Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I agree on the Macan, drove it and enjoyed it but in the end it was too small for my DD duties and settled on the BMW X5

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I agree on the Macan, drove it and enjoyed it but in the end it was too small for my DD duties and settled on the BMW X5
Does the x5 have a functional 3rd row?

Trying to figure out what to get if my Durango ever decides to crap out on me. Want something "sporty" that doesn't feel like a truck to drive, but can haul me, the wife, 3 kids and 2 big dogs. Slim pickings from what I can tell.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
no, that would be the X7. For me the X5 is the perfect size, the most enjoyable DD I've ever owned.

Trying to figure out what to get if my Durango ever decides to crap out on me. Want something "sporty" that doesn't feel like a truck to drive, but can haul me, the wife, 3 kids and 2 big dogs. Slim pickings from what I can tell.
I hear ya, since my 'little guy' is now 42 I'm only dealing with the two of us and my gun crap when I shoot. FWIW I bought my X5 when it was 3 years old, CPO'd, with 35k miles. Knock on wood it's been flawless for the 2 plus years I've owned it. Only maint. has been 2 oil changes

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja

Jeep Wagoneer, Kia Telluride, Hyundai Palisade, Genesis GV80, Volvo XC90, or Mazda CX-9? :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
if i was buying a 3 row today and wanted luxury, value all wrapped up in one this one would be high on my list .....

I had it's Chevy cousin for a company vehicle before retirement, it was flawless and great in winter !

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Jeep Wagoneer, Kia Telluride, Hyundai Palisade, Genesis GV80, Volvo XC90, or Mazda CX-9? :)
I drove a CX-9 and it seemed way smaller than my Durango. It drove nice, but I don't know if I'd get one.

My mother in law had a XC90 that was pretty sweet, but that price tag. Granted, that's true with most, if not all of these models.

I do like the Wagoneer too, but that almost $100K price tag hurts.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I hear ya William, I'm old school, love N/A and big cubic inches !

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, displacement still can't compete with 100% torque at 0 rpm. The Plaid has been unseated too :) DAMN that Chiron sounds beautiful, but it still lost in the 1/4. Top speed run, it would have won I think though.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe my favorite corvette design. '63 split window. Expensive.
1679140004430.png

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm waiting for an allotment of the 23 Supra in Stratosphere Blue.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Never had a problem with the 70-80s stingray design. It might not quite be from the classic period, but it's a lot less in price. I've seen them go for 18-20K on Mecum. I imagine one could get a good price from a private seller.
1679148990203.png

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Never had a problem with the 70-80s stingray design. It might not quite be from the classic period, but it's a lot less in price. I've seen them go for 18-20K on Mecum. I imagine one could get a good price from a private seller.
View attachment 60959
the C3 is the longest running Corvette model ('68 - '82) and while the pinnacle of performance was reached early on, the 70's into the 80's proved to be quite void of such. That is part of the reason for the pricing.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
the C3 is the longest running Corvette model ('68 - '82) and while the pinnacle of performance was reached early on, the 70's into the 80's proved to be quite void of such. That is part of the reason for the pricing.
Smaller engines?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
much less performance(HP) per cubic inch. Federal mandates put the lid on performance until later in the eighties
Have to say I'm not much of a HP person. I'm not racing them. I get it for resale but doesn't really serve me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis