Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
And I still find choosing the entire population of immigrants a very odd number to choose for an example.

So based on this you think immigrants won't mix with non-immigrants, yet you're still worried they will spread it to non-immigrants?
some of your buddies headed to DC, hope they are wearing their masks !

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Well, testing rates have some bearing on the known numbers. I don't know how we compare with other jurisdictions in that regard. Nova Scotia Public Health is releasing much less COVID data now and many people are questioning this. It's one thing to relax restrictions and tell people to exercise their best judgment regarding personal risk and behaviour, but to not give sufficient information to base that judgement on doesn't make sense.
I saw an article the other day stating that an estimated 7 out of every 100 infections are being reported in the U.S. right now. The 7 of 100 estimate strikes me as a SWAG (Scientific Wild-*ssed Guess). Having said that, if the number of PCR-positive cases is high, it certainly seems like the total number of new cases must be quite high.

It's hard to say what's actually going on in the U.S. right now in terms of new cases.

At the globalepidemics.org website, entire states have been flipping from green to yellow or orange overnight, or back the other way.

1649716292389.png

An example is Florida, which had been completely green just a few days ago. I have to believe these wild swings are related to infrequent reporting, etc. I hate to say it, but the globalepidemics risk map seems to have limited value these days.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Masks may not be 100% effective, but that doesn't mean they don't work.

>>>‘The studies that did not find statistically significant effects prove only that masks cannot offer protection if they are not worn,’ concludes researcher Alex Siegenfeld<<<

Edit: After I posted this I realized that the study was actually fairly old.
I agree. A cloth mask - limited in effectiveness as it may be - can make the difference in transmitting or not transmitting the virus in any particular circumstance.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
some of your buddies headed to DC, hope they are wearing their masks !

So because I argued against highfigh's logic (or lack thereof) that makes immigrants my "buddies" now? Looks like you too missed the point of my posts.

But, hey, if Texas wants to spend their money giving immigrants a free ride to somewhere else more power to them.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
But, hey, if Texas wants to spend their money giving immigrants a free ride to somewhere else more power to them.
I can think of a few Texas politicians in DC for whom I'd gladly buy a one-way Greyhound ticket back to Texas.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I can think of a few Texas politicians in DC for whom I'd gladly buy a one-way Greyhound ticket back to Texas.
We might chip in for a general seat on an airline, so they'd be out of there faster.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Can say the say same thing the other way my friend. Austin used to be a great place to visit and live. Have some politicians over there I'd LOVE to send somewhere else that city is just a straight up sh$t hole

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man this is fed up these lockdowns in China are completely insane. Some of the crap they are doing makes absolutely no sense.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
No posts in a week? You'd think the pandemic was over.

Well, it ain't. In my little 8-cubicle section of Dilbert-ville, five people have contracted COVID since December. The latest was this morning when the guy in the cubicle next to mine scored a positive in a rapid test. He left for home shortly thereafter.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

Well, it ain't. In my little 8-cubicle section of Dilbert-ville, five people have contracted COVID since December. The latest was this morning when the guy in the cubicle next to mine scored a positive in a rapid test. He left for home shortly thereafter.
Of course, the pandemic isn't over. But, for the moment, there is little new to say about it on the scientific or medical front.

I'm sorry to hear that it's hitting close to home for you. Considering this virus's behavior over the last two years, I can understand how frightening that can be.

The latest Omicron BA.2 sub-variant is a bit more infectious than the previous dominant Omicron version, but so far it seems to share it's trait of causing fewer hospitalizations and death to immunized people as well as some younger non-immunized people who are otherwise healthy. Predictions about this virus have often been far off the mark, so let's remember that, and keep our fingers crossed.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
An example is Florida,
Got to remember our Gov doesn't report cases accurately, its a dart game on what is really going on in my state as far as covid. Sure there are some "new cases of Covid of BA.2 as of April 12, 2022 According to the Altamonte Springs data city officials released, omicron was found in all wastewater samples tested. BA.2 was detected in about 70% of the test so someone somewhere has it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Of course, the pandemic isn't over. But, for the moment, there is little new to say about it on the scientific or medical front.

I'm sorry to hear that it's hitting close to home for you. Considering this virus's behavior over the last two years, I can understand how frightening that can be.

The latest Omicron BA.2 sub-variant is a bit more infectious than the previous dominant Omicron version, but so far it seems to share it's trait of causing fewer hospitalizations and death to immunized people as well as some younger non-immunized people who are otherwise healthy. Predictions about this virus have often been far off the mark, so let's remember that, and keep our fingers crossed.
The first three cases were pretty mild and they recovered fairly quickly. The fourth person has been off for about ten days and is still feeling pretty rough. I guess we'll see how number five goes over the next few days. I'm 57, but in very good health, so I'm not really worried about myself. I'm more concerned about passing it to my in-laws.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
My mother tested positive. Two home test positive. She told me the clinic sent her some meds. Any idea what they are/do, and what time frame before it passes?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
My mother tested positive. Two home test positive. She told me the clinic sent her some meds. Any idea what they are/do, and what time frame before it passes?
I would think the clinic has your mothers medical records on file and might have prescribed her something that is inline with her medical history. Hard to say, ask her. ... about 14 days depending on her health before she got covid, but severe cases can last months

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General

Yeah, I am not sure where we are now regarding Covid, but there seems to be a big push to, “return to normal.”
I will wait….

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis