Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic General
I’m looking at the Genesis GV70 3.5T with the sport package. Does anyone own a GV70? If so, what’s been your experience?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If it ain't Jap, it's crap!

That saying use to crack me up. :) I remember about 10 years ago hearing the US surpassed Europe but that Asia increased its lead over us. I wasnt sure if that was sales or reliability? Anyway, I'd probably add electronics to the list too.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, currently of the top 10 for reliability, none are American. They are all Japanese or German and one surprising British one: Mini. Those cars were terrible at first, but seems they've fixed their quality issues.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Spam Bot. Check
Pretty sure. I’ve noticed a lot of weird posts lately that seem to either one line, or sound like a sales pitch etc. when I check the poster they’re always like 22yo. lol.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
an '85 and they were till using carburetors ?? Wow, I would have thought Ford had at least switched to throttle body FI by then ?
It's Ford. It fits. :p

That was a seriously terrible carb. It would take some time to warm up and idle normally. Really cold weather I'd just put the foot on the gas for a while. Nickel & dimed to death. The '77 Impala was a little better but not that much better. Eventually the tranny went out.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think the Ford had a 351 Windsor. I can't remember but wanna say there was a Windsor and a Cleveland engine.

Still the best starter I ever had was the Ramcharger. My cousin says it's all in the battery and not the company making the car. Maybe someone here can post what they think. I never had to plug that thing in during the winter. Went off immediately.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I had a '56 Ford Customline similar to this one. All steel dash and no seat belts. The thing was a death trap but fun to drive. :D
My dad bought a couple of Crown Vics in the early-'60s. Nice cars, lots of body roll, though. He also had a '56 T-Bird which also handled poorly. OTOH, replacement parts weren't very available by that point, so the shocks were old.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
My dad bought a couple of Crown Vics in the early-'60s. Nice cars, lots of body roll, though. He also had a '56 T-Bird which also handled poorly. OTOH, replacement parts weren't very available by that point, so the shocks were old.
Yes, cornering was not the greatest but the big bench seats were comfy. :) I was surprised at the availability of parts in the 80's. I was still finding new old stock for a lot of items but I did have a friend who worked in auto parts supply and had access to inventory in other provinces. I also found a complete set of trim at a local wrecker.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes, cornering was not the greatest but the big bench seats were comfy. :) I was surprised at the availability of parts in the 80's. I was still finding new old stock for a lot of items but I did have a friend who worked in auto parts supply and had access to inventory in other provinces. I also found a complete set of trim at a local wrecker.
Nice! My dad's T-Bird had quite a bit of rust when he bought it and he ordered the right front fender and it was steel, the left was fiberglass and the mold was larger by the thickness of the fiberglass- they both came from Ford. The T-Bird clubs and parts suppliers came along later, but I can still say it was the first car I drove.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis