Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
while not entirely the fault of the younger generation their careless behavior has been a contributing factor
This ignores the deliberately irresponsible and reckless behavior of the Trump administration, the other GOP elected officials in Washington and state capitals, and one 'so-called news broadcaster', Fox News.
This is the result of the G.O.P. Corona virus disinformation campaign along with worse than awful leadership in this crisis.
Fox News (I now call them Faux News) has played a significant role in this disinformation campaign. The Washington Post ran an article titled:

The data is in: Fox News may have kept millions from taking the coronavirus threat seriously

It quotes this recent study:

The Relation between Media Consumption and Misinformation at the Outset of the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic in the USA
US national probability-based survey during the early days of the SARS-CoV-2 spread in the US showed that, above and beyond respondents’ political party, mainstream broadcast media use (e.g., NBC News) correlated with accurate information about the disease's lethality, and mainstream print media use (e.g., the New York Times) correlated with accurate beliefs about protection from infection. In addition, conservative media use (e.g., Fox News) correlated with conspiracy theories including believing that some in the CDC were exaggerating the seriousness of the virus to undermine the presidency of Donald Trump. Five recommendations are made to improve public understanding of SARS-CoV-2.​

I think this is particularly unforgivable. I hope Trump will go down in flames come November. I hope many of his GOP backers in the Senate and the House suffer the same fate.

I wish there was a way to adequately punish Faux News, without violating the 1st Amendment of the Constitution, for it's role in spreading the pandemic. I think the 1st Amendment, freedom of speech, isn't the issue and shouldn't protect them from real consequences. What Faux News is doing is deliberate spreading of life-threatening disinformation.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
We're having the second wave of corona. Slight difference (maybe because of heat, who knows) is that respirators are not used and that the infected are not showing the same symptoms as they did the first time around regardless of the age of the infected.

Loosening the quarantine will lead to the inevitable. Vaccine is a promised land now.

You can see here: https://www.koronavirus.hr/en

We had zero new cases for a long time, but we needed tourism and...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This is the result of the G.O.P. Corona virus disinformation campaign along with worse than awful leadership in this crisis.
And social media, where opinion is more important than facts, has nothing to do with this?

highfigh

highfigh

This ignores the deliberately irresponsible and reckless behavior of the Trump administration, the other GOP elected officials in Washington and state capitals, and one 'so-called news broadcaster', Fox News.
Fox News (I now call them Faux News) has played a significant role in this disinformation campaign. The Washington Post ran an article titled:

The data is in: Fox News may have kept millions from taking the coronavirus threat seriously

It quotes this recent study:

The Relation between Media Consumption and Misinformation at the Outset of the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic in the USA
US national probability-based survey during the early days of the SARS-CoV-2 spread in the US showed that, above and beyond respondents’ political party, mainstream broadcast media use (e.g., NBC News) correlated with accurate information about the disease's lethality, and mainstream print media use (e.g., the New York Times) correlated with accurate beliefs about protection from infection. In addition, conservative media use (e.g., Fox News) correlated with conspiracy theories including believing that some in the CDC were exaggerating the seriousness of the virus to undermine the presidency of Donald Trump. Five recommendations are made to improve public understanding of SARS-CoV-2.​

I think this is particularly unforgivable. I hope Trump will go down in flames come November. I hope many of his GOP backers in the Senate and the House suffer the same fate.

I wish there was a way to adequately punish Faux News, without violating the 1st Amendment of the Constitution, for it's role in spreading the pandemic. I think the 1st Amendment, freedom of speech, isn't the issue and shouldn't protect them from real consequences. What Faux News is doing is deliberate spreading of life-threatening disinformation.
If their inaccurate info is found to be intentional and one or more deaths can be directly attributed to it, they need to be prosecuted.

The trick- find a prosecutor who has the balls to do it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
And social media, where opinion is more important than facts, has nothing to do with this?
Trouble is, GOP supporters of POTUS are taking their cues from the White House and spreading their nonsense on social media.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We're having the second wave of corona. Slight difference (maybe because of heat, who knows) is that respirators are not used and that the infected are not showing the same symptoms as they did the first time around regardless of the age of the infected.

Loosening the quarantine will lead to the inevitable. Vaccine is a promised land now.

You can see here: https://www.koronavirus.hr/en

We had zero new cases for a long time, but we needed tourism and...
That's too bad. Here in the four Canadian Atlantic provinces, the virus has virtually disappeared and starting on July 3rd, our own inter-provincial "bubble" will be created. Anyone entering the bubble from the rest of Canada or internationally must have a valid reason for coming and must self-isolate for two weeks.

I'm concerned about the next wave though, because it's going to come...

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
That's too bad. Here in the four Canadian Atlantic provinces, the virus has virtually disappeared and starting on July 3rd, our own inter-provincial "bubble" will be created. Anyone entering the bubble from the rest of Canada or internationally must have a valid reason for coming and must self-isolate for two weeks.

I'm concerned about the next wave though, because it's going to come...
You kindda sum up why I posted that. We were at zero, but until vaccine is here, zero means little :) You can't be completely isolated, some exchange is needed and then it comes back.

We will probably explode with new cases. As of yesterday we have a combination of wanting to let foreigners to visit and spend vacations here and problems with right wing options who heavily depend on diaspora to win elections. So they're playing dumb and lifting restrictions and selfisolations rules for a neighboring country where a large portion of their electoral body lives but which is also highly infected and shouldn't be regarded as a non threat.

Since you want them in the boots on Friday it is not enough to just let them enter Croatia, you also have to lift the selfisolation rule.

highfigh

highfigh

Trouble is, GOP supporters of POTUS are taking their cues from the White House and spreading their nonsense on social media.
Don't use blanket statements and don't forget, there are many who voted for Trump just to keep Hillary out and they'll have a hard time seeing Biden as a good candidate- it sucks when people have to decide which candidate isn't as bad as the other.

It's damned hard to stomach these elections, as someone who's not far Right or Left. Nobody represents us.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Don't use blanket statements and don't forget, there are many who voted for Trump just to keep Hillary out and they'll have a hard time seeing Biden as a good candidate- it sucks when people have to decide which candidate isn't as bad as the other.

It's damned hard to stomach these elections, as someone who's not far Right or Left. Nobody represents us.
I guess I don't see those who voted for Trump in order to keep Hillary out as Trump supporters, per se - which is why I said "GOP supporters of POTUS". I suppose the distinction wasn't clear and I apologize for that.

That said, I really don't understand how someone could dislike her enough to vote for Trump. Was she the ideal candidate - probably not. But seriously, how was she worse than Trump?

highfigh

highfigh

I guess I don't see those who voted for Trump in order to keep Hillary out as Trump supporters, per se - which is why I said "GOP supporters of POTUS". I suppose the distinction wasn't clear and I apologize for that.

That said, I really don't understand how someone could dislike her enough to vote for Trump. Was she the ideal candidate - probably not. But seriously, how was she worse than Trump?
We would need a spreadsheet to make all of the comparisons between them, then assign a level of badness to each facet.

Dishonest, greedy, political ambition exceeded any semblance of anger or shame over Bill's many indiscretions (I can't imagine what he dealt with at home)- she called it "part of a vast Right-wing conspiracy". It would be different if you had to consider the possibility of her becoming your President. Or Trump. Or Biden. Or Bernie. It's impossible to see how bad they all are without looking at decades of actions, comments and accusations against them and I doubt most outside of the US have looked at them for such a long time period.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We would need a spreadsheet to make all of the comparisons between them, then assign a level of badness to each facet.

Dishonest, greedy, political ambition exceeded any semblance of anger or shame over Bill's many indiscretions (I can't imagine what he dealt with at home)- she called it "part of a vast Right-wing conspiracy". It would be different if you had to consider the possibility of her becoming your President. Or Trump. Or Biden. Or Bernie. It's impossible to see how bad they all are without looking at decades of actions, comments and accusations against them and I doubt most outside of the US have looked at them for such a long time period.
I have a hard time believing that her dishonesty and greed could possibly be in the same league as Trump's. And, she has been unfairly saddled with Bill's failings. Maybe it's her shear presence in the public eye for decades that made people not like her. All those years of having poo flung at her is going to leave a lot of it sticking. Whereas, although Trump has also been in the public eye for decades, I don't think he's faced the same degree of scrutiny...well, not before he was elected, at least.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
That said, I really don't understand how someone could dislike her enough to vote for Trump.
plenty did tho ....

Was she the ideal candidate - probably not.
neither were, at the time it was an embarrassment for both parties, 3 1/2 years later, more so for the Republicans

But seriously, how was she worse than Trump?
Guess we'll never know, unless ............. 'Uncle Joe' doesn't make it to the election and the DNC inserts her ??? is it even a possibility ?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
plenty did tho ....

neither were, at the time it was an embarrassment for both parties, 3 1/2 years later, more so for the Republicans

Guess we'll never know, unless ............. 'Uncle Joe' doesn't make it to the election and the DNC inserts her ??? is it even a possibility ?
I've wondered what would happen if any of the accusations of sexual impropriety stuck to him over the course of the next few months. I really can't foresee them bringing her back though. Who knows?

highfigh

highfigh

I have a hard time believing that her dishonesty and greed could possibly be in the same league as Trump's. And, she has been unfairly saddled with Bill's failings. Maybe it's her shear presence in the public eye for decades that made people not like her. All those years of having poo flung at her is going to leave a lot of it sticking. Whereas, although Trump has also been in the public eye for decades, I don't think he's faced the same degree of scrutiny...well, not before he was elected, at least.
People need to stop seeing her as a victim. I doubt Bill's habits began late in life and she probably saw plenty of objectionable behavior while their relationship was in early stages but her political ambitions led her on her path. People have been dumping on Trump for a long time too, but he ran on a platform of not being a career politician and we have had enough of those to last several lifetimes.

Check this out-

highfigh

highfigh

People need to stop seeing her as a victim. I doubt Bill's habits began late in life and she probably saw plenty of objectionable behavior while their relationship was in early stages but her political ambitions led her on her path. People have been dumping on Trump for a long time too, but he ran on a platform of not being a career politician and we have had enough of those to last several lifetimes.

Check this out-

"I have a hard time believing that her dishonesty and greed could possibly be in the same league as Trump's."? Really? Have you looked into the Clinton Foundation?

Did you see her comments about their financial situation when they left the White House? She said ""You have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt," Clinton said. "We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education. It was not easy. Bill has worked really hard. And it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard.".

Republicans called the claim laughable and the next day Clinton clarified, again on ABC, that she and Bill had done very well over the past 14 years. "We have a life experience that is clearly different in very dramatic ways from many Americans," Clinton said. "But we also have gone through some of the same challenges many people have.". Their main expense was from the massive legal bills to defend and pay off the suits against Bill- she stood by him after several affairs and that says she's an extremely loyal wife or she knew they would rake in a buttload of money later and that's what she wanted.

Eight years in the White House, at over $200K/year plus expenses- close to $2 Million in total. A legal defense fund was created for him and as of the time they left the WH, his fees had been mostly paid; they were expected to be paid off late that year, even though he has said they were $16M in debt. They went in with no net worth to speak of after he served as governor of Arkansas (1979–1981 and 1983–1992) and as attorney general of Arkansas (1977–1979). If he's such s smart guy, why were they broke? She didn't just serve as his wife- she's a lawyer and worked in that field.

Their tax returns show that they have made about $240 Million since leaving the WH, as of the date of the article in 2017-

Trump, OTOH, hasn't taken any of his Presidential salary and hasn't written any books (kids section?).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis