D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That would have to be the greatest understatement of the century. Then again perhaps your only capable of a one word reply. So what did I write that is incorrect, Your country's going down the toilet, and your living with a Judge Judy mentality. Yours is the only country in the world which is totally unaccountable when it comes to firearm control. Which is completely out of control and your doing nothing to change the situation. And I'm Stupid, ????

Updated account is 19 children and 2 adults killed with an unknown number of children affected for life. You really should be ashamed
I like how other countries gripe about our guns yet you got people killing people over there with kitchen knives machetes youth and gangs stabbing people I remember a big issue with that. Bad people will always find a way. Heck some foreign guy killed 51 people with his truck I remember hearing about that one

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
YOU, …ARE STUPID.
President's do not create law as that is the domain of Congress and is the first sentence in Article I:

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
The government doesn't have the stomach or the balls to do something like that. It's not so easy to go door to door and take armed citizens property from them that will fight back
I know plenty of people on both sides of politics that aren't okay with the government doing that

There was a country that did that once oh yeah it was Germany. And then look at what they went and did to the Jewish people.
Where do you get this? Who is advocating taking guns away from americans?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
President's do not create law as that is the domain of Congress and is the first sentence in Article I:

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.
thanks.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Heck some foreign guy killed 51 people with his truck I remember hearing about that on
I'm sorry I didn't hear about that one, would you care to enlighten us .

I like how other countries gripe about our guns yet you got people killing people over there with kitchen knives
I will agree no country is perfect. But most try to prevent further attacks or acts of vialance, But there seems to be repeated gun attacks in America, and all you do is talk. When Kennedy was shot in gun happy Texas. A lot of talk followed and one man was arrested. Nothing else happened. And so it goes on.. We in Oz do have our troubles, but the main attack in Tasmania was quickly followed by a gun amnesty which is still current today. Our main problem at the moment is a drug war involving two families fighting for control, and killing each other off. But mass killings are a thing of the past. , Australians have seen an epidemic sweep across the country. Failure to significantly impact on ice and now combined with the use of opioids, often fentanyl, will place our health at a greater risk. Then any mass killing by a nut with a gun
I see that your NRA is holding there yearly conference just down the road from this last school attack. It might be time for someone in government to bang a few heads into submission over the current on-going problem.. Before someone else attempts his five minutes of fame, with a gun.

President's do not create law as that is the domain of Congress
That's the way, You can always blame someone else

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic

That's the way, You can always blame someone else
It's not blaming someone else, it's the way our system of government works. What exactly do you think any President can do to prevent nutters from killing people?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
As for firearms, I have 4 right now. Qualified marksman with the M-16, .38, 9mm while in the USAF and have probably fired more types of military arms than you can imagine including ones that you could only dream of.

Fools assume. Smart people know or don't know.
The US has millions who shouldn't even leave the house- between doing stupid things and being mentally unhinged, we have problems that aren't being addressed and as of yesterday, the US has had 212 mass shootings in 2022.

Your point about firing so many types of weapons is...?

highfigh

highfigh

Here we go again another 19 dead in gun happy Texas. And what do we get from the so-called president, crying about what should be done, and of cause does nothing. Piss weak President, sums him up. The guy's a joke. It's simple get the armed forces to mobilize and take the guns away. Lock up the fools that run the NRA, No excuses, shut the gun shops and shut down the gun dealers. Remove any guns Hand in your firearms or face jail. Your country's out of control and frankly your leaders are happy living down in the land of the dead. Worrying about how to protect there jobs and ego's.
Your lot have plenty of reasons why you can't do anything, and bugger all attempts to what should be done. Your more concerned with the troubles in the rest of the world while your own country goes down the sewer And I've got news for brother JO, Gods far to busy running his religious SCAM's to bother with anything else.
Where do you live? Does your military enforce your laws? They CAN'T do that here because the Constitution doesn't allow it unless certain conditions are met.

In a country of this size, it would be impossible to do a sweep of all houses, apartments, garages, storage units, garbage containers, cars, etc- even with a military of the size of ours, it could never be done in a way that's effective, comprehensive or successful. They could shut down small cities and large chunks of bigger ones and prevent anyone leaving (except when someone has a good reason to leave) but it will never happen.

You think the government should have absolute power to search people and buildings?

This country is out of control because we have too many people with mental illness, bad brains and bad up-bringing. Then, there are the problems in the general population.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
The US has millions who shouldn't even leave the house- between doing stupid things and being mentally unhinged, we have problems that aren't being addressed and as of yesterday, the US has had 212 mass shootings in 2022.

Your point about firing so many types of weapons is...?
The point was that some of us actually know something about firearms and what their purpose is.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Where do you live? Does your military enforce your laws? They CAN'T do that here because the Constitution doesn't allow it unless certain conditions are met.

In a country of this size, it would be impossible to do a sweep of all houses, apartments, garages, storage units, garbage containers, cars, etc- even with a military of the size of ours, it could never be done in a way that's effective, comprehensive or successful. They could shut down small cities and large chunks of bigger ones and prevent anyone leaving (except when someone has a good reason to leave) but it will never happen.

You think the government should have absolute power to search people and buildings?

This country is out of control because we have too many people with mental illness, bad brains and bad up-bringing. Then, there are the problems in the general population.
Control and security are always an illusion.

Agreed that there are too many people that have mental issues, defective brains, and poor upbringing. However, those issues themselves combined with the ease of access to instruments of deadly force create an environment where mass killings are commonplace.

highfigh

highfigh

The point was that some of us actually know something about firearms and what their purpose is.
OK, but that doesn't preclude someone going off and killing people, it means they'll hit more targets with fewer rounds.

BTW- the number of Veterans involved in mass shootings is alarmingly high. Their mental health treatment needs to begin sooner and be better.

highfigh

highfigh

Control and security are always an illusion.

Agreed that there are too many people that have mental issues, defective brains, and poor upbringing. However, those issues themselves combined with the ease of access to instruments of deadly force create an environment where mass killings are commonplace.
I can't think of a reason for an 18 year old to be able to buy body armor at all and if they want guns, I want their parents to be involved at the beginning of the process. I don't give a rat's ass if 18 is considered 'adult', people are too f&cking sensitive and can't handle their problems effectively. Everybody wants someone to blame for their problems, targets for their rage and are too willing to act when they should be asking for help. Most people cause their own problems and they need to realize this.

I'm really tired of hearing people start many sentences with "I feel" when they should have been thinking. I'm also tired of hearing people say "I'm feeling triggered". People used to think about what they were going through and now, the slightest insult, comment or look makes them turn into a quivering puddle of piss. "Mean mugging' has been the reason for too many killings, being bullied caused Uvalde shootings and people need to know their kids far better but they're too busy.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Another factor in this is the Media. There used to be a limitation on reporting in the early 90s I believe but it's gone now.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I can't think of a reason for an 18 year old to be able to buy body armor at all and if they want guns, I want their parents to be involved at the beginning of the process. I don't give a rat's ass if 18 is considered 'adult', people are too f&cking sensitive and can't handle their problems effectively. Everybody wants someone to blame for their problems, targets for their rage and are too willing to act when they should be asking for help. Most people cause their own problems and they need to realize this.

I'm really tired of hearing people start many sentences with "I feel" when they should have been thinking. I'm also tired of hearing people say "I'm feeling triggered". People used to think about what they were going through and now, the slightest insult, comment or look makes them turn into a quivering puddle of piss. "Mean mugging' has been the reason for too many killings, being bullied caused Uvalde shootings and people need to know their kids far better but they're too busy.
18 year old persons are considered as adults under the law, not much we can do about that unless you want to put them back into minor status where parents would then be responsible for their actions. Frankly, I don't care how old someone is with regards to purchasing or owning firearms.

What I do care about is that they are certified, qualified and well trained in the safe handling, safe use and responsibility associated with the ownership of firearms. These type of requirements are actionable and IMHO would pass Constitutional muster and would likely be more effective that simply registering firearms.

There is no excuse whatsoever for what happened in Texas yesterday. Nobody can prevent or predict what crazies will do, what can be done is to make it more difficult for them to carry out their lunacy.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Another factor in this is the Media. There used to be a limitation on reporting in the early 90s I believe but it's gone now.

There were no limitations on reporting news in the 90's or at any other time.

highfigh

highfigh

18 year old persons are considered as adults under the law, not much we can do about that unless you want to put them back into minor status where parents would then be responsible for their actions. Frankly, I don't care how old someone is with regards to purchasing or owning firearms.

What I do care about is that they are certified, qualified and well trained in the safe handling, safe use and responsibility associated with the ownership of firearms. These type of requirements are actionable and IMHO would pass Constitutional muster and would likely be more effective that simply registering firearms.

There is no excuse whatsoever for what happened in Texas yesterday. Nobody can prevent or predict what crazies will do, what can be done is to make it more difficult for them to carry out their lunacy.
The drinking age used to be 18 in many states but when 18 year olds proved they can't drink responsibly, it was returned to 21, by Congress- that's a public safety issue and this is, too.

You don't care about the age of someone who owns or possesses guns? So, you're saying that everyone can handle this without doing something stupid or terrible? I completely disagree. Many people are far too reactive and all you need to do to see this is read about why people shoot others. They're not hunting, not at war, most aren't doing it for self-defense. What's left? Suicide, accidental shooting, homicide/intentional injury and stupidity.

The shootings in TX and Buffalo wouldn't have been prevented if they'd had instruction or certification- they hit their targets. 38 of them. An instructor may have noticed that their words & re/actions were abnormal, though.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
There were no limitations on reporting news in the 90's or at any other time.
Not necessarily a "legal" limitation but a Media self imposed one. Many studies have marketed a change in reporting to "wall to wall" after Columbine.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
The drinking age used to be 18 in many states but when 18 year olds proved they can't drink responsibly, it was returned to 21, by Congress- that's a public safety issue and this is, too.

You don't care about the age of someone who owns or possesses guns? So, you're saying that everyone can handle this without doing something stupid or terrible? I completely disagree. Many people are far too reactive and all you need to do to see this is read about why people shoot others. They're not hunting, not at war, most aren't doing it for self-defense. What's left? Suicide, accidental shooting, homicide/intentional injury and stupidity.

The shootings in TX and Buffalo wouldn't have been prevented if they'd had instruction or certification- they hit their targets. 38 of them. An instructor may have noticed that their words & re/actions were abnormal, though.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
The drinking age change from 18 to 21 was pushed by Ronald Reagan and it wasn't Congress, it was Reagan. States were forced to change the laws otherwise FFederal highway dollars were to be withheld from the State(s).

There is no age limit for doing something stupid. For every 18 year old who does something stupid, there's likely 10 times as many older stupid doers. There are responsible 18 year olds and irresponsible 18 year olds just like there are responsible 50 year olds and irresponsible 50 year olds. Age is less of a factor than mentality which you've pointed out.

Again, you can't stop crazies from doing what they are intent to do. What my suggested criteria would have done is to possibly prevent those persons from buying firearms and immediately take a nutters action. That was part of the rationale for the 24 hour waiting period associated with the required background checks for purchases.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis