highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Europe prepares to reopen to foreign travelers, but Americans don’t even figure into the discussion:

"European diplomats are poised to approve an agreement on which foreign travelers they want to welcome starting July 1 as the European Union reopens its external borders for the first time since March. But with the coronavirus still raging in the United States, the possibility of allowing American tourists hasn't even figured into the discussion, according to six diplomats familiar with the talks.​
...​
The decision underscores the perception here that the United States has failed in its coronavirus response. European leaders and health experts have watched with unease as many American states insist on reopening, even as infections spike in many parts of the country. ...​
"​
Not only have we not been able to be tested easily where I live, they say a high percentage of the tests are inaccurate. We had three testing sites here, but they closed one and the reason they gave was vague/sounded like BS. The people who protested are sure to have an impact on the surge, as well as those who attended the campaign rallies while denying the likelihood of this occurring.

I can't blame other countries denying Americans coming in.

I have posted many times that people disappoint me- this is just another reason.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Look what happened to Florida, look at what happened to California and Arizona and Texas. That's what happens when you're reckless, you're careless and you let your guard down. When the lock down lifted, there wasn't sufficient guidance by political leaders and public health workers to guide the community to continue precautions.

Too much attention was placed on the economic impact and this made weak leaders think it was better to swing the other way and let people die rather than continue precautions - when in fact you could open the economy and still kept people safe with proper guidance. Other countries now laugh at how poorly the US is run while their populations work together to cut down Virus infection. Public health should never become a political football.

The USA infection rate is going to continue to be a raging wild fire until enough people die that communities wake up to the fact that they are on their own. No one will save them but themselves. When each person realizes they need to take precautions and work for the common good, the virus will be in decline.

Political and health leaders failed Americans when they told them masks were not needed in the beginning. These mixed messages from short sighted leaders will cause the death of hundreds of thousands in the USA. By Election Day more than 200,000 Americans will be dead and before this event is complete 500,000 will die. Much of this could have been avoided with honest health guidance, adequate testing, tracking and quarantine procedures. The CDC has been an absolute failure in this crisis.
Believe me it has been beyond frustrating living here in San Antonio TX.

From watching as restrictions lifted people just deliberately running around without masks everywhere the last couple of weeks
Almost like the Damn thing didn't exist anymore

To Abbot just refusing to lay down some strict guidelines especially on masks which just cut the local leaderships knees right out from underneath them

Then I watched that Senate hearing the other day where all those Republicans were refusing to WEAR GODDAMN MASKS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HEARING

When leadership behaves this way it makes even harder for the constituents to not feed into it

With over 100,000 dead 50 million facing unemployment suicide rates up 600% domestic abuse child abuse and violence and crime all rising

This is the sacrifice the common people made and were asked to make to slow this down with the first lockdown to hopefully begin to restart things to keep us treading water as a society give some hope economically and find a way to live with the virus until a vaccine hopefully next year. This is the price we've paid

And what do we get in return for our sacrifice? How are we repaid?

This is how our leadership honors the sacrifice of it's people? This juvenile behavior, politiciticizing a health crises, and RIPPING us the F@UCK off with that joke of a relief package

I swear to everything I hold holy these motherfuckers are going to pay come November

If we can manage to survive till then without imploding ourselves

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Other Dan, I basically agree with you especially with regard to the election. Try to stay well in that covid hell hole and take Dr. Dan's prescription:

Drive up to Driftwood Tx. and get some Salt Lick BBQ (for takeout of course). Brisket and sausage highly recommended. It won't solve these problems but I promise a very happy belly.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Other Dan, I basically agree with you especially with regard to the election. Try to stay well in that covid hell hole and take Dr. Dan's prescription:

Drive up to Driftwood Tx. and get some Salt Lick BBQ (for takeout of course). Brisket and sausage highly recommended. It won't solve these problems but I promise a very happy belly.
Gonna take you up on that Dr Dan I think it's just what the doctor ordered

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
On the subject of BBQ, my brother Dan is coming over to visit tomorrow. I said why not stay for dinner? I'm not quite up to smoke a brisket just yet, but some grilled pork tenderloin, smoked a bit with cherry wood, would be a great celebration for this week's events.

@Danzilla31 – I hope you get some of that Salt Lick BBQ! I haven't had it, but Dan has tasted it and likes it. Dan knows I can do a pretty good brisket myself, and he also says I have nothing to be jealous about. So he's not only great for advice on what I should do about prostate cancer, but he's diplomatic as well :).

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Almost like the Damn thing didn't exist anymore

It appears that they may not have experienced it first hand themselves or family so it doesn't exist. Leader is not worried, so they are in denial as well.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well today I had to get groceries and every single person was wearing a mask even kids had them

So maybe hopefully theyre getting the point

Shame it took this to make it happen

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Our mayor just issued a phone alert on the emergency broadcast system urging everyone to stay at home. We recorded 700 new cases today hospital capacity is filling up I believe we're at 28% left on our ICU beds capacity.

He can't order a shut down I believe since he can't override Abbott but I'm treating it as such

Nothing but work or essential travel for the next month straight

Say a prayer for San Antonio fellas were going to need it

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic

Our mayor just issued a phone alert on the emergency broadcast system urging everyone to stay at home. We recorded 700 new cases today hospital capacity is filling up I believe we're at 28% left on our ICU beds capacity.

He can't order a shut down I believe since he can't override Abbott but I'm treating it as such

Nothing but work or essential travel for the next month straight

Say a prayer for San Antonio fellas were going to need it
People are just stupid. Can't say it nicer. Here in NM we have been relatively lucky, except on the Navajo res. However, since phase 1 of opening up we're approaching record levels everywhere. ABQ hit the most new cases/day over the last week than we have ever seen.

I'm out riding my bike today and seeing big groups of people gathering all over whether it's a big group bike ride, family gatherings in the parks, gatherings at peoples houses. This is beyond what I've seen in the past pre-covid times. I get that we're tired of all this social distancing and the economy is hurting, but it's like they're just snubbing their noses at it now.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
People are just stupid. Can't say it nicer. Here in NM we have been relatively lucky, except on the Navajo res. However, since phase 1 of opening up we're approaching record levels everywhere. ABQ hit the most new cases/day over the last week than we have ever seen.

I'm out riding my bike today and seeing big groups of people gathering all over whether it's a big group bike ride, family gatherings in the parks, gatherings at peoples houses. This is beyond what I've seen in the past pre-covid times. I get that we're tired of all this social distancing and the economy is hurting, but it's like they're just snubbing their noses at it now.
My parents live in NM in the summer they told me the governor got so pissed off about that type of behaviour that nothing else is reopening until people start complying
Its the same way here people are starting to comply but only because they are required to
Thankfully our mayor and judge passed new orders requiring masks to enter any business all bars are closed parks are now closed and pools etc won't be reopening
Your so spot on people just don't comply unless there forced it's mind boggling hang in out there sounds like you guys might be in for a wave off it too if people aren't careful be safe

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Man anyone on this thread will tell you I'm all about trying to preserve the economy as much as we realistically can but if you don't reopen it following proper guidelines by healthcare professionals it isn't going to work
I agree with you it's like people have just dug in there heels and gotten stubborn about this
I think the news and the fear and the politicizing this is people's way off lashing back at that they're way of saying they've had enough
But unfortunately it's just playing right into spreading the virus

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
My parents live in NM in the summer they told me the governor got so pissed off about that type of behaviour that nothing else is reopening until people start complying
Its the same way here people are starting to comply but only because they are required to
Thankfully our mayor and judge passed new orders requiring masks to enter any business all bars are closed parks are now closed and pools etc won't be reopening
Your so spot on people just don't comply unless there forced it's mind boggling hang in out there sounds like you guys might be in for a wave off it too if people aren't careful be safe
Cool, I used to live in SA. We were scheduled to go into Phase 2. She cancelled that on Thursday. We're supposed to wear masks and maintain distance in stores. But some people just won't comply. I've only see a few stores confronting non-complying customers. The Balloon Fiesta and the State Fair, both big money makers in ABQ have been cancelled. Based on what I saw today (Saturday), I'm expecting we'll hit record levels this upcoming week.

I talked to someone a couple of days ago who said they haven't got sick yet and haven't worn a mask yet, so why why start now? A truly false syllogism. Honestly, I believe family members will need to die before they take it seriously.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Honestly, I believe family members will need to die before they take it seriously.
I can’t agree more. I’ve lost a family member, and very nearly a second one.
I have a life long friend who said the other day, “I’m not living in fear anymore“ and told me about his visit to bar. I was fukking livid.

I live on a lake in central Mn. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen the water as busy as today. The ramp was stacked up all day, and pontoons and boats were just full. I completely agree. For soooo many people, they’ll be unaffected until it hits someone close. I’ve been there, and cared for someone first hand. Yet people have the balls to tell me it’s just like the flu. Wtf.....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I can’t agree more. I’ve lost a family member, and very nearly a second one.
I have a life long friend who said the other day, “I’m not living in fear anymore“ and told me about his visit to bar. I was fukking livid.

I live on a lake in central Mn. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen the water as busy as today. The ramp was stacked up all day, and pontoons and boats were just full. I completely agree. For soooo many people, they’ll be unaffected until it hits someone close. I’ve been there, and cared for someone first hand. Yet people have the balls to tell me it’s just like the flu. Wtf.....
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss brother don't have the words man

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
while not entirely the fault of the younger generation their careless behavior has been a contributing factor
This is the result of the G.O.P. Corona virus disinformation campaign along with worse than awful leadership in this crisis.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis