TechHDS

Audioholic General
I saw Blade Runner on VHS back in the 80's
loved it, awesome sound track for that time.
Have it on blu-ray and Blade Runner 2049 will be in my hands tomorrow Blu-ray.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Interesting.. European blu-ray is released month later.. Unfair!

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
I picked up the 4K even though I don't have a UHD player yet, or a 4K display for that matter. It comes with the Blu-ray and was only $5 more. I have no use for the DVD that comes with the Blu-ray set, so it's like upgrading the DVD to 4K for $5.

I'm getting ---->this<---- close to upgrading the projector to one that will accept a 4K signal and put it out as faux-K but I'm not sold yet.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Was just in Wal-Mart they have 2049 in! 4k and Blu-ray. My order from Amazon didn't come in today it was shipped to the wrong Post Office dam da bad luck!. I had it pre ordered since Dec, uaggg!. I came close to buying it at Wal-Mart and send the the other back to Amazon for credit if it not in tomorrow that's exactly what I'll do. I have been waiting 36 year's for this sequel!.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Finally watched my BD last night. The video and audio is great but I had to turn it down almost 10 dB compared to other BDs.
Has anyone noticed the volume difference to other Bds or am I having a system issue?

10 dB increase in power would melt my subs, not to mention the tweeters.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I noted that in the theater the film was REALLY hot, so it may even be in the mastering. I have not watched it at home yet.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Finally watched my BD last night. The video and audio is great but I had to turn it down almost 10 dB compared to other BDs.
Has anyone noticed the volume difference to other Bds or am I having a system issue?

I think it does seem loud, but it isn't the only one.

I always crank the volume down before watching anything.

These days, you just don't know if a movie's volume is too high or too low.

They vary so much.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Blade Runner 2049 won an Oscar!
2 Oscars!!!

Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects. :D

I thought Blade Runner was so much better than that stupid "Shape of Water", which won Best Picture, Best Director.

Come to think of it, I thought "Blade Runner" was better than every single one of those 9 movies nominated for Best Picture! :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think it was better than Shape of Water too, but knew it wouldn't be nominated for best picture. Cinematography was definitely excellent, as were the effects.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yes, those two categories were super.

Most of the time I can listen between -15 and -20 but this one was very hot, wow.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
2 Oscars!!!

Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects. :D

I thought Blade Runner was so much better than that stupid "Shape of Water", which won Best Picture, Best Director.

Come to think of it, I thought "Blade Runner" was better than every single one of those 9 movies nominated for Best Picture! :D
No doubt! the visual effects was totally awesome!. When that creepy dude said, a new model, and he than cuts her gut! man that was some deep sh,t man. Should have won Best Picture and Best Director.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

A friend of mine had downloaded a copy before the bluray came out (I didn't ask source but seem to remember it was AC3) and I thought the audio was somewhat muted until my Netflix bluray showed up and huge difference in output level....don't know if it's 10dB but wouldn't surprise me. I have no way to check now as I've returned the rental disc and will eventually buy it...then I can compare as he gave me a copy of his rip.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No doubt! the visual effects was totally awesome!. When that creepy dude said, a new model, and he than cuts her gut! man that was some deep sh,t man. Should have won Best Picture and Best Director.
Jared Leto was awesome in this role. I really hadn't paid a lot of attention to him before. Shortly after seeing the flick I saw 30 Seconds to Mars on tv and was thinking....that dude looks really familiar. Had no idea that they're his long time band (20 years!)....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

A friend of mine had downloaded a copy before the bluray came out (I didn't ask source but seem to remember it was AC3) and I thought the audio was somewhat muted until my Netflix bluray showed up and huge difference in output level....don't know if it's 10dB but wouldn't surprise me. I have no way to check now as I've returned the rental disc and will eventually buy it...then I can compare as he gave me a copy of his rip.
Do you remember where your volume control was? And what your usual setting is? While not precise, it would be telling.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you remember where your volume control was? And what your usual setting is? While not precise, it would be telling.
I was going to compare more carefully, but didn't hold onto the bluray. From the various sessions it does seem that it was roughly in the 10dB area, maybe a tad more on the bluray but think that was a different mix, so....

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Jared Leto was awesome in this role. I really hadn't paid a lot of attention to him before. Shortly after seeing the flick I saw 30 Seconds to Mars on tv and was thinking....that dude looks really familiar. Had no idea that they're his long time band (20 years!)....
lovinthehd, I know uhu? Dude got some major acting skills. After watching it several times already still finding visual effects I didn't notice.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I checked it out last night at home and did find it to be quite hot as well. Doesn't sound bad, just have to not turn this one up as much. LOTS of LFE.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis