Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm curious what incident in North Korea triggered this:

“By neglecting important decisions of the party in its national emergency antivirus fight in preparations for a global health crisis, officials in charge have caused a grave incident that poses a huge crisis to the safety of the nation and its people,” the KCNA reported, according to South Korean news agency Yonhap.

Soon heads will be rolling, literally.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
30 people at a party. All 24 who tested positive were not vaccinated. None of the 6 at the party who were vaccinated tested positive. I highly doubt that this was a statistical fluke.

>>>A birthday party in Australia has been called a "superspreader" event after 24 out of 30 guests tested positive for COVID-19. . . .

"To emphasize just how important vaccinations are … not one of those 24 people were vaccinated," Hazzard told reporters, per the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

"I can also advise that six health workers who attended the party, who were fully vaccinated, not one of those people has been infected," he added.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
According to the New York Times, the 7 day average right now is about 256 deaths per day. This is a huge improvement compared to over 3,000 deaths per day earlier this year, but I have to believe that the vast majority of the people dying now could have avoided it by getting vaccinated.

>>>[Dr. Chopra] recalled a recent exchange with a woman in her 40s who was struggling to breathe. When Dr. Chopra asked whether she had been vaccinated, the woman shook her head defiantly between gasps, insisting that the vaccines were more harmful than the virus. The patient later died.<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
>>>[Dr. Chopra] recalled a recent exchange with a woman in her 40s who was struggling to breathe. When Dr. Chopra asked whether she had been vaccinated, the woman shook her head defiantly between gasps, insisting that the vaccines were more harmful than the virus. The patient later died.<<<
Someone once said:
"Villains and fools all get their just desserts. But the fools get it much sooner."
I can't remember who said this. I think I read it (or a version with different wording) in a Robert Louis Stevenson book – maybe Kidnapped? But I can't find the quote. Shakespeare or Mark Twain are always safe guesses.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Someone once said:

I can't remember who said this. I think I read it (or a version with different wording) in a Robert Louis Stevenson book – maybe Kidnapped? But I can't find the quote. Shakespeare or Mark Twain are always safe guesses.
Not sure on the quote either, but kidnapped was an excellent book. My grandpa gave me a set of his books a long time ago. Excellent, but I have no idea how old they are. No copyright/publish date information on them.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It looks like BoJo is rolling the dice on opening England up from COVID-19 restrictions.
UK PM Johnson looks to end England's virus restrictions | Reuters

The UK is experiencing a major upswing in daily new cases - 360/million population. By comparison, the US is at 40 and Canada is at 14. So, they are taking a massive chance and relying on vaccinations to see them through.

However, their vaccination program appears to be losing steam. While the UK has 50% of their population fully vaccinated, just another 17% have received a single dose. Canada has passed them in doses per capita (35% and 34%, respectively) and is currently sticking them into arms at 3 times the UK rate. I won't make a judgement call on that, as there is myriad of factors affecting vaccination programs. But, I question the decision to essentially throw caution to the wind in opening up.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cases - Statistics and Research - Our World in Data

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It looks like BoJo is rolling the dice on opening England up from COVID-19 restrictions.
UK PM Johnson looks to end England's virus restrictions | Reuters

The UK is experiencing a major upswing in daily new cases - 360/million population. By comparison, the US is at 40 and Canada is at 14. So, they are taking a massive chance and relying on vaccinations to see them through.

However, their vaccination program appears to be losing steam. While the UK has 50% of their population fully vaccinated, just another 17% have received a single dose. Canada has passed them in doses per capita (35% and 34%, respectively) and is currently sticking them into arms at 3 times the UK rate. I won't make a judgement call on that, as there is myriad of factors affecting vaccination programs. But, I question the decision to essentially throw caution to the wind in opening up.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cases - Statistics and Research - Our World in Data
Incidentally I just saw the following article about BoJo about what a former top aide said:

>>>[snip]
The former aide paints a picture of two Johnsons: one who is unfocused and eager to please alongside another, rarer seen, Johnson capable of being ruthless when necessary.

“He is both much more useless than the media portray and much more capable of self-awareness and ruthlessness than they ever portray, or his enemies usually discern,” Cummings writes. “Remember, though, neither mode has any interest in either policy or governing for their own sake.”

“He was desperate to be Prime Minister but has almost no interest in the job,” the former aide wrote.
>>>

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
“He was desperate to be Prime Minister but has almost no interest in the job,” the former aide wrote.
>>>
That reminds me of somebody else, but for the life of me, I can't remember who... ;)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Vaccinations in parts of the USA are lagging while the delta variant of corona virus is rapidly spreading.

How about Red Foreman to run the vaccination effort? His slogan could be:

Get that vaccine in your arm – or my foot up your ass!​
1625581682295.png

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Vaccinations in parts of the USA are lagging while the delta variant of corona virus is rapidly spreading.

View attachment 48939
Not sure it'll help that much now.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

View attachment 48939
The US is currently vaccinating at a similar rate to India. I can see no logical explanation for this.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

View attachment 48939
I doubt very much if the bald headed geek would scare anyone into getting a vaccine !

i look at it another way, all those I care about are now fully vaccinated so those that for stubbornness and or stupidity that refuse to get the shot(s) would just fall by the wayside it might help over population a wee bit :eek:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
i look at it another way, all those I care about are now fully vaccinated so those that for stubbornness and or stupidity that refuse to get the shot(s) would just fall by the wayside it might help over population a wee bit :eek:
As bad as it sounds, I'm right there with you. Hospitals are reporting that 99.5% of folks that are in for covid, are not vaccinated. Difficult for me to have sympathy unless they can't be vaccinated for medical reasons.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure it'll help that much now.

I have to disagree with the author's statement that "Republicans now face a moral dilemma — some of their constituents could needlessly die of COVID-19 infections if they don’t reject the partisan messaging from their party that underplays the risks of the virus and oversells the risks of vaccines."

Oxford dictionaries defines "moral dilemma" as follows: "a situation in which a difficult choice has to be made between two courses of action, either of which entails transgressing a moral principle." (emphasis added).

I don't believe anyone has a moral duty to blindly follow partisan messaging that causes harm, even if the messaging might increase an individual's chances of political success.

Morally, it's clear that vaccines are effective and they avert suffering and loss of life.

This may be a dilemma of sorts, but (as I see it) it's actually a moral vs political success dilemma.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
As bad as it sounds, I'm right there with you. Hospitals are reporting that 99.5% of folks that are in for covid, are not vaccinated. Difficult for me to have sympathy unless they can't be vaccinated for medical reasons.
Agree 100%, these people unless their doctor is holding off on the vaccinations due to other treatments, Chemo etc.. or just completed some major surgery, I find these people had just as much of an opportunity to get a shot (s) as those that did. And it has nothing to do with race as some of the news stations tried to make it. Its plain lazy, plain ignorant believing its some wild population removal vaccine or politically motivated by who knows what , or don't trust the govt. . Just got the shot and prevent yourself from ended up really sick in the hospital.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
There is something distasteful about requiring burned out hospital staff to treat people who could have avoided getting sick by simply getting vaccinated.
"Distasteful"????

The medical profession is there to treat people, regardless of the cause of their condition and if you look around, the majority of Americans are have medical conditions that could have been avoided, yet you're choosing this vaccination as the place to draw a line. I assume it's because COVID can be transmitted from one person to others, but it's causing far fewer deaths than heart disease or cancer. They treat murderers in crowded ERs- is that less distasteful?

Treat all, or treat none- there's no choosing, based on personal opinion.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
"Distasteful"????

The medical profession is there to treat people, regardless of the cause of their condition and if you look around, the majority of Americans are have medical conditions that could have been avoided, yet you're choosing this vaccination as the place to draw a line. I assume it's because COVID can be transmitted from one person to others, but it's causing far fewer deaths than heart disease or cancer. They treat murderers in crowded ERs- is that less distasteful?

Treat all, or treat none- there's no choosing, based on personal opinion.
I agree. If hospital staff got burned out treating folks with things that could have been prevented, we wouldn't have any hospital staff.

Now, them being burned out on COVID? That makes a lot more sense because at this point, there isn't an excuse for getting COVID unless you decided to not get vaccinated. I can see medical staff being less than thrilled to deal with these idiots. There are stories all over the place from ICU staff talking about people refusing to believe COVID is real as they lay dying on a ventilator. I can't wrap my head around that. That's gotta be rough for staff.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I agree. If hospital staff got burned out treating folks with things that could have been prevented, we wouldn't have any hospital staff.

Now, them being burned out on COVID? That makes a lot more sense because at this point, there isn't an excuse for getting COVID unless you decided to not get vaccinated. I can see medical staff being less than thrilled to deal with these idiots. There are stories all over the place from ICU staff talking about people refusing to believe COVID is real as they lay dying on a ventilator. I can't wrap my head around that. That's gotta be rough for staff.
People are, of course, still getting sick from other causes and might (do?) die from otherwise treatable illness or getting worse care. The pressure on health care personnel have been very high for a long time and something has to give in then end.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis