity” against the SARS-CoV2 virus, with “several” of them ending up in hospital including some in ICU in Edmonton.<<<

I'm not sure if this is any worse, but stupid does seem to be a bit of a thing around the world these days:

>>>A high-profile shaman who tried to end Sri Lanka’s COVID-19 outbreak with “blessed” water has died of the virus, according to his family.

Eliyantha White, 48, who treated sports stars and top politicians, including the country’s prime minister, claimed in November he could end the pandemic in Sri Lanka and neighbouring India by pouring pots of his “blessed” water into rivers. . . .

White’s family said he had refused the COVID-19 vaccine.

His body was cremated at Colombo’s main cemetery on Thursday in line with quarantine regulations.<<<

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

When I do push ups, I'm pressing about 30 pounds more than you weigh. It's all part of the 'being a Clydesdale' experience.
Yep, that will do it. I placed hands on a scale in pushup position to see what that was, 100 lbs

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yeah, in TX our state government don't want no feds to tell us what to do. That's overreach.

Our state government is perfectly fine with overreaching though, you know, cause reasons. Can't require mask mandates, but 7yo girls better NOT wear a tank top to school.
And, don't try to get an abortion there. :eek:

I am surprised they have speed limit signs and traffic lights. I know what is safe and not.
And all the other restrictions to our freedom of choice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis