Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Got the latest COVID booster last night. Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent.

Today:
Sore arm
Slight achiness
Fatigue
Feel slightly "fluish" (is that a word?)
General malaise
Feel feverish (no fever)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
There are over 300 Omicron subvariants reported on this planet. Even some white tail deers in Canada are carrying the virus. No, we are not through with Covid-19.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
There are over 300 Omicron subvariants reported on this planet. Even some white tail deers in Canada are carrying the virus. No, we are not through with Covid-19.
Yeah, I've seen quite a few articles recently about all the variants circulating right now. It does not give me the warm fuzzies.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Looks like BU has come up with the perfect storm covid variant(80% mortality) that the Democrats could use to lock down their states again! Way to go, BU.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Yup. Maybe they have adequate security, but didn't they watch Outbreak?!:cool:
Did you miss these parts?

"When mice were infected with just the original, ancestral virus strain, 100% of the mice died...

“In fact, this research made the virus replicate less dangerous,” the university added. "

ie. It made it less deadly than the original strain.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Did you miss these parts?

"When mice were infected with just the original, ancestral virus strain, 100% of the mice died...

“In fact, this research made the virus replicate less dangerous,” the university added. "

ie. It made it less deadly than the original strain.
Of course, I saw that. But did you miss this part?

"The scientists in BU’s National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories found that all mice infected with only the BA.1 omicron variant had mild cases and survived".

And,

"while the combined omicron spike protein with original COVID-19 virus strain inflicted severe disease with an 80% mortality rate."

So, what they've come up with is slightly less lethal than the original virus, but orders of magnitude more lethal than the currently circulating BA.1 variant.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Of course, I saw that. But did you miss this part?

"The scientists in BU’s National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories found that all mice infected with only the BA.1 omicron variant had mild cases and survived".

And,

"while the combined omicron spike protein with original COVID-19 virus strain inflicted severe disease with an 80% mortality rate."

So, what they've come up with is slightly less lethal than the original virus, but orders of magnitude more lethal than the currently circulating BA.1 variant.
Yes I read that, but your initial statement only talked about one part of the article while excluding everything else.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I got my booster a couple of weeks ago, a month after a COVID infection.

The booster was from Pfizer and was bivalent. This is my fourth shot in total.
A month!? Wow, that's pretty close spacing. From the article, current advice is to wait six months between boosters and six months from the last infection to derive the most benefit.

I had COVID in September. If I follow the recommendation, I'll get my next one in March. Not sure what I should do...

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Are you guys getting your boosters as soon as you're eligible? Or, are you strategically timing them?

Hmm, I'm not sure I'm going to get any more boosters, considering that the current covid variants seem to produce mild to moderate illness. I've taken three full strength Moderna shots, but the last one was in Sept., 2021.

I tested positive for covid in late August, but I wasn't very sick at all. I have no idea where of how I could have contracted it. I Had a sore throat on a Monday and it did get worse on Tuesday and Wednesday. I also had a lot of fatigue. I did the covid test on Wednesday and it was positive. Because of my age, I had my doctor call in a Rx for Paxlovid, and started taking that on Wednesday evening. It did seem like Paxlovid arrested the progression of illness, or maybe I just wasn't going to get that sick. My temp never even got up to 98.6.

Now, my wife also got sick a few weeks later and tested positive, but we don't think she got it from me, because she should have gotten sick sooner if she got it from me. She got sicker than I did and she did not want to take Paxlovid. But she never had over a 100 degree fever. She got well in a couple weeks. She also has had two Moderna shots and one Moderna booster, but the booster was almost a year ago now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis