Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well, they're somewhat a mess lately (due charges from the New York Attorney General and a failed bankruptcy filing to avoid that). Seems they're still having an annual meeting in Texas later this month. They remind me of Johnson's "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel". Hopefully the lawsuit will dissolve the f*ckers soon https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/02/politics/nra-lawsuit-new-york/index.html
As a conservative I too see a lot of your 'leftist' views of the NRA and I agree with some of them, but what you don't see along with the 'wacko left' is the good side of the NRA.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Thank you for your concise reply's to my questions. As you will have gathered I'm not American but Australian, and our laws regarding firearms are different to yours.

From what I read and try to understand your National Rifle Association has a lot to answer for with regard to gun control. It would seem that they control sections of your government, Politicians, and anyone else who get in there way. By way of large voter blocks.
Don't just blame one side of the equation- they lobby, members of Congress take the pay and do their bidding.

Would you have a government that ISN'T representative of the will of the people?

We need to end paying members of the government to cater to special interests.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
As a conservative I too see a lot of your 'leftist' views of the NRA and I agree with some of them, but what you don't see along with the 'wacko left' is the good side of the NRA.
The NRA no longer provides any value as an organization. It certainly should no longer be a non-profit since the majority of the $$ it makes does no go to it's supposed purpose.

In so far as buying firearms is concerned, nobody (I don't care who) should be allowed to purchase or own a firearm until they've proven they are competent with it. That competence can be learned via training (which should be rigorous no different that in the military) and should be registered with the feds so that all it can be part of the background check process.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
In so far as buying firearms is concerned, nobody (I don't care who) should be allowed to purchase or own a firearm until they've proven they are competent with it. That competence can be learned via training (which should be rigorous no different that in the military) and should be registered with the feds so that all it can be part of the background check process.
Yet so many are against this very sensible idea that is a requirement in so many countries.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. Pennsylvania's not immune to problems. So are east coasters then "right" coasters? NRA is a joke, you a member?

Pa, mess in what way compared to NY ?? Obviously as a 'left coaster' you have no clue.......

Granted our roads do suck !!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
LOL. Pennsylvania's not immune to problems. So are east coasters then "right" coasters? NRA is a joke, you a member?
Never said Pa didn't have issues, that was you attempting to deflect the NY State comment. My post (#44) which ended with the question, 'wonder why', to which you are unable to answer. No problem.......

As for the NRA, yes I'm a member and you like Maxie I'm sure have no knowledge or interest in guns and that too is fine but when you make the comments you do it just shows your ignorance .......

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never said Pa didn't have issues, that was you attempting to deflect the NY State comment. My post (#44) which ended with the question, 'wonder why', to which you are unable to answer. No problem.......

As for the NRA, yes I'm a member and you like Maxie I'm sure have no knowledge or interest in guns and that too is fine but when you make the comments you do it just shows your ignorance .......
Why would I want to comment on NY's particular issues? I find it more fascinating you guys are trying to get a reality show quack doctor (a foreigner yet) to office there in Pennsylvania. I don't live in NY or Pennsylvania so not my problem particularly either. Many cities are seeing an exodus of sorts, too. FIgures you would both belong to and value the NRA.....and I did just recently pick up a gun....too many f*cking crazy republicans out there. I have no use for the NRA, tho.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
As for the NRA, yes I'm a member and you like Maxie I'm sure have no knowledge or interest in guns and that too is fine but when you make the comments you do it just shows your ignorance
Being a member of the NRA is certainly not in any way or shape an indication that you know much or anything about of proper handling, storage and usage of firearms, first aid along with relevant laws and regulations.

In contrast to you I actually did military service in my youth.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
This is from Atlanta but the same pattern has been emerging in all the major cities. With the way our large cities are being run, people are making individual decisions to protect themselves and their families. Same thing is happening in the Latin community, some figures show a 48% rise year over year.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Why would I want to comment on NY's particular issues?
LOL, you started this thread ! and BTW Buffalo is in the state of NY !

I find it more fascinating you guys are trying to get a reality show quack doctor (a foreigner yet) to office there in Pennsylvania.
'you guys' ?? he didn't get my vote ! As for carpetbagging did you forget about your girlfriend Hillary ? !!

FIgures you would both belong to and value the NRA
Again you didn't see my post where I acknowledged the NRA's shortcomings

.....and I did just recently pick up a gun
Did you shoot yourself in the foot ? :eek:

....too many f*cking crazy republicans out there.
agreed, along with quite a few crazy Democrats as well !

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Don't just blame one side of the equation- they lobby, members of Congress take the pay and do their bidding.

Would you have a government that ISN'T representative of the will of the people?

We need to end paying members of the government to cater to special interests.
Well, the Sups declared that money talks. More money you have the more you can talk and buy influence. Simple.

highfigh

highfigh

Why would I want to comment on NY's particular issues? I find it more fascinating you guys are trying to get a reality show quack doctor (a foreigner yet) to office there in Pennsylvania. I don't live in NY or Pennsylvania so not my problem particularly either. Many cities are seeing an exodus of sorts, too. FIgures you would both belong to and value the NRA.....and I did just recently pick up a gun....too many f*cking crazy republicans out there. I have no use for the NRA, tho.
The loonies at both ends get their stink on the parties they 'identify with'.

C'mon, you don't want one of their serving platter-sized belt buckles?

As I have posted before, I have yet to meet an NRA member who can quote more than "The Right To Bear Arms", which is on the NRA belt buckles and that includes two brothers- one who sold guns for Gander Mountain (and used that job as a way to hoard many guns & ammo, through his employee discount) and the other is/was a lawyer. They and a cousin were 'gung ho' hunters, but the wife of the lawyer used to joke about the cousin having 'buck fever' every time he had a deer in his sights. The one who worked at Gander Mountain has such a bad temper that I would never consider being around guns if he was there.

highfigh

highfigh

This is from Atlanta but the same pattern has been emerging in all the major cities. With the way our large cities are being run, people are making individual decisions to protect themselves and their families. Same thing is happening in the Latin community, some figures show a 48% rise year over year.

Males who aren't White are also buying guns in record numbers- it's not just women.

highfigh

highfigh

Being a member of the NRA is certainly not in any way or shape an indication that you know much or anything about of proper handling, storage and usage of firearms, first aid along with relevant laws and regulations.

In contrast to you I actually did military service in my youth.
Too many gun thefts here in recent months to make me believe that they're being secured in vehicles, businesses and homes.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
As I have posted before, I have yet to meet an NRA member who can quote more than "The Right To Bear Arms", which is on the NRA belt buckles and that includes two brothers- one who sold guns for Gander Mountain (and used that job as a way to hoard many guns & ammo, through his employee discount) and the other is/was a lawyer. They and a cousin were 'gung ho' hunters, but the wife of the lawyer used to joke about the cousin having 'buck fever' every time he had a deer in his sights. The one who worked at Gander Mountain has such a bad temper that I would never consider being around guns if he was there.
NRA has been cutting down on gun training and education, one of the core activities of the organization, since at least 2017/2018. This is actually one of the very worthwhile and useful activities of that organization.

An older article published in 2019: Inside the NRA’s finances: Deepening debt, increased spending on legal fees — and cuts to gun training

Here is a newer article, February 2022, from a site, thereload.com, that a quick googling did not turn up so much on its reputation: Exclusive: NRA Revenues Cut in Half Since 2018, Legal Spending Spiked in 2021. There is an NPR interview with its founder Stephen Gutowski , though: 2020 Saw A Boom In Gun Sales. These New Buyers Could Shape The Future Of Gun Control.

highfigh

highfigh

NRA has been cutting down on gun training and education, one of the core activities of the organization, since at least 2017/2018. This is actually one of the very worthwhile and useful activities of that organization.

An older article published in 2019: Inside the NRA’s finances: Deepening debt, increased spending on legal fees — and cuts to gun training

Here is a newer article, February 2022, from a site, thereload.com, that a quick googling did not turn up so much on its reputation: Exclusive: NRA Revenues Cut in Half Since 2018, Legal Spending Spiked in 2021. There is an NPR interview with its founder Stephen Gutowski , though: 2020 Saw A Boom In Gun Sales. These New Buyers Could Shape The Future Of Gun Control.
People need to stop using large organizations to tell them how to think and their perceived goal of putting guns into as many hands as possible is irresponsible, at best.

People should have the integrity to search for a good place to practice and if it offers good/logical training, even better. I have been to a couple of gun shops that have a range- I will return to neither, after some past experiences. The first was known as the #1 place in the state that was the source of guns used in crimes and they didn't seem to care where the money came from. At the other, one guy ran down to the range with a rifle and fired about five rounds in quick succession, then jumped up and down, shouting "This is f$ckin' great!" before running upstairs. That's not a rifle range and he put all of us in danger. The guy to my left fired a few and stopped, then someone from the store came down and said "Let me see it- oh, we have to get that taken care of", meaning his hand. I don't know if it was slide bite, but he didn't seem to have a clue. At about the same time, someone two lanes to my right started shooting at a large paper target and after a full magazine, he had only hit the bottom edge once- the rest of the paper was pristine even though it was only a few yards away.

These happened during one visit to their range and if they're going to be so lax in letting people use it, I'm not going back.

If someone wants to create a new organization to replace the NRA in the event that it shuts down, I won't be disappointed. Maybe they could find new management who could make it into something useful.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis