MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Offline co-op split screen or online co-op is hella fun. That's all I got to say!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My brother has been playing this non stop since it came out lol.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
Quick Review of Borderlands 2

Got the game about 2 weeks ago now, here's my impression:

• Graphics wise, it's a lot more colorful than BL1, and the environments are much more varied than before. It actually feels like you're in different places now. All of the gun models look a lot more unique and look very cool.
  • The story and writing is far improved, simply by actually having a story this time. ;) It's still not great IMO(don't expect a shoot and loot version of Mass Effect) but it's a hell of a lot better than BL1. Expect to see a ton of old faces too. Same goofy nature that the later BL1 expansion packs had is out in full force. Handsome Jack is over the top... turned to 11. :eek:
  • The user interface is much better. Sorting and organizing missions are especially improved, and it's pretty easy to compare guns quickly. Fast Travel options are also made more useful by telling you what missions are available in the different areas.
  • Shields and grenade upgrades come in A LOT more flavors this time around, and can really augment how you play. For example, there's a type of shield that, when fully loaded, can increase the amount of damage you do with your next shot (nice sniper shield).
  • Rocket launchers are much more powerful and useful. I had a hell of a time trying to use them effectively in BL1, but now they feel like a real weapon. Ammo for them is much more scarce though, except in vending machines, where they are $$$$.
  • Maybe it's just me, but I feel like assault rifles aren't as good in this game. I used one all the time in BL1, but I can't seem to find a good one, or at least one that makes using a high powered revolver feel inadequate.
  • The Badass points system rewards you for doing pretty much everything. Big fan of that.
  • About a quarter of the way through, you get something that lets you trade between your own character - basically a shared safe.
  • Gunzerking with two pistols that require pulling the trigger as fast as you can is pretty rough. :eek: Automatic weapons work MUCH better. :D
  • Can deal some pretty hefty damage with guns that you throw like a grenade when reloading - the more ammo in the gun, the higher the damage. For some particularly gnarly encounters, I would often take one or two shots, then reload (which would throw the gun where I was aiming at). That obviously went through ammo in a hurry, but most ammo outside of rockets are easy to find, and I'd do about 9000+ damage in the process.

Overall, I'd give it an 8.6 - lots of fun, and if you liked the first game, this one is more of the same, but done better.

B

brasewel

Audiophyte
I think I'm going to take the plunge and get this game

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis