M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This website may be of interest to those trying to get a jab.

I have not extensively researched it, but it appears to be legit. Also, I'll admit I didn't read their terms and conditions before I signed up.

>>>The standby list for COVID vaccines
Have you been unable to get a vaccination appointment? Dr. B can connect you with local providers with extra doses using a standby system.

Sometimes, patients have to cancel their vaccination appointments, leaving unused doses at the end of the day. You can sign up to receive text message notifications when they become available near you.<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I also didn't see much new information today.

There are increasing warnings of another surge coming. Some states, including Minnesota, Michigan, New York, and Maryland have had recent increases in Covid-19 cases.

No word from those European nations investigating a possible link between rare cases of blood clotting and the AZ vaccine.

But I did notice this. There are scattered reports of people with long-haul COVID-19 whose symptoms disappeared after vaccination. No one understands why some people experienced these so-called long-haul corona virus infections, and no one understands what changes vaccination brought on.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I haven't had any recurring symptoms recently, but they have come and gone. Usually it's the "flapping bird in my chest" feeling, which is where it all began back in July. Every so often I would get really short of breath in the afternoons. It's like COVID just doesn't want you forget you had it.

The good news is, I'm supposed to get my first shot Friday afternoon through work. Work being work, I'm still certain they'll find a way to jam up the system even though I reserved my spot.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't had any recurring symptoms recently, but they have come and gone. Usually it's the "flapping bird in my chest" feeling, which is where it all began back in July. Every so often I would get really short of breath in the afternoons. It's like COVID just doesn't want you forget you had it.

The good news is, I'm supposed to get my first shot Friday afternoon through work. Work being work, I'm still certain they'll find a way to jam up the system even though I reserved my spot.
If you don't mind my asking, does physical exertion trigger the symptoms? Anecdotally, I've heard that some people who have recovered with no symptoms to speak of will experience fatigue, etc. if they try to exercise.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I've read a few articles suggesting a link between COVID and chronic fatigue syndrome but it seems like mostly speculation at this point.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
If you don't mind my asking, does physical exertion trigger the symptoms? Anecdotally, I've heard that some people who have recovered with no symptoms to speak of will experience fatigue, etc. if they try to exercise.
No, it would just hit out of nowhere. A few days I would struggle with a particular symptom, then it would vanish.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Well I got my second covid shot this morning at 9:13, so far so good.

Update: 11;25 3/18. No issue at all , not even any soreness, SO FAR !

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

I'm not sure if you saw this, but there are reports that some people with lingering symptoms feel better after getting the jabs:

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
"Long Covid" is becoming a bigger and bigger issue in which there is a paucity, but increasing amount of data about. There is no doubt that some patients after infection, can have pulmonary, neurological, cardiac and renal damage.

There is a paper today on JAMA about this from Paris, and an accompanying editorial. This certainly makes for sobering reading to say the least.

The UK is doing a blinded study. About 7 to 8 years ago, the UK started their genetic database study. They have around 500,000 individuals who have agreed to have detailed genetic analysis and be followed over time. This is the UK Biobank They have taken this group and done CT scans of lung, head and heart. They now have 1500 of these individuals who have had Covid-19. They are now repeating the studies on these individuals and will have before and after scans. This should provide a lot of information.

As far as people recovering after vaccination, if true that would be very interesting. There is a theory, that this problem is the result of ongoing viral infection. This is certainly a minority view. However there was a PM series from Germany where live virus was cultured from myocardial cells. So if vaccination is improving chronic covid symptome, it seems to me that would give credence to the chronic viral infection theory.

I'm still afraid there is more we don't know, than do know about this virus. We certainly have not seen its like before.

Meanwhile the EU may upset the UK and US vaccination program. After holding up the AstraZeneca vaccine and bad mouthing it. They now want it, despite having stocks of unused vaccine. The EU president, Ursula fond of Lying is calling a meeting of the European Council next week. She wants to invoke article 122 of the EU constitution, in an attempt to ban all vaccine exports and any ingredients for same from the EU. In addition they are threatening sanctions against the UK unless they make up the AstraZeneca vaccine shortfall from UK production. This ban on ingredients could have a severe negative impact on UK and US vaccine production and derail both our programs. Remember Italy has already diverted Australian vaccine the Australians have paid for. So they already have form on this. There are also racial undertones, as they are refusing to accept production from the Serum Institute of India, despite the UK giving vaccine produced at that plant their seal of approval.

This whole affair could get very nasty, and certainly affect UK vaccine distribution, and possibly also derail US distribution.

As I have pointed out before, this crisis the EU are confronting is of their own making, and they are now resorting to telling "porkies" about their vaccine acquisition dates pertaining to timing and pricing. This really is something we could all do without in this ongoing crisis.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

My wife and I travelled to Bemidji and back today, for our second doses of the Modern vaccine. So far so good. It was a round trip of 482 miles. We left at 7:00 AM and got home at 5:15 PM.

We had a little excitement on the way home. As we left the gas station in Bemidji, we could see intense black smoke south of the city.

As we made our way South on Minnesota State highway 71, we were getting closer. Five miles south of town there was a huge blaze at Mike's Auto Salvage in Hubbard County, south of the Hubbard/Beltrami county line.. There was one fire engine there, from Lakeport Township out of Laporte, but was already running out of water. There are no fire hydrants in these rural areas. We passed numerous police, highway patrol fire engines and water tankers. South of Nary, the highway patrol were closing the road. A highway patrol vehicle passed us in the oncoming lane at I would judge well over 100 MPH. I'm sure to close the road north of the fire.

Unfortunately I learned that one civilian suffered severe burns to his arms and torso and one firefighter was also injured. The Fire services of Bemidji, Lakeport, Lake George, Walker and Cass county became involved. The fire was still intense and not under control six hours later.

I think we just got past the establishment of the road closure with only a minute or two to spare.

This was the scene we passed.

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
"Long Covid" is becoming a bigger and bigger issue in which there is a paucity, but increasing amount of data about. There is no doubt that some patients after infection, can have pulmonary, neurological, cardiac and renal damage.

There is a paper today on JAMA about this from Paris, and an accompanying editorial. This certainly makes for sobering reading to say the least.

The UK is doing a blinded study. About 7 to 8 years ago, the UK started their genetic database study. They have around 500,000 individuals who have agreed to have detailed genetic analysis and be followed over time. This is the UK Biobank They have taken this group and done CT scans of lung, head and heart. They now have 1500 of these individuals who have had Covid-19. They are now repeating the studies on these individuals and will have before and after scans. This should provide a lot of information.

As far as people recovering after vaccination, if true that would be very interesting. There is a theory, that this problem is the result of ongoing viral infection. This is certainly a minority view. However there was a PM series from Germany where live virus was cultured from myocardial cells. So if vaccination is improving chronic covid symptome, it seems to me that would give credence to the chronic viral infection theory.

I'm still afraid there is more we don't know, than do know about this virus. We certainly have not seen its like before.

Meanwhile the EU may upset the UK and US vaccination program. After holding up the AstraZeneca vaccine and bad mouthing it. They now want it, despite having stocks of unused vaccine. The EU president, Ursula fond of Lying is calling a meeting of the European Council next week. She wants to invoke article 122 of the EU constitution, in an attempt to ban all vaccine exports and any ingredients for same from the EU. In addition they are threatening sanctions against the UK unless they make up the AstraZeneca vaccine shortfall from UK production. This ban on ingredients could have a severe negative impact on UK and US vaccine production and derail both our programs. Remember Italy has already diverted Australian vaccine the Australians have paid for. So they already have form on this. There are also racial undertones, as they are refusing to accept production from the Serum Institute of India, despite the UK giving vaccine produced at that plant their seal of approval.

This whole affair could get very nasty, and certainly affect UK vaccine distribution, and possibly also derail US distribution.

As I have pointed out before, this crisis the EU are confronting is of their own making, and they are now resorting to telling "porkies" about their vaccine acquisition dates pertaining to timing and pricing. This really is something we could all do without in this ongoing crisis.
Well as of this week the AstraZeneca vaccine is still undergoing phase-three clinical trials and has therefore not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and if approved might be offered in April..

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Got my Pfizer 1st shot 2 days ago, 2nd one scheduled in early April. Hopefully, there's some light at the end of that tunnel.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Serum Institute of India is reporting problems keeping up with production, because the US is restricting export of ingredients and production equipment. And, the US is sitting on 30 million doses of AZ vaccine - even though it hasn't been approved there. So, there is plenty of vaccine nationalism to go around.
WHO calls for end to vaccine export bans as scramble slows supply (irishtimes.com)

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
There are also racial undertones, as they are refusing to accept production from the Serum Institute of India, despite the UK giving vaccine produced at that plant their seal of approval.
That is a good one Your Lordship. The UK left the EU so the UK's 'seal of approval' does not mean that the EU should accept it by default.

The AstraZeneca vaccine has not yet received the 'seal of approval' in the US so are you indirectly
implying any racial undertone in the US ?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

That is a good one Your Lordship. The UK left the EU so the UK's 'seal of approval' does not mean that the EU should accept it by default.

The AstraZeneca vaccine has not yet received the 'seal of approval' in the US so are you indirectly
implying any racial undertone in the US ?
No, just the EU. The AstraZeneca vaccine had its phase three trial delayed for three months, over that transverse myelitis issue that was determined non vaccine related.
So the FDA should have the phase III data early next month, and hopefully the US stockpile produced at risk can roll out.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Serum Institute of India is reporting problems keeping up with production, because the US is restricting export of ingredients and production equipment. And, the US is sitting on 30 million doses of AZ vaccine - even though it hasn't been approved there. So, there is plenty of vaccine nationalism to go around.
WHO calls for end to vaccine export bans as scramble slows supply (irishtimes.com)
I agree these artificial barriers will cause delays and problems. However the fall out from this will mean that countries will all have to be much more dependent on then own manufacturing bases for everything, and that includes electronics. I anticipate a huge roll back in world trade after this.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Better news on this front:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis