CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
I think you could benefit from the masks as long as they are N95 certified.
The N95 masks are sold out everywhere! Stopped in at a bunch of pharmacy’s today and the N95s were sold out and the others were going like hot cakes. Crazy
We regret to inform you that your request to rejoin civilization has been rejected. Chinatown wasn't good enough for you and now you wanna put everybody else at risk. Nuh-uh, no thank you. You stay right where you are until this blows over. We got enough problems.

Good luck.

Just kidding, stay safe ... but stay in Cali when you get back. :D
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
NPR Boston was reporting the masks are sold out there despite no cases real or otherwise located anywhere near Boston. But get a panic going, make a fortune in selling masks. I'm not worried. Wash your hands, try to avoid large crowded areas, and wash your hands! I know it's hard in cities that rely on public transportation like most of the US east coast. I would hate to be of asian descent with a cough on a subway right now.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
NPR Boston was reporting the masks are sold out there despite no cases real or otherwise located anywhere near Boston. But get a panic going, make a fortune in selling masks. I'm not worried. Wash your hands, try to avoid large crowded areas, and wash your hands! I know it's hard in cities that rely on public transportation like most of the US east coast. I would hate to be of asian descent with a cough on a subway right now.
I’m building another MRI room in Boston wearing Smurf booties. They’re more worried about me tracking dust than me tripping and nobody is wearing masks except one Asian guy out on the street. It was a stylish black ninja looking affair.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The N95 masks are sold out everywhere! Stopped in at a bunch of pharmacy’s today and the N95s were sold out and the others were going like hot cakes. Crazy
Home Depot/Lows may have them.

C

CoryW

Audioholic
63 cases in the US under investigation with specimens sent to the CDC. Two of these cases are in Minnesota. The UK is now trying to trace 2000 individuals of concern. The UK had an emergency Cobra meeting this morning. There are believed to be 6 cases in Scotland and one in Belfast Norther Ireland. France is believed to have a confirmed case.
Saw my doc today for my yearly. I asked that very questio. He twisted big time, and stated that this virus has killed some fifty people in China. The whole world is having a hissy. 54,000 people have died this year due to the flu. Half of US residents don’t get vaccination because uneducated folks think its the shot that makes you sick. 8 kids died at primary children’s hospital in Salt Lake. Not one should have died, and not one was given a vaccination for the flue.

if they came up with a vaccine all the sudden for the Chinese Black Death, people would overrun the hospital to get it. People are morons..as am I, but I’m a protected moron..

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Saw my doc today for my yearly. I asked that very questio. He twisted big time, and stated that this virus has killed some fifty people in China. The whole world is having a hissy. 54,000 people have died this year due to the flu. Half of US residents don’t get vaccination because uneducated folks think its the shot that makes you sick. 8 kids died at primary children’s hospital in Salt Lake. Not one should have died, and not one was given a vaccination for the flue.
It's not just uneducated folks who won't get the flu vaccine. There are plenty of educated fools who fall for that nonsense too.

Similar nonsense is spread about the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine. And it's much more effective than each year's flu vaccine.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
So, Zhong was the man during SARS. And he has a reputation for saying what he actually thinks. So when I read that he thinks the virus will peak in a week to ten days, it got me thinking. And after a quick jog, I realized that all the cases now are from the pre-awareness stage, which I would say ended on January 20th, because that’s when the Chinese government came and told everyone that the new Coronavirus was transmissible human to human. It probably took less than 24 hours thereafter to change everyone’s behavior in China. So by January 22nd, every Chinese person in Wuhan was practicing good hygiene and isolating themselves as much as possible. By January 23rd, it is likely that everywhere in China, began practicing good hygiene and being paranoid. If the virus takes 1-14 days to present symptoms with an average of seven days, then we should see exponential growth begin to slow down on Feb 1, and with new cases beginning to level out by Feb 6th. And my math is close to what Zhong said; we should be seeing the exponential growth curve begin to level out around February 4th to 7th. However, if the exponential growth curve does not begin to curve down in China by February 8th, we’re in big trouble, because that would mean that all of the countermeasures are worthless.

They were caught flat footed by this. Hospital staff were overwhelmed. And many of them got sick, which worsened the situation. However, they’re busing in reinforcements and they’re wearing full bunny suits to make DAMN sure that no more healthcare workers get sick; healthcare workers are the most important people right now and they cannot afford to lose a single one. And hell, they're building new hospitals because there could be a quarter of a million cases around that time.

It also makes sense that the Chinese government would go ape when it became clear they had an epidemic on their hands. Even if the virus only has a 2% kill rate, that’s a disaster. For the individual, they may see those odds and say, “I’ll be fine.” However, the death toll from half the population of China getting sick would be 14 million people dead. And I believe that left unchecked this virus could do that.

The Australians got it in a petri dish today, so they can start throwing drugs at it to see what works. And they can also start the next stage of figuring out a vaccine. What I’m saying is, there was actually a lot of good news today.

This virus could, and likely will outbreak in other countries, but it may not, God willing.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
This virus could, and likely will outbreak in other countries, but it may not, God willing.
Unfortunately, it has. Two countries including Germany are reporting cases in people who have not traveled to China. The German case involved a Chinese employee who attended a meeting or training in Germany. That person became symptomatic on the flight back to China. Fortunately, that person reported upon arrival. The German staffer is being treated and others exposed are being monitored. The German company is allowing office staff to work from home for a bit to reduce possible spread.

Unfortunately, that Chinese individual do travel on airplanes from Germany to China while symptomatic.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I’m building another MRI room in Boston wearing Smurf booties. They’re more worried about me tracking dust than me tripping and nobody is wearing masks except one Asian guy out on the street. It was a stylish black ninja looking affair.

Steel toe Redwings?

Love the smurf booties. Fortunately for me, most of my customers are commercial and I just drop my product off at their loading dock. I don't have to install those. But I should get some of the smurf booties for my next install next week. So thanks for the reminder!!

Don't get me started on the walls. Ugh...at 34 inches up from the floor, the wall is vertically out of square by 1-1/4".

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
If the virus takes 1-14 days to present symptoms with an average of seven days, then we should see exponential growth begin to slow down on Feb 1, and with new cases beginning to level out by Feb 6th. And my math is close to what Zhong said; we should be seeing the exponential growth curve begin to level out around February 4th to 7th. However, if the exponential growth curve does not begin to curve down in China by February 8th, we’re in big trouble, because that would mean that all of the countermeasures are worthless.
The numbers of cases through yesterday (28 Jan) don't show any signs of slowing down. That sure looks like an exponential curve to me.
1580316128351.png

The same numbers on a semi-log plot clearly shows the epidemic is expanding exponentially. The numbers of cases doubles about every 1.7 days. A plot of deaths is expanding at the same rate, running parallel to the curve for numbers of cases.
1580316165645.png

Figures are from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Wuhan_coronavirus_outbreak.

In the future, the rate of expansion will eventually slow down. But these numbers, so far, cannot predict when that might be. Stay tuned.

Remember that this coronavirus epidemic seems to be small potatoes compared to influenza.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The numbers of cases through yesterday (28 Jan) don't show any signs of slowing down. That sure looks like an exponential curve to me.
View attachment 33679
The same numbers on a semi-log plot clearly shows the epidemic is expanding exponentially. The numbers of cases doubles about every 1.7 days. A plot of deaths is expanding at the same rate, running parallel to the curve for numbers of cases.
View attachment 33680
Figures are from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Wuhan_coronavirus_outbreak.

In the future, the rate of expansion will eventually slow down. But these numbers, so far, cannot predict when that might be. Stay tuned.

Remember that this coronavirus epidemic seems to be small potatoes compared to influenza.
Is that total cases or incremental increase from day to day?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
We are doomed. All our AVR's, speakers, subs, TV's are built in China. They are shipped here and carry the virus. ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

We are doomed. All our AVR's, speakers, subs, TV's are built in China. They are shipped here and carry the virus. ;)
Good thing I was not waiting for an item or planning on until at least the half life of the buggers are up, if not full life. ;):)

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
Swerd, the current trajectory will be exponential until Feb 4-7. Because confirmed cases lag policy and procedure by the incubation period, which is 1 to 14 days. If China's isolation and treatment strategies are working, then the growth curve will turn down. If their policies are not working, then exponential growth will continue unabated.

Any action taken today, won't show up in the numbers for two weeks. Feb 7 is 14 days after Wuhan quarantine, and that's around the time we should see exponential growth level out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis