highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Dark green after dusk looks black and serves the purpose. ;)
And, I wasn't really talking or suggesting the military helicopter that he flies around in lately.
Black is slimming and goes with everything? :rolleyes:

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Seriously?
That is totally bogus!
I never said any of the things you quote me as saying!
For that matter, I do think Trump did the right thing when he stopped travel from China! However, he then did the wrong thing by not recognizing he had just bought some critical preparation time ... as if the virus would magically disappear!

For the record, in case you decide to do more deceptive doctoring of your posts, here is the quote I never wrote, but you assigned to me:

If I click on the link, it appears you used the post where I said this, but you then edited my post to say what you want to argue?
Kurt, I didn't edit anything you said. My comment was a reply to, "He down played the seriousness of this disease and this can be clearly demonstrated by the fact that he wanted to return the work force by Easter." On my computer it looked like this comment was yours. I simply hit "reply". If something somehow got mixed up, I'm sorry. I didn't do it on purpose. Cheers.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Trump made a legacy for himself alright but as the worst president the US ever had.
Funny. You should vote for Biden. He's the guy you want leading our recovery. Hahahahahahaha!!!! Just hope he picks a VP who can remind him every morning what covid is.

highfigh

highfigh

Funny. You should vote for Biden. He's the guy you want leading our recovery. Hahahahahahaha!!!! Just hope he picks a VP who can remind him every morning what covid is.
I think that at some point, he'll need someone to remind him of who HE is. ("Gee, my hair smells terrific").

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Curious Herbu, are you marking my 3M post dumb because I believe Trump didnt respond soon enough? The thing is, if our PM reacted with knee jerk reactions the way Trump does, Detroit would be far worse off from a lack off front line workers including nurses, and 3M would have a shortage of raw materials to produce the masks. Trump doesn't realize how interconnected our two countries are. Trump continues to make uninformed decisions. Quite frankly, other than Putin, the world leaders are tired of having to deal with a leader that behaves like a 2 year old toddler throwing temper tantrums because he either doesnt understand the big picture or uses bullying tactics to get his way.

I do agree with you that you really dont have any good presedential candidates to vote for. Biden is old and forgetful and Trump doesnt listen to his SMEs because he believes he knows better.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I do agree with you that you really dont have any good presedential candidates to vote for. Biden is old and forgetful and Trump doesnt listen to his SMEs because he believes he knows better.
Biden would not have systematically disarmed many of the mechanisms that we had in place to prevent our present disaster. Trump was actively working to undo our defenses against disease outbreak. He could have done a better job by simply doing nothing, but instead he sought to harm everything in place intended to pre-emptively fight a disease such as COVID-19. And for no other reasons than spitefulness and xenophobia.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Holly Molly, just once I'd love to see the a-hole lefties and righties realize we are all in this mess together ! ANYONE that believes one side is THE responsible party doesn't know their ass from third base !!!!!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Holly Molly, just once I'd love to see the a-hole lefties and righties realize we are all in this mess together ! ANYONE that believes one side is THE responsible party doesn't know their ass from third base !!!!!!!
No getting away from that for sure. We'd be in better shape if some particular group of politicians who respected science and existing preparations was
in charge right now, though.

ps oh, and of course any kind of national healthcare preparations

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
This is going to be future talking points for conservatives once it becomes more widely known how badly the Republicans have screwed the pooch: "Well BOTH sides are responsible, somehow!" Of course, this objectively untrue. Once side tried to prevent this, this other side decided that preventative measures against a pandemic outbreak was unnecessary because they didn't like being told what to do by smartypants PhDs. Now I have family who are in danger and are afraid because of Republican incompetence. May Trump and all his supporters burn in hell.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This is going to be future talking points for conservatives once it becomes more widely known how badly the Republicans have screwed the pooch: "Well BOTH sides are responsible, somehow!" Of course, this objectively untrue. Once side tried to prevent this, this other side decided that preventative measures against a pandemic outbreak was unnecessary because they didn't like being told what to do by smartypants PhDs. Now I have family who are in danger and are afraid because of Republican incompetence. May Trump and all his supporters burn in hell.
Truth has a well-known liberal bias.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
That's propaganda put forth from the right to prevent people from voting in their own interest.

Universal healthcare for example. The Left is in favor of it, actually mostly passed it. The Right is opposed and has been dismantling.

That's not to say that the left is flawless.... that would be like calling American flawless as we were opposing the Nazis (ohh..I miss the days when US Presidents didn't defend Nazis)... but to extend that to a phrase like "both bad" is false equivalence.

One party wants to fund social security and the other wants to get rid of it.
One has passed universal healthcare, and is advocating one-payer; the other has dismantled it.
One lowers the deficit when they are in power. The other does not.
The list goes on and on.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Traditionally this is on-purpose. It's "poisoning the well", where Republican administrations screw everything up so badly that their successors have to spend all their time undoing the damage.

Trump is just naturally gifted in this regard.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I've been watching this thread with detached curiosity since the beginning, once in a while throwing in a meme or two to try to lighten the mood. Sometimes the responses would genuinely crack me up - I cannot believe some of the people on here actually believe what they do - but have tried to keep my distance. I've never weighed in on it from either the left or right side, conservative or liberal, paranoid or practical.

I like this site and its merry bands of misfits because, when it comes to things AV, it is mostly filled with objectivists (again, staying away from inferring my stance on these issues) and subjectivist are regularly ridiculed (sometimes unnecessarily, IMO, but its cool).

Therefore, when I see a group of individuals, with regard to the current pandemic, so subjective in their views, so poisoned by their choices of information, so filled with hatred that they are blind to what is actually happening, it really makes me sad. "May Trump and all his supporters burn in hell."? That is something I would never wish on anyone, much less say, no matter how much we vehemently disagree. One thing I can say, though is this: piss off.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

We saw a similar report here in Canada. Trump is so hell bent in erasing Obama's legacy. The people infected by COVID would have been a lot less under Obama compared to Trump. Trump made a legacy for himself alright but as the worst president the US ever had.
Yes, now he has the right to claim to be #1.
In covod 19 cases, deaths, and #1 being the worst pres and most likely he will always be 1st there. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I like this site and its merry bands of misfits because, when it comes to things AV, it is mostly filled with objectivists (again, staying away from inferring my stance on these issues) and subjectivist are regularly ridiculed (sometimes unnecessarily, IMO, but its cool).
Well, subjectivist are called to task for testable claims they seem to make so frequently.;)
I guess just liking this or that is not enough.:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Herbu, stop using that "dumb" rating on everything your seem to disagree with.
He has only ever given out 6 dumb ratings.

I've received more than that from just 1 member who wants to lick my bag.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Curious Herbu, are you marking my 3M post dumb because I believe Trump didnt respond soon enough?
Trump closed traffic from China on Jan 31. Please show me where one single President/PM/World Leader raised the flag and took action for Covid before this.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Trump doesnt listen to his SMEs because he believes he knows better.
Really? We had a number of "official" SMEs designated by exec mgmt at work. I was one. (For those who don't know, SME is Subject Matter Expert.) It was not unusual in a crisis mgmt meeting for SMEs to disagree. We would discuss, the ruling exec would listen to inputs, then make a decision.

I don't know any more about Trump's internal meetings than you do. But I'm gonna guess he had/has a number of SMEs providing input. In almost every case he will disagree with one or more of them. When you have varying proposals and have to chose one, you necessarily disagree with somebody. To take that environment and turn it into, "Trump doesnt listen to his SMEs because he believes he knows better", sounds like typical Trump Derangement Syndrome spin to me. It is emotion, and at best demonstrates a lack of understanding.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis