Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
So, you aren't referring to the people who couldn't get the CDC to test because it didn't meet the criteria?

I don't understand. Most people on a respirator have some combination of being immune-compromised and having a contagious disease.

Are you saying that respirators don't have hi-MIRV HEPA filters on their air channels? That makes it seem like the entire medical community is basically incompetent.
That's nothing new! Most doctors don't know much about nutrition! Their medical course only covers a little chapter on nutrition! I didn't invent that fact which has been reported in several books written by experts in nutrition and scientific reporters.
They are however good at prescribing medicine instead of trying to correct what's wrong in someone's diet as a preliminary approach.

Last edited:
JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
That's nothing new! Most doctors don't know much about nutrition! Their medical course only covers a little chapter on nutrition! I didn't invent that fact which has been reported in several books written by experts in nutrition and scientific reporters.
They are however good at prescribing medicine instead of trying to correct what's wrong in someone's diet as a preliminary approach.
I'm not really sure what that has to do with the entire medical industry and simple and effective blocking of virui.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
It's here in Oregon. Community spread.

By my math, one confirmed case equals 20-40 undetected and devoloping.

1-5 is serious, the other four think they have the flu
Doubles every two days R6 (according to Los Alamos), or doubles every six days R2.68 (Imperial College London)
Average time from first symptom to hospital is five days.
Contagious 1-2 days before symptoms
Thus 60-120 cases in the wild, or 20-40 cases in the wild as of 2/28

Forest Hills Elementary
Likely a teacher, likely a white female
Lives in Washington County

This is 30 min from me.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trump is taking a leaf out of China's book and muzzling the CDC. They have to check with Spence before opening their mouths. I hope they disobey that order.
At a time when competent and trustworthy leadership is needed the most, Trump and his loyalists are not handling the first crisis not of Trump's own making very well. At the same time Russia bombed Turkish forces in Syria killing at least 33 troops with Turkey then calling for a NATO emergency meeting.

Trump Accuses Media and Democrats of Exaggerating Coronavirus Threat:

"Mr. Trump said that news outlets like CNN were “doing everything they can to instill fear in people,” while some Democrats were “trying to gain political favor by saying a lot of untruths.” His acting White House chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, went even further, telling conservative activists that journalists were hyping the coronavirus because “they think this will bring down the president; that’s what this is all about.”
At a campaign rally on Friday evening in South Carolina, the president denounced Democrats, describing the concerns they have expressed about the virus as “their new hoax” after the Russia investigation and then impeachment. “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus,” he said. “We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They cannot even count the votes in Iowa.”"​

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I can hardly wait for someone to declare this a Russian/Chinese plot to destabilize the US election process, since the DNC will be held in Milwaukee in July.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
It's here in Oregon. Community spread.

By my math, one confirmed case equals 20-40 undetected and devoloping.

1-5 is serious, the other four think they have the flu
Doubles every two days
Average time from first symptom to hospital is five days.
Contagious 1-2 days before symptoms
Thus 20-40 cases in the wild.

Forest Hills Elementary
Likely a teacher, likely a white female
Lives in Washington County

This is 30 min from me.
So Red, since it is so close, what are your plans, what are you going to do?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I can hardly wait for someone to declare this a Russian/Chinese plot to destabilize the US election process, since the DNC will be held in Milwaukee in July.
It would not be surprise if some f*cking moron would declare that is a Russion/Chinese plot, though it's much more likely that some f*cking moron would declare that to deflect from the fact that there is a f*cking moron sitting in the Oval Office declaring that this is indeed a plot to hurt his re-election prospect.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
Trump did not make this crisis. This is a once a century event, and it is happening to every country in the world. Stop looking for someone to scapegoat and accept the scientific reality of this pandemic; it's doing what the math said it would do.

The CDC made their own test instead of using the WHO's test, and the CDC test is producing false positives; it's picking up every version of Coronavirus, and there are seven types of Coronaviruses, three of which give people the common cold. Trump did not create that problem, someone at CDC did.

And to be fair, I imagine this is not Trump's cup of tea. And I think that's why he handed it off to Mike Pence. Trump's greatest leadership strength is his ability to delegate to others and not micromanage them.

I am disappointed that Trump did not ban hammer air travel from Italy and S. Korea today.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
He is in denial that Trump and his loyalists are mishandling the response to this crisis, so much that that he has to mark posts with quotes what Trump and Mulvaney said as dumb.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
I already bought enough masks/gloves/safety glasses for my family and close friends a month ago. I have a two month supply of food and other essentials. I am pulling my kids from day care.

Construction is slow right for me right now; we're waiting on permits. I'm finishing three punch lists on sold houses, and finishing up the final inspections on another house. I normally build between 6-10 houses at time, but by the beginning of April, I will be waiting on half a dozen permits, so I have plenty of time to take of my kids.

Pocket hand sanitizer, tissues to touch door knobs.

I have a thermometer. I have an oximeter.

I will be cleaning any groceries. I will not eat out. No salads.

Shoes will remain outside. Floors must cleaned every day.

With any luck my wife will be able to work from home instead of going to her job at cardio clinic. If she get's called to ICU, I have tarps to isolate her from the rest of the house. I also have a plan to quarantine either myself or my wife in a spare bedroom, if either of us get sick. One of my biggest concerns is continuity of parenting. I am really trying to avoid both of us getting sick at the same time.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trump did not make this crisis. This is a once a century event, and it is happening to every country in the world. Stop looking for someone to scapegoat and accept the scientific reality of this pandemic; it's doing what the math said it would do.

The CDC made their own test instead of using the WHO's test, and the CDC test is producing false positives; it's picking up every version of Coronavirus, and there are seven types of Coronaviruses, three of which give people the common cold. Trump did not create that problem, someone at CDC did.

And to be fair, I imagine this is not Trump's cup of tea. And I think that's why he handed it off to Mike Pence. Trump's greatest leadership strength is his ability to delegate to others and not micromanage them.

I am disappointed that Trump did not ban hammer air travel from Italy and S. Korea today.
I explicitly wrote that this crisis was not of Trump's own making in the very first sentence, but the response is all on him. Must be hard on you to be very afraid of the virus and a die-hardTrump follower at the same time.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The CDC do not want people buying masks. They will not stop you getting Coronavirus. They will stop you spreading it somewhat. So they want to conserve them fro people who are ill.
agreed, this manufacturer, on our railroad(inbound resin) is working around the clock

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
He is in denial that Trump and his loyalists are mishandling the response to this crisis, so much that that he has to mark posts with quotes what Trump and Mulvaney said as dumb.
I am not in denial about the major failure that has happened. We have a low number of cases because the tests the CDC designed are jacked up. It's a serious snafu that the United States is not testing 10,000 to 30,000 cases a day right now.

I don't blame Trump for this. This is the CDC's fault.

S. Korea has done the best of any nation so far, and the opposition party in Korea is hammering Moon Jae-in anyway.

thrillcat

thrillcat

Audioholic Intern

Who fired all the experienced leadership at the CDC again?

You don’t wait until there’s a fire to staff your fire department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
18k and counting, the number of deaths so far this season from the 'flu' here in the US. I pray we don't see anywhere near that number from the coronavirus .............

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I am not in denial about the major failure that has happened. We have a low number of cases because the tests the CDC designed are jacked up. It's a serious snafu that the United States is not testing 10,000 to 30,000 cases a day right now.

I don't blame Trump for this. This is the CDC's fault.

S. Korea has done the best of any nation so far, and the opposition party in Korea is hammering Moon Jae-in anyway.
Despite all your fear and preparedness at home, as this thread clearly shows, you let your political partisanship blind you to the Trump mishandling of the crisis as well as previous actions that have reduced the US capability to handle a virus outbreak.

Your best protection is a competent and efficient response to the outbreak, at all levels. Stockpiles of guns, ammo, food and water, not so much.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
18k and counting, the number of deaths so far this season from the 'flu' here in the US. I pray we don't see anywhere near that number from the coronavirus .............
About 2% of the reported cases have been fatal while the death rate for flu in US is about 0.1%.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
In 2018, for instance, the CDC cut 80% of its efforts to prevent global disease outbreaks because it was running out of money. Ultimately, the department went from working in 49 countries to just 10.

Here are some other actions the Trump administration undertook to dismantle government-spending programs related to fighting the spread of global diseases :
  • Shutting down the entire global-health-security unit of the National Security Council.
  • Eliminating the US government's $30 million Complex Crises Fund.
  • Reducing national health spending by $15 billion.
  • Consistently attacking Mark Green, the director of the US Agency for International Development.
The president that asked for $4.5 billion in border wall funding for 2020 is asking $2.5 billion for this, half of which he wants to pull from other programs.

Also Pence, who said smoking doesn't kill, condoms don't work, and the correct approach to HIV is prayer is in charge of this response. The man is a science denier. How do you think this will work out?

Meanwhile: people are being actively discouraged from having an appropriate level of concern. https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-anthony-fauci-trump-admin-stops-discussion-2020-2?utm_campaign=sf-insider-main&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1IDJPDmqxHJfvHjnFmNLHbyg3hJyQmPgkJHcHyS7LRgTDt690FpOCrtbE&r=US&IR=T

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I already bought enough masks/gloves/safety glasses for my family and close friends a month ago.
All basically useless.

I have a two month supply of food and other essentials. I am pulling my kids from day care.
That should help forestall.

Pocket hand sanitizer, tissues to touch door knobs.
I have a thermometer. I have an oximeter.
I will be cleaning any groceries. I will not eat out. No salads.
Shoes will remain outside. Floors must cleaned every day.
*Some* of those are sensical. You should halve already been washing your food.

With any luck my wife will be able to work from home instead of going to her job at cardio clinic. If she get's called to ICU, I have tarps to isolate her from the rest of the house. I also have a plan to quarantine either myself or my wife in a spare bedroom, if either of us get sick. One of my biggest concerns is continuity of parenting. I am really trying to avoid both of us getting sick at the same time.
Who takes care of the sick person and their stuff? Given the number of medical professionals that, themselves, got sick....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
In 2018, for instance, the CDC cut 80% of its efforts to prevent global disease outbreaks because it was running out of money. Ultimately, the department went from working in 49 countries to just 10.

Here are some other actions the Trump administration undertook to dismantle government-spending programs related to fighting the spread of global diseases :
  • Shutting down the entire global-health-security unit of the National Security Council.
  • Eliminating the US government's $30 million Complex Crises Fund.
  • Reducing national health spending by $15 billion.
  • Consistently attacking Mark Green, the director of the US Agency for International Development.
The president that asked for $4.5 billion in border wall funding for 2020 is asking $2.5 billion for this, half of which he wants to pull from other programs.

Also Pence, who said smoking doesn't kill, condoms don't work, and the correct approach to HIV is prayer is in charge of this response. The man is a science denier. How do you think this will work out?

Meanwhile: people are being actively discouraged from having an appropriate level of concern. https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-anthony-fauci-trump-admin-stops-discussion-2020-2?utm_campaign=sf-insider-main&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1IDJPDmqxHJfvHjnFmNLHbyg3hJyQmPgkJHcHyS7LRgTDt690FpOCrtbE&r=US&IR=T
How else will he partially pay for his tax cut and border wall? ;) :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis