Class D power amplifiers

Are class D amps finally ready for prime time for audioholics, even audiophiles, if not why not?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Yes, but probably not audiophiles

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • May be, it depends..

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No, they are not ready for prime time because..

• Yes, but only those with good specs confirmed by bench tests

• Total voters
D

DJ7675

Audioholic
Although the M28 replace it, the M27 which used the NC400 module instead of the Purifi Module, is also an excellent option in the used market... usually it can be had for around $2500 and you get 7 channels of NC400.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Although the M28 replace it, the M27 which used the NC400 module instead of the Purifi Module, is also an excellent option in the used market... usually it can be had for around $2500 and you get 7 channels of NC400.
If one can get it for $2,500 and still comes with factory warranty then I think it could be the best value for a 7 channel amp based on $ per quality watt.

D

DJ7675

Audioholic
If one can get it for $2,500 and still comes with factory warranty then I think it could be the best value for a 7 channel amp based on $ per quality watt.
I doubt there are any left that are new with warranty any more. On these kinds of things warranty should always be a consideration for sure. Or if you for some reason need crazy amount of power, you can bridge the M27 and get over 600w 8ohm and over 1000w of instantaneous power for peaks (requires a special cable).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis