William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
actually Ford back in the day (Navistar diesel) made a 7.3 non-turbo
It wasn’t ford, but international. One of my trucks has a dt466(navistar/international).
7.6l turbo diesel. Ford benefited from navistar just like dodge benefited from Cummins.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Also my point was to dude that turbos shouldn’t be worrisome. They’re great power adders and not that expensive to add in custom builds. I prefer pro chargers but turbos can be awesome.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Also my point was to dude that turbos shouldn’t be worrisome. They’re great power adders and not that expensive to add in custom builds. I prefer pro chargers but turbos can be awesome.
Ah guess I was thinking back on some older turbo cars.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
while I agree, when Ford went away from International 2002-2003 they had a myriad of turbo issues with the 'own' engines. it took them years to make a 'trouble free' diesel.

As for Dodge and Cummins, finally a decent automatic transmission to go along with a superb rest of the drivetrain. With regards to GM, Duramax and Allison, best automatic in the biz. My 2002 Chevy with that combo was flawless for 100k miles that I owned it. I will admit that oil filter change could have been easier !

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
View attachment 61107

Remember these? 5.9L turbodiesel cummins. 1990s Dodge 6-wheel. Can't really speak for performance. Turbo concerns me.
Got one in my driveway. Not that old, but it still has a 5.9l cummins.

Would love to throw money at the motor, but the rest of my truck needs attention. I can make enough power now to explode my transmission, but I have a handy knob that lets me turn it down to a more drivetrain friendly level. Once that transmission is re-built, then the fun can begin.

Matt34

Matt34

My work truck is a 2022 Ram 5500 with the Aisin auto and 6.7 Cummins, I much prefer it to the Ford 550 it replaced. Torque comes in almost instant and it rides nicer than the ford unloaded. The ford transmission would get 230+ degrees up inclines hauling a load, the hottest I have gotten the ram is 210F but it usually between 170-190F.

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Got one in my driveway. Not that old, but it still has a 5.9l cummins.

Would love to throw money at the motor, but the rest of my truck needs attention. I can make enough power now to explode my transmission, but I have a handy knob that lets me turn it down to a more drivetrain friendly level. Once that transmission is re-built, then the fun can begin.
How does it drive on the highway?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I know I'm gonna have to get a kit at some point to pull out my wheel bearing on the car. Seemed like the kits offered for less on ebay were not complete. This one is currently $20 off. Seems a lot easier than trying to drill the thing out. Any thoughts?

*Although it says flange-type rear axles and FWD hubs. I have disc brakes on the front and hubs the rear. Might not work.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
How does it drive on the highway?
Drives great, but the suspension is nowhere near stock.

I do need to upgrade to the newer steering linkage that should clear up some of the issues I have with my current steering, but it's bone stock so it's been on my list to replace for a while.

The next thing I have to do is get a new AC compressor. The garbage shop I was using can't get it right so I'm using a new one. I'll be sourcing the compressor myself this time.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think it was the last Mecum auction. '72 Dodge Dart but someone stuffed in there a 500ci engine LOL. I'm not sure if that's even possible? Anyway think its biggest was the 318 V-8.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I thought Pontiac killed it with the Firebird. Probably more compact than some of the others but I believe that's a 400ci. 1967-68 or so. No 350ci.
1681569982432.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Man can't go wrong with the '57 Bel Air. A boat load of those at the local car show.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Not a huge convertible person but do like the '63 Thunderbird. Love the aerodynamic and sharp points.
1681622903946.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
One thing I see on occasion is there's a young man walk around looking at the Mecum cars with his big drink in his hand. Or a woman with her coffee on the car line leaning over to look inside one. WTF?!?!:oops: Like that's a golden no no. Think if I owned one it would either be only me in the car, or only bottled water in the car.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Man can't go wrong with the '57 Bel Air. A boat load of those at the local car show.
Tri-Five Chevys are a beautiful thing !

my '55, two door 'post' from years back, 383 stroker, M-21 muncie.......

55, rear qtr shot.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis