confederate symbols

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
US fascism is a real threat but the usual suspects are silent or deflecting on this forum: Joint Chiefs chairman feared potential ‘Reichstag moment’ aimed at keeping Trump in power

>>>
In the waning weeks of Donald Trump’s term, the country’s top military leader repeatedly worried about what the president might do to maintain power after losing reelection, comparing his rhetoric to Adolf Hitler’s during the rise of Nazi Germany and asking confidants whether a coup was forthcoming, according to a new book by two Washington Post reporters.

As Trump ceaselessly pushed false claims about the 2020 presidential election, Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, grew more and more nervous, telling aides he feared that the president and his acolytes might attempt to use the military to stay in office, Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker report in “I Alone Can Fix It: Donald J. Trump’s Catastrophic Final Year.”
Milley described “a stomach-churning” feeling as he listened to Trump’s untrue complaints of election fraud, drawing a comparison to the 1933 attack on Germany’s parliament building that Hitler used as a pretext to establish a Nazi dictatorship.

“This is a Reichstag moment,” Milley told aides, according to the book. “The gospel of the Führer.”
A spokesman for Milley declined to comment.
<<<
Trump has his own Horst Wessel, too.
Ashli Babbitt as the 21st-century Horst Wessel: Symbolic martyr to the fascist cause | Salon.com

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
A false equivalence.: It's the current GOP that is extreme and dangerous to US democracy and freedom.
nothing false about it, the left will always see their way as the right will see theirs. As an American , don't believe you are, threats to freedom/democracy come in all sizes and shapes !

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
nothing false about it, the left will always see their way as the right will see theirs. As an American , don't believe you are, threats to freedom/democracy come in all sizes and shapes !
Nothing bigger in terms of a threat to freedom/democratic republic than drumph and the current sycophantic republicans what with the conspiracies, fascism and racism. I'm totally disgusted as a US citizen (for generations) by these f*ckers trying to drag us backwards.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
that's a stretch IMO

that is a concern, but I hope more of them will fall by the wayside........

My fingers are crossed for more moderate thinking , from BOTH sides of the fence !
Asking the Dems to move on when the Repubs haven't really moved on from Trump is weird thinking. They've done everything to smooth over relations with Trump's base. "Gym" Jordan, Stefanek etc have all been chosen politically to head the committee.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Asking the Dems to move on when the Repubs haven't really moved on from Trump is weird thinking. They've done everything to smooth over relations with Trump's base. "Gym" Jordan, Stefanek etc have all been chosen politically to head the committee.
Current GOP is a far right white grievance party going down the authoritarian path with a fascist leading them, like some other parties in Eastern/Central Europe. So GOP is a threat to US democracy whence a threat to all of the worlds democracies.

US democracy is far more fragile than some people think.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Current GOP is a far right white grievance party going down the authoritarian path with a fascist leading them, like some other parties in Eastern/Central Europe. So GOP is a threat to US democracy whence a threat to all of the worlds democracies.

US democracy is far more fragile than some people think.
I think the right have lost sight of what they're even about. The ends justify the means.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think the right have lost sight of what they're even about. The ends justify the means.
Outside of current GOP there are many on the "right" who abhors Trump, and many inside the GOP as well. Whether or not this is enough to give a new center-right a viable remains to be seen. Perhaps a new failed coup-attempt will rectify that.

In the last German free and fair federal elections in November 1932 Hitler did get 33% of the vote and his rise to power was ensured. Looking at what Hitler did after to cement his power should be instructive, including the March 1933 German federal election. Heaven save us all if Trump where anywhere near as intelligent, dedicated and driven as Hitler.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Outside of current GOP there are many on the "right" who abhors Trump, and many inside the GOP as well. Whether or not this is enough to give a new center-right a viable remains to be seen. Perhaps a new failed coup-attempt will rectify that.

In the last German free and fair federal elections in November 1932 Hitler did get 33% of the vote and his rise to power was ensured. Looking at what Hitler did after to cement his power should be instructive, including the March 1933 German federal election. Heaven save us all if Trump where anywhere near as intelligent, dedicated and driven as Hitler.
But look at what he promised- WWI broke Germany and people were angry, so he seized the opportunity to rise to power by cementing the populace with common goals and a common enemy.

Never underestimate a politician's ability to find what people want and hate- it will win the election every time.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
But look at what he promised- WWI broke Germany and people were angry, so he seized the opportunity to rise to power by cementing the populace with common goals and a common enemy.
Really? Or perhaps the Depression along with draconian financial austerity had something to do with it?

Never underestimate a politician's ability to find what people want and hate- it will win the election every time.
Ah yes, both-does-it type of argument.

highfigh

highfigh

Really? Or perhaps the Depression along with draconian financial austerity had something to do with it?

Ah yes, both-does-it type of argument.
But WWI ended more than ten years before the Depression- the German economy was in shambles because they spent so much on the war and because they were required to pay reparations. The link below says it took 92 years to pay it off-

I'm not picking on a political party, that was aimed at politicians, in general.

highfigh

highfigh

A Lewis and Clark statue featuring Sacagawea (also spelled Sacajawea), a famous Native American woman, was taken down in Charlottesville, Virginia, making it the third statue to be taken down in the city.

It offended someone. This is nothing more than erasing history. The statue was put up in 1919.
Probably because they had at least one Black person on the expedition who, apparently, carried a gun. I don't think I would say he was there involuntarily because it may have been a totally different story and there wouldn't be any mention of Lewis & Clark, aside from reading about someone finding their bodies. Or, not.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Probably because they had at least one Black person on the expedition who, apparently, carried a gun. I don't think I would say he was there involuntarily because it may have been a totally different story and there wouldn't be any mention of Lewis & Clark, aside from reading about someone finding their bodies. Or, not.
I guess it offended the Lemhi itribes

No mention of Sacagawea or Sacajawea in your link, or native for that matter.
Sacagawea was a Lemhi Shoshone woman who, at age 16, helped the Lewis and Clark Expedition in achieving their chartered mission objectives by exploring the Louisiana Territory.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Sacagawea was a Lemhi Shoshone woman who, at age 16, helped the Lewis and Clark Expedition in achieving their chartered mission objectives by exploring the Louisiana Territory.
Why don't you link to a credible source detailing what you claimed about the removal of her statue? Your naming of the link is misleading as it only mention the removal of two statues of Confederate generals, not three.

highfigh

highfigh

I guess it offended the Lemhi itribes

She was there willingly- it wasn't a case of her being taken from them.

By being with the group, she could work as an interpreter and they knew the native people they encountered wouldn't attack because she was a woman.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
She was there willingly- it wasn't a case of her being taken from them.

By being with the group, she could work as an interpreter and they knew the native people they encountered wouldn't attack because she was a woman.
And that's the real history.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis