Building a 7.2.4 cinema in basement and need some guidance

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL! Wait.. ya mean THIS ONE!

Listening Sessions. ...the Monolith 15” THX remains clean no matter how hard it is pushed. The best placement for a single sub in my room gives me a relatively flat response for an un-EQ'd single subwoofer, with a window of +/- 4 dB from 25 Hz to 100 Hz with no broad dips in important ranges.Oct 3, 2018
Yes, that's one of his reviews....measurements here https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/monolith-15201d/measurements-and-analysis

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! Bit of an "audiosnob" are we?! You're quite funny however, albeit a bit uniformed. "CHEAP" Monoprice stuff! LOL. RBH & JL? Sure, good stuff and pricey. Tell ya what. I'll put the Monolith 16THX subwoofer up against a fathom or RBH and take some measurements. Then we can see which has a better response to 16hz. Times change bro.
Wow, you should learn to read. The post you quoted never said anything about MONOLITH, you know, the higher performance brand that was NOT what the op was talking about.
Monoprice IS cheap gear. Monolith is not.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Whoever wrote that is a hack and doesn't know what they are talking about. It's just more evidence of the poor state of audio journalism today. I would be sad if I weren't so disgusted!
Yeah, where’s that guys ped-duh-gree from?

A

azcarz

Enthusiast
Whoever wrote that is a hack and doesn't know what they are talking about. It's just more evidence of the poor state of audio journalism today. I would be sad if I weren't so disgusted!
LOL! That's hilarious bro! Although i disagree. Think you're analysis was pretty much spot on. It was just pointed out to me that Monoprice rather than Monolith was the mentioned company, although I've been pleasantly surprised by their Alpha and Amber line. So with that, I'll acquiesce to your point as regards Monoprice.

A

azcarz

Enthusiast
Wow, you should learn to read. The post you quoted never said anything about MONOLITH, you know, the higher performance brand that was NOT what the op was talking about.
Monoprice IS cheap gear. Monolith is not.
Thanks for your tip regarding the honing of my comprehensive skills, but i do believe the actual name of the company is "Monolith by Monoprice". BTW, I've heard "Huntington learning Center" does a pretty proficient job, even for those who don't realize they themselves seem to be in need.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for your tip regarding the honing of my comprehensive skills, but i do believe the actual name of the company is "Monolith by Monoprice". BTW, I've heard "Huntington learning Center" does a pretty proficient job, even for those who don't realize they themselves seem to be in need.
You seem a good student!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
LOL! I sure was hell do try bro!
If you’re implying that I don’t know monoprice is the parent company of monolith that’s incorrect. If it’s just because I’m sometimes a jakkass well fair enough.

A

azcarz

Enthusiast
LOL! I sure was hell do try bro!
If you’re implying that I don’t know monoprice is the parent company of monolith that’s incorrect. If it’s just because I’m sometimes a jakkass well fair enough.
Hey! Don't underestimate the worth of the "jackass" to the American experience! Some of my best friends and ex wives were in fact Jack asses!

A

azcarz

Enthusiast
Yeah, where’s that guys ped-duh-gree from?
I've actually got an M15 V2 coming on Saturday. We'll see how nice it plays with a MX350 THX and a pair of Triad DSP300's. Hopefully i can open up a can a whupass on em and tame em with a couple mini DSP HD's and REW. We'll see...

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I’d say that bone was worth digging up.:rolleyes: Somebody lock this f#%ker up.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well, the " idiot" says, why not put the response curves up and let them talk rather than an admin sycophant!
Shady has has reviewed every sub in the Monoprice Monolith line. And JTR and SVS and Audioholics has done reviews of RBH subs. All detailed with full measurements.

Also Shady wasn't trashing Monoprice he's just stating facts that the Amber line is nowhere near the quality of the Monolith line that's just straight facts

You can't compare a could hundred sub to a sub that has over $2000 dollars built into it like the Monolith 16

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis