Bookshelf speakers As rear Surround speakers

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, my 6012’s test tone is 75db @mv -0.
Are phone decibel meters plenty ?
I had tower speakers as my rears but switched too bookshelves it’s my bedroom didn’t like the idea of towers falling on me while sleeping . I could try and find a way to bolt them down but no thanks I use them on the sides as side surrounds .

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Are phone decibel meters plenty ?
I had tower speakers as my rears but switched too bookshelves it’s my bedroom didn’t like the idea of towers falling on me while sleeping . I could try and find a way to bolt them down but no thanks I use them on the sides as side surrounds .
I personally don’t trust the phone app spl meters. BUT, they are usually free, or cheap so... If nothing else, they’re far more consistent than human ears so in that respect it’s better than nothing.
If you’re afraid of your towers falling on you, you might wanna out them down on the floor.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I personally don’t trust the phone app spl meters. BUT, they are usually free, or cheap so... If nothing else, they’re far more consistent than human ears so in that respect it’s better than nothing.
If you’re afraid of your towers falling on you, you might wanna out them down on the floor.
Ahh what do you suggest to buy on low budget? Right now I cannot afford a microphone sadly .. free app has to work
Pioneer Andrew Jones towers are like mini towers , anyways I moved them to the sides of my listening position . One is on a speaker stand the other a bookshelf , they simply aren’t tall enough need stands . Plus as surrounds want them higher .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ahh what do you suggest to buy on low budget? Right now I cannot afford a microphone sadly .. free app has to work
Pioneer Andrew Jones towers are like mini towers , anyways I moved them to the sides of my listening position . One is on a speaker stand the other a bookshelf , they simply aren’t tall enough need stands . Plus as surrounds want them higher .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think for a low/no budget the phone app will be at the very least consistent. My real issue is that all phone mics roll off at different points, so when setting sub level, I feel like it’s a crap shoot.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis