JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
agreed, but remember this, when it comes to manufacturing, which country is quickly 'controlling the periodic table' ....... you guessed it - China !
Absolutely.

The US used to have a lot more access.. but some political party or another started complaining about the <1% of the budget that was going to foreign aid; so we withdrew from places rich in resources (such as central Africa) and China was happy to step into the void and start building infrastructure to buy the friends we were calling "shithole countries".

When you abdicate, don't complain that someone else steps up.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
This pandemic has shown one need...to bring back some of the manufacturing back on shore, especially medical supplies.
In addition to what you mentioned, I've thought of several other beliefs or practices that Covid-19 has exposed as major weaknesses.

Overseas Manufacture of critical items, including medical supplies & military items.
As 3db already mentioned

Just-In-Time Manufacturing & Inventory Practices
As it's often practiced, this has become a way to limit stockpiling large inventories of manufacturing parts & materials. It may please the cost cutters, but in an emergency, it becomes a major roadblock to any rapid response. I'm reminded how our local electric power company had an entirely inadequate inventory of replacement power line transformers. It cut costs, but after a hurricane hit the area, they needed roughly 10× more transformers than their stingy inventory had.

Inadequate US Private Health Insurance & Health Care System
As soon as people lose their jobs for any reason, including a viral pandemic, most of them also loose their ability to pay for health care. How is that a good idea?

Importance of Vaccines – Falsehood of anti-Vaccine beliefs
The SARS-Cov2 virus threat will not end until there is a safe & effective vaccine. One that the public widely accepts. I've noticed how silent the anti-vaccine crowd has been lately.

Inadequate Math & Science Education in the USA
When I see how few people understand how fast exponential growth is, I'm reminded of high school math class. There were the smart kids at the front of the classroom, and the dumb bells throwing spitballs in the back. Guess where Anthony Fauci sat? Guess where Trump sat?

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Inadequate US Private Health Insurance & Health Care System
As soon as people lose their jobs for any reason, including a viral pandemic, most of them also loose their ability to pay for health care. How is that a good idea?

Thank you Swerd. I couldn't have said it better myself.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
.... I'm reminded how our local electric power company had an entirely inadequate inventory of replacement power line transformers. It cut costs, but after a hurricane hit the area, they needed roughly 10× more transformers than their stingy inventory had.
And, that is not a 20 year cycle or more. ;)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well Governor Edwards here in Louisiana ordered a State wide Extension of the stay home, till the end of this month.

highfigh

highfigh

Apparently, Canada is two weeks behind the COVID spike compared to the US and things are going get a lot worse. At the moment, we have 2793 confirmed cases in Ontario. The province of Quebec is a little over 2x that of Ontario. Whats interesting about this fact is that Quebec's March break is a week earlier than Ontario's. Unfortunately, Quebecers were travelling abroad during that week, a week before Canada began its lock down. It demonstrates that lockdown is an effective means of trying to flatten the curve. This is truly a hell on earth.
I think 'hell on Earth' would be if nobody tried anything in a attempt to stop it and actually sent known infected people to other places as a way to infect them, too.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Dark green, not black.
Dark green after dusk looks black and serves the purpose. ;)
And, I wasn't really talking or suggesting the military helicopter that he flies around in lately.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

What's the deal with government stockpiles not for states use but for a private company who want states to bid on them at extraordinary markups? Really? :eek:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Trump does it again. Because he fcuked up so bad early on in this pandemic, he now ordered 3M to stop shipment of masks to Canada, a move 3M doesn't want to do. Does he even have remotest clue of how many Canadian nurses that drive over from Windsor to Detroit to help out the poor folks in Detroit, a new hotspot in the US. He just keeps on going being an uneducated fcuktard.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Federally sanctioned price gauging? Really?
Yes, absolutely. When stores do it that is illegal but when a business model just changed and became ebay with your products, then it is a normal business practice.
As to this going on, it came directly from an admiral of some kind, Fema, at a news conference where even Jared spoke stated this is how it is.
Stockpile is for the government to do with as they want, not for the states.That makes me wonder how deeply the family is involved in making a killing off this pandemic.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Trump does it again. Because he fcuked up so bad early on in this pandemic, he now ordered 3M to stop shipment of masks to Canada, a move 3M doesn't want to do. Does he even have remotest clue of how many Canadian nurses that drive over from Windsor to Detroit to help out the poor folks in Detroit, a new hotspot in the US. He just keeps on going being an uneducated fcuktard.
The majority of masks are manufactured outside the US. Retaliation will kill Americans.

Also:
Facemask.jpg

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The USA had measures in place to detect and deal with diseases like this, but of course Trump along with the Republican party tore down our defenses before this outbreak:

Keep in mind, these aren't just different reports on the same story; these are all actually different stories. It's almost like the Trump administration wanted this pandemic to occur. If Democrats have any sense whatsoever, they will make this the lead election issue this November. And if American's have any sense, they should not only vote Trump and Republicans out of office, they should ostracize them from civilization as much as possible.

This is what happens when you elect leaders who don't just ignore experts but, as a matter of ideology, reject the very notion of expertise.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The USA had measures in place to detect and deal with diseases like this, but of course Trump along with the Republican party tore down our defenses before this outbreak:

Keep in mind, these aren't just different reports on the same story; these are all actually different stories. It's almost like the Trump administration wanted this pandemic to occur. If Democrats have any sense whatsoever, they will make this the lead election issue this November. And if American's have any sense, they should not only vote Trump and Republicans out of office, they should ostracize them from civilization as much as possible.

This is what happens when you elect leaders who don't just ignore experts but, as a matter of ideology, reject the very notion of expertise.
We saw a similar report here in Canada. Trump is so hell bent in erasing Obama's legacy. The people infected by COVID would have been a lot less under Obama compared to Trump. Trump made a legacy for himself alright but as the worst president the US ever had.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis