H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
ps. to Herbu, stop using that "dumb" rating on everything your seem to disagree with.
OK. Bite me. Or are we supposed to say Burn In Hell now? I've been here for years, and used "dumb" a half dozen times. Seems to have hit a nerve, though. Funny how my handful of "dumb" ratings offends you more than a moderator hoping all Trump supporters burn in hell. Well, y'all stick together. You're gonna need each other to get thru the next 4 years.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Trump closed traffic from China on Jan 31. Please show me where one single President/PM/World Leader raised the flag and took action for Covid before this.
1) That's when the WHO declared an emergency. A whole lot of countries put in travel bans at the same time.
2) You mean other than China?

Taiwan, helped perhaps by having an epidemiologist as vice-president, started tracing passengers from Wuhan as soon as China warned of a new type of pneumonia in the city last December, before Covid-19 was identified. Social distancing, ramped-up testing and contact-tracing followed soon after.

On 31 December 2019, Taiwan Centers for Disease Control (CDC) implemented inspection measures for inbound flights from Wuhan, China in response to reports of an unidentified outbreak. The passengers of all such flights were inspected by health officials before disembarking. A six-year-old passenger who transferred in Wuhan and developed a fever was closely monitored by CDC. At this time, there was alleged to be 27 cases of the new pneumonia in Wuhan.

By 5 January 2020, the Taiwan CDC began monitoring all individuals who had travelled to Wuhan within fourteen days and exhibited a fever or symptoms of upper respiratory tract infections. These people were screened for 26 known pathogens, including SARS and Middle East respiratory syndrome, and those testing positive were quarantined.

On 20 January, the government deemed the risk posed by the outbreak sufficient to activate the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC). Originally established as a level 3 government entity, the CECC was promoted to level 1 on 28 February. The CECC has coordinated government responses across areas including logistics for citizens on the Diamond Princess, disinfection of public spaces around schools, and providing daily briefings with Chen Shih-chung, the Minister of Health and Welfare.

BTW: As of this writing, Taiwan has had 5 deaths.

But it's not just doing "something" sooner, it's also what you actually do. A good example of that is S.Korea. They got their first case the same day the US did. They had a far better curve. Why do you think that is? They had more testing sooner. Why do you think that is?

Why, to this very day, is there not a national stay-at-home order?

I don't know any more about Trump's internal meetings than you do. But I'm gonna guess he had/has a number of SMEs providing input. In almost every case he will disagree with one or more of them.
Which valid SME do you think said that the NIH pandemic group wasn't useful and should be disbanded?
Which valid SME said that the Obama-created pandemic response playbook should not be followed when no other playbook existed?
Which valid SME do you think said that everyone who took pandemic response training from the Obama transition team should be fired for disloyalty?
How about which SME you think said that the CDC position in Bejing to monitor outbreaks of disease in China should be scrapped (2019)?
Maybe it's the same SME who dropped upkeep on the stockpile of respirators (2018).

WHO, NIH, CDC... which of these agreed. Because if you can't tell the difference between a self-proclaimed expert and a nationally (and internationally recognized) body; you have no business running a car-wash,much less a country.

sounds like typical Trump Derangement Syndrome spin to me.
And this is why you are a troll without credibility.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
OK. Bite me. Or are we supposed to say Burn In Hell now? I've been here for years, and used "dumb" a half dozen times. Seems to have hit a nerve, though. Funny how my handful of "dumb" ratings offends you more than a moderator hoping all Trump supporters burn in hell. Well, y'all stick together. You're gonna need each other to get thru the next 4 years.
Well, it just seems you posted that when you disagree, not because the post was senseless. You could have used dislike or disagree. I guess I have a different take on dumb than you?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I'm glad everyone heeded my plea for civility and are now playing nice. :rolleyes:

I have a cousin - a nurse - who, with her husband, emigrated to the US many years ago. They are now American citizens and die-hard Trump supporters. She recently posted on Facebook being upset by all the negative comments posted by her Canadian relatives and friends directed towards POTUS. She just can't comprehend how people can be upset by him. I tried listing factual reasons why, but she didn't respond. Some have suggested to me in private that they will unfollow her over it. I replied that if we cut people out over our political differences, we will never find common ground. I believe that as long as we maintain communication, there is hope. It would be great if we could stop calling politicians - and each other - on both sides of the spectrum idiots. Stick to the facts, kids.

Some of our more conservative members have ceased to comment because of the hostility. This benefits nobody and if we turn this forum into an echo chamber, nobody is the winner.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Well, it just seems you posted that when you disagree, not because the post was senseless. You could have used dislike or disagree. I guess I have a different take on dumb than you?
What post(s) are you talking about? I scrolled back thru page 63 and could not find where I gave you a "dumb". I did give a few recently. Maybe you're talking about them. Please tell me which ones and I'll review and explain. If appropriate, I'll remove if the system allows.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Trump does it again. Because he fcuked up so bad early on in this pandemic, he now ordered 3M to stop shipment of masks to Canada, a move 3M doesn't want to do. Does he even have remotest clue of how many Canadian nurses that drive over from Windsor to Detroit to help out the poor folks in Detroit, a new hotspot in the US. He just keeps on going being an uneducated fcuktard.
You ask why I marked this "dumb".
"Because he fcuked up so bad early on in this pandemic, he now ordered 3M to stop shipment of masks to Canada"
Y'all keep saying that, and I keep pointing out he acted before ANY world leader, and was ridiculed by the Left. For that, you have nothing but deflection.

"Does he even have remotest clue of how many Canadian nurses that drive over from Windsor to Detroit to help out the poor folks in Detroit"
He is the leader of our COUNTRY. He has thousands of people verifying, sifting and funneling information to him. If the number of nurses is pertinent to decisions he has to make, of course he knows.

"He just keeps on going being an uneducated fcuktard."
You don't agree that is a dumb statement? He is more educated than anyone here. And your misspelling to call him some NSFW name is not clever... it's dumb.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
May Trump and all his supporters burn in hell.
You know, I can write a conservative perspective and receive half a dozen critical responses from the Left. But the Left can say something so vile as the statement above, and crickets. By your silence, you demonstrate your acceptance. Remember when I talked about the Left consumed by their hate, and y'all poo poo'd it? Shady, can you have Gene add an emoji to the list for "Burn In Hell"? Maybe a little flame, or a devil. That would make it easier for your people to wish eternal damnation on all conservatives. And Gene could add it to Audioholics advertisements. "Like audio equipment? Wish all conservatives would Burn In Hell? Well, we're your Huckleberry! Trust us."

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
You ask why I marked this "dumb".
"Because he fcuked up so bad early on in this pandemic, he now ordered 3M to stop shipment of masks to Canada"
Y'all keep saying that, and I keep pointing out he acted before ANY world leader, and was ridiculed by the Left.
I proved that statement as untrue back in post 1564. Why are you repeating what you now certainly know is a lie (as you've been directly told by me in this thread with specific details).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Italy's infection rate has slowed now which is a sign towards the positive.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Italy's infection rate has slowed now which is a sign towards the positive.
Some nations are actually looking at all the thousands dead and, you know, taking it seriously.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
You know, I can write a conservative perspective and receive half a dozen critical responses from the Left. But the Left can say something so vile as the statement above, and crickets. By your silence, you demonstrate your acceptance.
I'm hoping you can see the hypocrisy in your post here.

You not only don't comment when something like that is said from the right, you literally say them. So clearly, you accept the hatred you are putting out. Why hold "the left" to a different standard that you hold yourself?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
He is the leader of our COUNTRY. He has thousands of people verifying, sifting and funneling information to him. If the number of nurses is pertinent to decisions he has to make, of course he knows.
So, on March 6th, when Trump said "Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That's what the bottom line is." He knew it was a lie?

When on March 11th, Trump said of European restrictions "these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing." He knew that was a lie too?

On March 12th, when Trump said "You know, I just got back from India, and I didn't shake any hands there." .. I mean, he must have known that was a lie because he was literally shaking hands with people in India on the trip in question (we have photos).

So.. can you prove he "knows"? Can you prove the man that either lied about or forgot that he was shaking hands with people a few days earlier is actually aware of, well, basically anything?

You don't agree that is a dumb statement? He is more educated than anyone here. And your misspelling to call him some NSFW name is not clever... it's dumb.
We have literal PhDs in these forums. Posting on this thread includes some MDs.

Trump has a BS in economics.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Well, I'm glad everyone heeded my plea for civility and are now playing nice. :rolleyes:

I have a cousin - a nurse - who, with her husband, emigrated to the US many years ago. They are now American citizens and die-hard Trump supporters. She recently posted on Facebook being upset by all the negative comments posted by her Canadian relatives and friends directed towards POTUS. She just can't comprehend how people can be upset by him. I tried listing factual reasons why, but she didn't respond. Some have suggested to me in private that they will unfollow her over it. I replied that if we cut people out over our political differences, we will never find common ground. I believe that as long as we maintain communication, there is hope. It would be great if we could stop calling politicians - and each other - on both sides of the spectrum idiots. Stick to the facts, kids.

Some of our more conservative members have ceased to comment because of the hostility. This benefits nobody and if we turn this forum into an echo chamber, nobody is the winner.
OK. What does benefit someone?

Has your cousin been benefited by your approach?

While recognizing the dangers of an echo chamber, I would argue that getting people who are immune to facts to stop posting is about the only positive outcome I've ever seen happen.

There's an old saying "you cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reach through reason".

Trump's base is more a cult than a political position (yes, there is cultism on the extreme left too; but that's a much smaller percentage of the people I see posting). There's real fear among that crowd to admit that they were wrong, so they double down.

Yes, the harshness of how we interact with them is part of how that fear exists... but that ship has sailed. Plus, it didn't require actual harshness for them to get here. This is a crowd that believes there's a "war on Christmas". Their entire position is that the others are out to get them. "Liberal" is literally an insult in their vocabulary.

So what do you propose? What have you seen actually work (other than when circumstance makes them the victim of the policy they support. I've seen *that* work.)?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, my cousin is quite resistant to facts. :rolleyes:But, name-calling certainly doesn't help either. We can't give up on them, because if we continue to self-segregate, this crisis - in particular - will be that much more difficult to overcome. So, all I can propose is that we try to be civil and patient. We might not be able to convince anybody, but what have we lost if we don't?

We need to understand that conservatives think from a position of fear. Fear drives their need for more guns, less immigration, less co-operation, etc. I'm trying to empathize and it's a struggle, but I'm not ready to give up.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Down towards the middle they get into why people believe things like this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis