Canton Vento vs Chrono SL (models with ceramic tweeters)

B

Bkid23

Audiophyte
In search of an upgrade from my current SVS Ultra & ML Motion systems and stumbled on this corner of the internet. Curious if anyone can compare those lines to Vento / Chrono bookshelves and if those would be a noticeable leap forward?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
In search of an upgrade from my current SVS Ultra & ML Motion systems and stumbled on this corner of the internet. Curious if anyone can compare those lines to Vento / Chrono bookshelves and if those would be a noticeable leap forward?
I believe @KEW has compared the Ultra to his Cantons before.

Last edited:
Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
I’ve no experience with SVS but my guess is you’d likely have to move to the Vento Ref 9.2 stand mounts or the crazy expensive 9k’s to get more than the Ultras are likely giving you.
At that price point the Philharmonic BMR and others start to come into play as well.
I love my 9.2’s and they serve my audio needs, but I’d still love to try the BMR.
Best of luck in your search.

VMPS-TIII

VMPS-TIII

Senior Audioholic
I’ve no experience with SVS but my guess is you’d likely have to move to the Vento Ref 9.2 stand mounts or the crazy expensive 9k’s to get more than the Ultras are likely giving you.
At that price point the Philharmonic BMR and others start to come into play as well.
I love my 9.2’s and they serve my audio needs, but I’d still love to try the BMR.
Best of luck in your search.
I totally agree. I ordered a pair of BMR's and they're scheduled to arrive Friday. One of the first things I plan to do is compare them next to my Canton Vento 9.2 Reference speakers. The winner stays in my office. :)

I also want to compare them against the Sierra Towers in the main listening area. Everyone raves about BMR's so it will be fun to try them next to these other great speakers.
Tweeter Wars
Canto aluminum ceramic oxide vs BMR RAAL 64-10 vs RAAL 70-20

111.png

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I have heard both the SVS and Cantons. Not in the same room, not at the same time. Both speakers are Outstanding Performers at their price point. They both use quality Drivers, Tweeters and Internal components. They both have excellent build quality and Visual Appeal.

Is one better then the other? That question is purely subjective to each individual. If one is better then the other it is only slightly better and not blow you away better.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I believe @KEW has compared the Ultra to his Cantons before.
I have no doubt that of you have these two speakers in the same room at the same time, you will recognize the Canton as the better speaker.
Two aspects will be readily recognized:
1) More midrange detail
2) Cleaner in the highs - objects like a triangle or symphonic chimes will have fuller, clear sound. The Ultra tweeter is very good and I would never detect that it was not clean, but if I get it in the same room as the Canton ceramic tweeter or RAAL, or Focal's Be, the Ultra's tweeter just isn't that good!

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis