confederate symbols

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Like Shapiro, the only real pretzel logic I can come to with Matt Walsh is a) he needs to be a contrarian because he has a book to sell, or (b) back in the day southern slave owners were Democrats, but today we defend confederate monuments because we don't want to ruffle the feathers of what is largely red voting states. Note I do defend state rights even if it's stoopid, but people like Shapiro and Walsh *go there* and it makes them like stoopid and they don't care.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think it's about creating grievance and owning the libs. That's the playbook. The feds don't have jurisdiction over states on this matter, but they're saying hey we're not having those statues in federal buildings. Vote Republican by all means, but don't attend a Gautz/Shapiro/Walsh book signing please.:rolleyes:

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
the democrats want to erase their racist history, plain and simple.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL erase history by removing some offensive/traitorious folks' statues. That's rich.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The argument ends when asked if they'd like confederate statues up in their own locale.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
well here's a different twist ..................

If people want stupid by all means. However, I don't think this or any other example has much to do with they're erasing our history.

Actually there is the issue of devaluing of neighborhood property in some areas.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
If people want stupid by all means. However, I don't think this or any other example has much to do with they're erasing our history.

Actually there is the issue of devaluing of neighborhood property in some areas.
while I hear 'ya and can't argue the neighborhood thing it is classic NY 'commie' mentality with respect to constitutional rights.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
while I hear 'ya and can't argue the neighborhood thing it is classic NY 'commie' mentality with respect to constitutional rights.
US fascism is a real threat but the usual suspects are silent or deflecting on this forum: Joint Chiefs chairman feared potential ‘Reichstag moment’ aimed at keeping Trump in power

>>>
In the waning weeks of Donald Trump’s term, the country’s top military leader repeatedly worried about what the president might do to maintain power after losing reelection, comparing his rhetoric to Adolf Hitler’s during the rise of Nazi Germany and asking confidants whether a coup was forthcoming, according to a new book by two Washington Post reporters.

As Trump ceaselessly pushed false claims about the 2020 presidential election, Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, grew more and more nervous, telling aides he feared that the president and his acolytes might attempt to use the military to stay in office, Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker report in “I Alone Can Fix It: Donald J. Trump’s Catastrophic Final Year.”
Milley described “a stomach-churning” feeling as he listened to Trump’s untrue complaints of election fraud, drawing a comparison to the 1933 attack on Germany’s parliament building that Hitler used as a pretext to establish a Nazi dictatorship.

“This is a Reichstag moment,” Milley told aides, according to the book. “The gospel of the Führer.”
A spokesman for Milley declined to comment.
<<<

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
US fascism is a real threat but the usual suspects are silent or deflecting on this forum: Joint Chiefs chairman feared potential ‘Reichstag moment’ aimed at keeping Trump in power

>>>
In the waning weeks of Donald Trump’s term, the country’s top military leader repeatedly worried about what the president might do to maintain power after losing reelection, comparing his rhetoric to Adolf Hitler’s during the rise of Nazi Germany and asking confidants whether a coup was forthcoming, according to a new book by two Washington Post reporters.

As Trump ceaselessly pushed false claims about the 2020 presidential election, Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, grew more and more nervous, telling aides he feared that the president and his acolytes might attempt to use the military to stay in office, Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker report in “I Alone Can Fix It: Donald J. Trump’s Catastrophic Final Year.”
Milley described “a stomach-churning” feeling as he listened to Trump’s untrue complaints of election fraud, drawing a comparison to the 1933 attack on Germany’s parliament building that Hitler used as a pretext to establish a Nazi dictatorship.

“This is a Reichstag moment,” Milley told aides, according to the book. “The gospel of the Führer.”
A spokesman for Milley declined to comment.
<<<
This assumes that enough members of the military, especially at the top, would go along with it. I don't think it would have succeeded.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This assumes that enough members of the military, especially at the top, would go along with it. I don't think it would have succeeded.
The chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, reportedly, repeatedly worried aloud about what Trump and hos acolytes would attempt to do, and that such a person worrying about this is exceptional. And the quote below is amazing:

>>>
<<<

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Trumpy has been gone 7 months now, time to start being concerned with road ahead...........

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trumpy has been gone 7 months now, time to start being concerned with road ahead...........
Except that he is still in total control of GOP and his acolytes are following his lead, which is more that worrying as so many of them are members of Congress or in state legislature.

Otherwise this makes me think of what a rapist would say to the victim to avoid accountability.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, reportedly, repeatedly worried aloud about what Trump and hos acolytes would attempt to do, and that such a person worrying about this is exceptional. And the quote below is amazing:

>>>
<<<
I saw that, but I wonder how many in the rank & file he really knows well enough to make these claims. Ignoring illegal orders is not an offense that should result in court-martial, although the article I found refers to international law, not Constitutional law. They mentioned the Nuremberg Defense, which was denied when the Nazis said they were only following orders. I would hope that people in the military would decline to go along with a coup.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Except that he is still in total control of GOP
that's a stretch IMO

and his acolytes are following his lead,
that is a concern, but I hope more of them will fall by the wayside........

My fingers are crossed for more moderate thinking , from BOTH sides of the fence !

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
that's a stretch IMO
Would "near total control" be more suitable to your thinking?

that is a concern, but I hope more of them will fall by the wayside........
One could hope but this isn't how it's going towards the mid term elections, along with the state GOP changing election laws to keep themselves in power.

My fingers are crossed for more moderate thinking , from BOTH sides of the fence !
A false equivalence.: It's the current GOP that is extreme and dangerous to US democracy and freedom.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis