T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
It's (ARC/HDMI-CEC) more than just the port you plug it into, but what settings you've enabled in the avr and the other units.

I think you'd need to explain your switching thing more....not sure what you're experiencing there.

I still can't imagine the coax cable type makes a difference. Also curious what menus the Sound United tech guy had you check that are not in the manual....you sure it was an actual tech or just someone in customer service?

ps since you've done a full reset not much you can do beyond that to fix issues, it is possible you have a defective unit....
I’ll double check ARC settings but I’ve never turned it on and my TV isn’t ARC capable.

It could have been customer service or a tech but I emailed them and they called me back. To be honest I don’t recall everything we did, I tried paying close attention at first but soon realized it’s probably best I don’t monkey around without actually knowing what I’m doing. I can tell you the settings were accessed via the unit holding down several buttons and you couldn’t do it with the remote. It also appeared the menus were even less user friendly than the on screen settings hence the reason I decided not to try to figure out how to do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’ll double check ARC settings but I’ve never turned it on and my TV isn’t ARC capable.

It could have been customer service or a tech but I emailed them and they called me back. To be honest I don’t recall everything we did, I tried paying close attention at first but soon realized it’s probably best I don’t monkey around without actually knowing what I’m doing. I can tell you the settings were accessed via the unit holding down several buttons and you couldn’t do it with the remote. It also appeared the menus were even less user friendly than the on screen settings hence the reason I decided not to try to figure out how to do it myself.

Sounds like you got an actual tech, don't think the usual customer service agent gets to play in the service menus. I've not accessed a service menu in any of my avrs, thought there might be one (I know how to access such on my plasma tv, but I just check hours and don't screw around in there....you can brick your unit if you do the wrong thing).

HDMI-CEC isn't just about ARC, so still good to check your settings (probably under setup - video - hdmi setup - hdmi control).

ps Source units can have hdmi-cec, too....

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for that response. My first set up was quick and dirty but did include a master reset in the unit wouldn’t do anything until I performed a firmware update. My second set up a couple days later I use the set up wizard and then went back and verified everything referencing the manual but I don’t remember exactly which. After that I contacted DM and their tech-support walked me through it which included going through menus that don’t exist in the owners manual.

BTW, which O2 sensor, before or after the cat? We generally do a visual inspection first, here in Colorado we see a lot of rodent damage to wires. Speaking of which we recently had a customer complaining that his cruise control and remote start wasn’t working, diagnosed the problem as rodent damage to a wiring harness on a brake light. Damn hippies wanted to be environmentally conscious and now almost all automotive wiring has a soy based insulator, rabbits and mice love soy!

I don't know if it was the hippies, but CARB and the EPA are making a nice cluster flop with Ethanol and before that, MTBE. I don't know how long you have been servicing vehicles or driving, but do you remember how fast MTBE was removed from gas? They found it in the groundwater near Lake Tahoe and that was the reason I read.

I like the control that fuel injection offers and ease of adjusting the program (with the right equipment). I like carburetors to a point, but prefer injection.

I haven't worked on much of the new engines with Cat and O2 sensors to know about all of them but the first ones I saw had the O2 before the converter. Some actually have pre and post cat and the sensors are stupidly expensive.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
You mean when governor moron gave his buddy the contract for MTBE without doing any studies? I happen to live in California at the time. That stuff caused more mutations than agent orange!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis