Mike V

Mike V

Junior Audioholic
I could not find a Klipsch speaker dealer in the Houston area that was open on weekends and willing to place any Heritage line speakers on their shop floor for me to audition. I have found other ways to listen to a few and made my decision to buy two Cornwall IIIs and a Heresy III as a middle speaker. If I was able to listen to any Heritage Klipsch speaker at a local dealer, I would feel obligated to purchase through them, but such is not the case.

How do you speaker experts, whom I am sure have purchased many new speakers in many different ways) recommend I go about the purchase? Buy direct from Klipsch (if I can), buy through Amazon or some other online dealer, or go through a local dealer, despite his lack of effort to help me in any way?

These are big speakers, and I will need to be home if I arrange to have them shipped directly to me, so I will need to know when they arrive, or be able to schedule a time.

Thanks! I enjoy hearing all your experienced opinions on audio topics.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Personally have no shops to even consider, so personally would find an internet seller with a good price and shipping service, could be Amazon; if you can find a B&M dealer with a good delivered price then that would work, too. Whoever it is would need to provide a return service if any issues....

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'd contact Klipsch directly and ask them the same question. Maybe they know of a dealer who could arrange the purchase and delivery, even if they aren't in your immediate area.

More and more, audio products, including large speakers are sold over the internet, either through online dealers including Amazon, or direct from the manufacturer. As this happens, the older brick & mortar dealerships are going the way of the Dodo bird. I can't imagine Klipsch hasn't encountered this before.

Mike V

Mike V

Junior Audioholic
Personally have no shops to even consider, so personally would find an internet seller with a good price and shipping service, could be Amazon; if you can find a B&M dealer with a good delivered price then that would work, too. Whoever it is would need to provide a return service if any issues....
Thanks! The B&M dealer I went to told me if I wanted Klipsch speakers I should go to Target, so I scratched that option off my list. LOL!

I have begun exploring internet purchase options, as you suggested.

Mike V

Mike V

Junior Audioholic
I'd contact Klipsch directly and ask them the same question. Maybe they know of a dealer who could arrange the purchase and delivery, even if they aren't in your immediate area.

More and more, audio products, including large speakers are sold over the internet, either through online dealers including Amazon, or direct from the manufacturer. As this happens, the older brick & mortar dealerships are going the way of the Dodo bird. I can't imagine Klipsch hasn't encountered this before.
Thanks! I just sent an email to a Klipsch employee who offered to find me a nearby dealer - I also asked about direct purchase options.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks! The B&M dealer I went to told me if I wanted Klipsch speakers I should go to Target, so I scratched that option off my list. LOL!

A Klipsch dealer said that? Or just some retailer of other audio gear?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

The amount of disdain and disrespect is oozing from this comment, especially coming from B&W dealer.
Klipsch heritage speakers are very good from what I've heard, but if I were to buy them sigh unseen, I'd make sure they include very generous return policy.
Did you considered buying speakers from internet direct only companies?
Ascend, NHT, Salk, HSU, SVS would be on my short list

Mike V

Mike V

Junior Audioholic
The amount of disdain and disrespect is oozing from this comment, especially coming from B&W dealer.
Klipsch heritage speakers are very good from what I've heard, but if I were to buy them sigh unseen, I'd make sure they include very generous return policy.
Did you considered buying speakers from internet direct only companies?
Ascend, NHT, Salk, HSU, SVS would be on my short list
I grew up without money and envied my friends speakers, which were much better than my JC Penny Stereo speakers (please don't laugh). I fell in love with the Klipsch sound listening to other kids' speakers. I have heard them enough in other people's homes to know that is the sound I am going after. I would have liked to hear the III's before purchasing, but I know I will like them. I listened to some of the ones on your list around town.

I will have 30 days to return without charge, otherwise there will be a 15% charge on the return. That seems fair to me.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I grew up without money and envied my friends speakers, which were much better than my JC Penny Stereo speakers (please don't laugh). I fell in love with the Klipsch sound listening to other kids' speakers. I have heard them enough in other people's homes to know that is the sound I am going after. I would have liked to hear the III's before purchasing, but I know I will like them. I listened to some of the ones on your list around town.

I will have 30 days to return without charge, otherwise there will be a 15% charge on the return. That seems fair to me.
enjoy them in good health !

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
You should consider the new Forte III. Do you have enough room for a third Forte as a center?

My reasoning is that the mid horns in the CWIII and HIII are the older exponential style horns, and to my ears have that horny sound, where the larger format horns in the new FIII do not. (Ditto for the previous FII and Chorus II, if you could find those used you would save a mint).

You should buy from an authorized Klipsch dealer, not directly from them. I recommend THIS guy. edit: oops, that's his facebook page, but it's still probably the most expeditious way to get in contact with him.

There was a recent thread about another place called Bjorns, which had Heritage on display (at least the FIII, as that was all that was in the pics). I'm not sure if they're in Houston but they are somewhere in the great state of Texas.

Last edited:
Mike V

Mike V

Junior Audioholic
You should consider the new Forte III. Do you have enough room for a third Forte as a center?

My reasoning is that the mid horns in the CWIII and HIII are the older exponential style horns, and to my ears have that horny sound, where the larger format horns in the new FIII do not. (Ditto for the previous FII and Chorus II, if you could find those used you would save a mint).

You should buy from an authorized Klipsch dealer, not directly from them. I recommend THIS guy. edit: oops, that's his facebook page, but it's still probably the most expeditious way to get in contact with him.

There was a recent thread about another place called Bjorns, which had Heritage on display (at least the FIII, as that was all that was in the pics). I'm not sure if they're in Houston but they are somewhere in the great state of Texas.
OK, I think you talked me into the Forte IIIs - L, C & R! See how easily manipulated I am? LOL But seriously, I really appreciate all the great advice - even the advice I do not end up taking. I am a little embarrassed how many times I have changed my mind...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OK, I think you talked me into the Forte IIIs - L, C & R! See how easily manipulated I am? LOL But seriously, I really appreciate all the great advice - even the advice I do not end up taking. I am a little embarrassed how many times I have changed my mind...
Buying on impulse doesn't usually work :) Just wait and buy after research/consideration (or with a damn good return policy :) ).

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja

I have to agree, especially since you were the first one to turn me onto the newer horn types. The constant directivity designs on the Fusion line, the JBLs, all work very well so, the Tractrix horns ("with mumps") on the Fortes should be awesome. The other night, I walked right up between the Tempests with them almost 90 degrees to the right and left of me and still could not mentally split the sound pattern. I was standing right in front of the television dusting it, which was off, and the sound could have been coming from there as well as anywhere I looked. Same with the little JBL LSR speakers. I have them on stands just inside of the Tempests and you would swear the Tempests were playing, just at lower levels.

I actually bought the JBLs because of the Tempests, being more curious of the newer horns. I'm usually really skeptical of such tricks. But from here on out, I will not discount a horn type speaker that uses this technology.

Still blown away by the Tempests and they get a workout every night since 01/17 pretty much. I have played some smaller builds and the JBL's just to mix things up but every time I come back to the Tempests, I am blown away all over again and I realize I have taken them for granted from being spoiled by them. Everything else is pretty much a novelty, comparatively, even if they end up being great speakers.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I could not find a Klipsch speaker dealer in the Houston area that was open on weekends and willing to place any Heritage line speakers on their shop floor for me to audition. I have found other ways to listen to a few and made my decision to buy two Cornwall IIIs and a Heresy III as a middle speaker. If I was able to listen to any Heritage Klipsch speaker at a local dealer, I would feel obligated to purchase through them, but such is not the case.

How do you speaker experts, whom I am sure have purchased many new speakers in many different ways) recommend I go about the purchase? Buy direct from Klipsch (if I can), buy through Amazon or some other online dealer, or go through a local dealer, despite his lack of effort to help me in any way?

These are big speakers, and I will need to be home if I arrange to have them shipped directly to me, so I will need to know when they arrive, or be able to schedule a time.

Thanks! I enjoy hearing all your experienced opinions on audio topics.
I just shop around and find the best deal online, so long as they’re authorized. Btw, have you considered fortes instead of the Cornwall’s? They’re a bit cheaper and can dig a lot deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike V

Mike V

Junior Audioholic
I just shop around and find the best deal online, so long as they’re authorized. Btw, have you considered fortes instead of the Cornwall’s? They’re a bit cheaper and can dig a lot deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. After a month of searching and researching, thinking, getting great advice from many knowlegeable and experienced audiophiles, I have decided on three Forte IIIs, distressed oak. Making the purchase as we speak.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis