mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It sounded great in fact. I was just looking for causes at the time thinking something is wrong that I had to turn it down so much. First one for that much lowering of volume.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
It was painfully loud at times in the theater, from the soundtrack mostly. Looks like that was intentional.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Watched Thor tonight. That track was quiet, had to turn it up to -14 and even then I could have used -12.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It was painfully loud at times in the theater, from the soundtrack mostly. Looks like that was intentional.
Theaters may not check the levels but preset. So even their sound was running hot.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I checked it out last night at home and did find it to be quite hot as well. Doesn't sound bad, just have to not turn this one up as much. LOTS of LFE.
I have to agree that this movie runs quite hot, specially in the beginning of the movie. Didnt sound bad at any point tho.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Saw the movie yesterday. A library borrow. Like to buy the 3d version when the prices come down. Thought it ran slow in some areas. I enjoyed it though. Got a laugh every time I saw the lead actor. Reminds me of this guy: https://goo.gl/images/ix1w3w

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Mixing is brilliant! best surround track todate! Don't get why some are saying track was to hot. The only thing to me that was painfully hot was the wemines :eek:. Had to take a cold shower after.:D. Blade Runner 2049 won two Oscars! Should have won 4! One for best Director and best Picture. Best sequel in my book to date.:) Guess it's to deep for some to grapple with.:cool:.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mixing is brilliant! best surround track todate! Don't get why some are saying track was to hot. The only thing to me that was painfully hot was the wemines :eek:. Had to take a cold shower after.:D. Blade Runner 2049 won two Oscars! Should have won 4! One for best Director and best Picture. Best sequel in my book to date.:) Guess it's to deep for some to grapple with.:cool:.
So at your normal volume setting it just seemed normal volume? Bluray? Atmos or 7 or 5 ch or ?

TechHDS

Audioholic General
So at your normal volume setting it just seemed normal volume? Bluray? Atmos or 7 or 5 ch or ?
loveinthehd, Blu-ray TrueHD, my AVR doesn't have Atoms, DTS-X. my set is 5.1. my room can not accommodate a 7.2 set up I live in a mobile home. Guess I could move my sofa up about 4ft, room is 14ft x 20ft not a big room, but that would put me setting about 5 to 6ft from my HDTV. I run that move at -25 dbs went to -20 dbs and yes it was loud like if I had my unit at -15 or -12. Wasn't trying to convey that it isn't hot on other systems can't say not in their living room. Was just giving My experience with the way my system is set-up. But then I like loud a lot not being funny about that if I lived in the country like on 3 acres or more half the time my system would say cranked up because I do a lot of things outdoors.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
loveinthehd, Blu-ray TrueHD, my AVR doesn't have Atoms, DTS-X. my set is 5.1. my room can not accommodate a 7.2 set up I love I'm a mobile home. Guess I could move my sofa up about 4ft but that would put me setting a but 5 to 6ft from my HDTV. I run that move at -25 dbs went to -20 bds and yes it was loud like if I had my unit at -15 or -12. Wasn't trying to convey that it isn't hot on other systems can't say not in their living room. Was just giving My experience with the way my system is set-up.
Running hot in terms of the source is just like you describe "I run that move at -25 dbs went to -20 bds and yes it was loud like if I had my unit at -15 or -12"

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Running hot in terms of the source is just like you describe "I run that move at -25 dbs went to -20 bds and yes it was loud like if I had my unit at -15 or -12"
Yep I get the analogy of running it 'hot' I run my sub 'hot' sometimes depends on the movie music be it older CD's some vinyl LP's are as 'hot' or just not as loud sounding. But yeah I caught with they are saying the sound track is hot. I like loud music I took that movie up to -15dbs just to see if I would blow a tweeter or driver got cheap speakers ya know so if I fried one no big deal 10 or 20 buck tweeter, 30 buck driver no big deal. But speakers survived, but blew the dust off the walls and neighbors giving me mean looks the next day.:D

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Some people with 'tendonitis' loud to very loud sounds can be very painful at times. I am blessed I guess for not having that issue with my hearing. Not many of us has ' Golden Ears I guess. If some would do a little research on Blade Runner 2049 or watch the extras that came with the Blu-ray mixing Engineers in the recording Sound Studios their intent with the sound track is just that to 'pull' the viewer. Lots of Millennials out there that have nothing more than a pair of earbuds and iPhone.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis