panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Likewise, there is the report from his Sunday Presser of his finding the Coronavirus Test to not be fun... I can only assume he was hoping for a happy ending by a nurse in a French Maid costume.

(For any old-school Animaniacs fans out there, I know you get the joke!)

And then there is Chrissy Teigen's response... Priceless:
She's nothing if not a wordsmith. Paints a lovely picture.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Fortunately, my previously mentioned children who were planning to travel have both grounded themselves.

Sometimes I wonder about the accuracy of the tests. For example, in New Mexico they're not testing anyone without symptoms and recommended by an MD, yet out of 5386 tests there were only 65 positives as of this morning. That is difficult to believe.

Idaho has tested 1365 people as of last Friday, again only those showing symptoms, and have merely 47 cases in the state as of last Friday.

I realize these are sparsely populated states, but the positive ratios look very low.
I've felt the same way about the numbers; that they don't add up. Of course living out here in somewhat rural-esque wine country CA, with a fair mix of Hippies and Good 'Ol Boys, I've heard enough conspiracy BS from both sides of the argument to fill the Hindenburg for another flight. :oops:
That said... as is the manner of conspiracy theories, it leaves enough wiggle room to make a little sense... :rolleyes:

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Agreed. Tested vs. positive results are very low. Maybe things will even out once that 45min test gets approved and testing is a lot more widespread.
I could believe the results if these were random tests, but they're not. Both states test only people with suspected COVID-19 symptoms.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
This morning the numbers I heard were about 30,000 cases in the US and around 400 deaths from the CoronaVirus.
What is frustrating me is that I cannot find anywhere that specified how many people have been tested! This is an obvious lapse in the data being provided!
Does anyone know where I can find this information?
I suspect that since the tests are probably largely being used on people with symptoms that the number of cases would be very high as a percentage of the number of tests, but it would be nice to get some idea and be able to know how many tests are administered each day as well as seeing the increased levels of testing grow as availability increases.
I think I read somewhere this morning that there have been about 250,000 tested in the US and 100,000 in Canada. We have about 1500 positive and 20 deaths.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
With the current testing-to-results delay, I expect US infected numbers to balloon this week, since truly widespread testing did not begin until last week. I'm quite certain that we will surpass China in total number of infected citizens before the week ends.

A lot of people still aren't taking this seriously and will not until there is a legitimate spike in deaths. The 400 will probably be into the thousands in 2 weeks. Even if our isolation measures begin to flatten the curve, we have a lot of folks right now who are dead men walking but don't know it yet.

With the Dow steady plummeting, I also think our pathetic leadership is going to ultimately say it's ok to work whether you test positive or not, as long as you aren't outwardly sick. Sick/vulnerable people stay at home if you want (without pay of course). Only my theory, and we'll know for sure in a week. "Bop till you drop" will discourage testing for those who can't afford to miss work, and this whole ordeal will last longer than it needs to.

Virginia governor just ordered all non-essential businesses closed for 30 days. Yay, my job is essential even if we only had 2 hours of actual work to do all of last week. :D Laughably, the ABC is also considered an essential business. Might be the only thing keeping the riots at bay.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Right. Sparking compassion is what you were thinking. We all know it is your default perspective. Like I said, I'm OK if that's the door you choose... but that door swings both ways. Right, moderators?
You're appealing to the moderators here? That's funny. Yes, I prefer compassion over what this president brings to the table, which he lacks very much. Unless it's about him....he's always looking for praise even when he f*cks up, like he did here. Still seeking Fred's approval or something in that screwed up mess of a brain he has.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
And if it would take out Pelosi and Schumer, perhaps we could get relief to the people.
So there could be a free, unmonitored gift to who knows whom, corporations, right? Just like before, right?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
You're appealing to the moderators here? That's funny. Yes, I prefer compassion over what this president brings to the table, which he lacks very much. Unless it's about him....he's always looking for praise even when he f*cks up, like he did here. Still seeking Fred's approval or something in that screwed up mess of a brain he has.
Not appealing. Just drawing their attention to the tenor of comments and jokes from the libs, so they'll remember their tolerance when the door swings the other way.

Always fun to hear Monday morning quarterbacks... especially those who don't even understand the game, and couldn't last 5 minutes in the job.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
So there could be a free, unmonitored gift to who knows whom, corporations, right? Just like before, right?
Hahahahaha!!! You have no idea what you're talking about. Too bad Pelosi's sneaky midnight ballot didn't work. You think it should have passed?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not appealing. Just drawing their attention to the tenor of comments and jokes from the libs, so they'll remember their tolerance when the door swings the other way.

Always fun to hear Monday morning quarterbacks... especially those who don't even understand the game, and couldn't last 5 minutes in the job.
So you're threatening me with fascist punishment now? Figures.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
All of this toilet paper nonsense could easily be solved if we were a country that used a bidet instead.
Do you know a *good* one that doesn't involve a multi-thousand-dollar toilet from Japan?

Not to mention getting current into the WC.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
All of this toilet paper nonsense could easily be solved if we were a country that used a bidet instead.

Having said that, I was able to get a great pick up order at HEB (local grocery) and they had toilet paper. I guess I'm rich now. :)
This has been one of my thoughts....was there a run on bidets when TP ran out? I do intend to get around to installing my mini-bidet I got from Amazon last year :) I was spoiled tho on a visit to a friend's that had one of the super Japanese do-everything bidets.....

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
There's also this. Charmin is looking to hire tail gunners. No prior experience needed.
Compensation is said to include non-monetary paper goods.
1584998976038.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis