Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
That is correct, but to a large extent you can control your own destiny. It is time to protect yourselves and family and take maximum precautions, especially of you are older.

The game now is to be alive and well when it is your turn for a vaccine. That is the mantra from now on.
Earlier this morning, I had to go out to a local drug store to pick up a prescription. It was at a branch of CVS, a large chain. They also run something they call Minuteclinic, where you can see a nurse practitioner and get common medications prescribed. I've also gotten flu vaccinations there. They recently re-built the Minuteclinic area, adding several small examining rooms. Outside the store, they added 2 more small portable outbuildings. This is obviously in preparation for SARS-CoV-2 vaccinations.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Audioholics is an electronic media publication which contains this thread. So the answer is yes. I would also point out that this thread has had 133,000 views, and I would venture to suggest that they are not all AV enthusiasts.
I'm aware that Audioholics is an electronic media publication but so are many other sites forums with varying quality of content, though I'll not refer to them as "publications".

This was just a simple question if that was what you meant by "publication" is what I thought of a thread in The Steam Vent forum, a forum not know for it's publishable content.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Again let is keep this thread on track. I would point out that this publication was one of the first in the US to post accurate information and forecasts of this pandemic. We were in the forefront of accurate information. Let's keep that up and on track.
I'm right with TLS Guy and Mr._Clark on this. Please keep this thread on track.

Please limit posts on this thread to the Coronavirus pandemic, scientific or public health issues involved in it, or the developing vaccines. If you must post on subjects other than those, please post them on another thread in the Steam Vent. By other subjects, I especially mean posts that are primarily political.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Our hospital is supposed to be administering the Pfizer vaccine "mid December" to staff members who are in direct contact with COVID patients.

Will see. But any day now.
That's the best route at this point. Anyone that is a "necessary" employee should be first in line. Medical personnel being at the top.

As to who gets it after that? I've seen a few different views on who should go second, but I'm not sure if anything has been set in stone at this point.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
That's the best route at this point. Anyone that is a "necessary" employee should be first in line. Medical personnel being at the top.

As to who gets it after that? I've seen a few different views on who should go second, but I'm not sure if anything has been set in stone at this point.
  • Among medical personnel, in addition to those who directly see patients or handle their blood, you must include everyone who works in a hospital, from the firemen/EMTs, to the cleaning staff, to the wheel chair transport guys.
  • Patients and employees of nursing homes or extended care centers.
  • Police
  • Employees of drug stores & grocery stores.
  • All elderly people, or those whose medical conditions or medications put them at higher risk to viral infections.
  • School teachers and staff.
  • Everyone else.
  • Make politicians go last.
I'm probably leaving out a number of other "essential" employees.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
  • Among medical personnel, in addition to those who directly see patients or handle their blood, you must include everyone who works in a hospital, from the firemen/EMTs, to the cleaning staff, to the wheel chair transport guys.
  • Police
  • All elderly people, or those whose medical conditions or medications put them at higher risk to viral infections.
  • Everyone else.
Anti-vaxxers will go last voluntarily. Intellectual Darwinism at its best.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Anti-vaxxers will go last voluntarily. Intellectual Darwinism at its best.
Unfortunately you are right.
Also, I know a couple of people who are so anti-vax that I think there is a good chance (if they were forced to take the vaccine) it would kill them for sure ... out of placebo effect!
It is sad how certain some people are about the conspiracies are truth and it also has been a real lesson on the influence a president can have if he supports these conspiracies (by not publicly and decisively denouncing them).

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
  • Police
  • Everyone else.
So odds are by the time the majority of people can receive the vaccine it will have been thoroughly tested in real time.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

This may be serious. The videos I saw on twitter were disturbing. The hospital(s) appear to be overwhelmed.

Wuhan is larger than NYC. And it's not the only city on lockdown. As of 5 hours ago, there are 23 million under quarantine.
RedCharles, are you still around?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Darwin...interrupted.
I'm right with TLS Guy and Mr._Clark on this. Please keep this thread on track.

Please limit posts on this thread to the Coronavirus pandemic, scientific or public health issues involved in it, or the developing vaccines. If you must post on subjects other than those, please post them on another thread in the Steam Vent. By other subjects, I especially mean posts that are primarily political.
while I agree with you guys wholeheartedly about the genesis of this thread, Covid was politicized from the beginning of its March through America.

• Police
  • Everyone else.
grocery store employees

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I know a couple of people who are so anti-vax that I think there is a good chance (if they were forced to take the vaccine) it would kill them for sure ... out of placebo effect!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
while I agree with you guys wholeheartedly about the genesis of this thread, Covid was politicized from the beginning of its March through America.
Which is absurd.

How we as a nation politicized a virus is beyond my understanding.

Not that I don't understand the reasons, I do. I just don't see how people can be that obviously stupid and not come away feeling bad about themselves. The fact that people are looking to be told how to feel about this virus which determines how they deal with it is insane. What happened to people thinking for themselves? Crazyness.

It really is this simple. Virus=bad. Protect against virus=good.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Which is absurd.

How we as a nation politicized a virus is beyond my understanding.
I didn’t say we as a nation.

The response at the federal level, spearheaded by Orangeman was politically and not scientifically based. Sippers guzzled from his fountain of lies and deceit.

States leaders that lined up to drink were celebrated, those that didn’t ....

Anyone that did not agree with Orangeman’s opinions was summarily dismissed or discredited.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

grocery store employees
1. But this thread was not originally about politics and should only refer to the Covid-19 pandemic.
2. Swerd indeed mentioned about grocery store employees.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
That is certainly true, but it's not a good reason why we should allow this thread to be dragged into the usual Steam Vent gutter.
grocery store employees
See bullet point #4.

Edit: As soon as I posted this, I saw Verdinut's post.
To quote Maxwell Smart, "Missed it by that much".
1606959052309.png

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The response at the federal elected politician level, spearheaded by Orangeman was politically and not scientifically based. Sippers guzzled from his fountain of lies and deceit.
Fixed that for you ;).

If it was up to the federal employees, such as Anthony Faucci, we wouldn't have so bad a problem.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

The response at the federal level, spearheaded by Orangeman was politically and not scientifically based. Sippers guzzled from his fountain of lies and deceit.

Anyone that did not agree with Orangeman’s opinions was summarily dismissed or discredited.
Please don't think that the US is unique in how the pandemic has become politicized. Practically every affected country has experienced some division over it. It's just that, from my observations, Americans don't do anything by half-measures. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

You didn't, but enough people in this country did, hence "we". Not us, them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis