Bit more gear on my budget install (not for long) $760

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic

pc HT :D

got a couple other things i want now.. dont have enough optical inputs on the receiver for my stuff :(

might need a new receiver in due time!!!

looking pretty neat at the moment and freed up more room in my lounge as my computer isnt there taking up room :)

just need wireless keyboard and mouse now to set it off :p

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Awesome man, i love it!!! finally someone else with love for the towers with the twelves!!! :D I reckon havin front speakers that can handle the full range is the best way to go:D. screen is awesome, good upgrade!! :)

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
thanks mate, was in jb in melb on the weekend and heard some dali speakers, they had an AWSOME sound to them.. wow!!

i want some, although i didnt have a spare 3,500 on me :(

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Yeah the Dalis are great lookin speakers. ive never heard them myself.

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
ahh yeah they look awsome! i havnt heard a lot of top end speakers but these were unreal! sound better than mine anyway.. although it depends a lot on the receiver and quality of the original music.

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
heres a couple new pics.. showing where i have the surrounds positioned now.. :)

sorry that they came out a bit didgey.. the quality was reduced when i resized them..

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
ok so i donated my wintal receiver to the church's youth and i upgraded and bought myself a brand new yamaha RXV-563 :D :D

only turned up today so im hanging out to go home from work and hook it all up!!!

picked it up for $531AU delivered, retail is 899, and now the price has jumped back up to 750AU, so i got myself a bargain there!!! :D :D

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
absolutely love the receiver, so much stuff to muck around with on it, love the on screen display, auto set up seems to work really well as my surround are different distances apart. love the surround simulation modes, and watching movies in 5.1 is absolutely stunning!

love everything about the receiver and well worth the money!!

also got another addition last week, got a yamaha YST-SW225B sub :D

i just couldnt help myself :(

i think this should do at the moment, next step is a bigger house then i can set myself up properly.

will get more pics when i get a chance, looks pretty stunning with all my gear lined up - LH speaker, sub, tv/cabinet/centre, computer, ps2, RH speaker :D

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
hey everyone, havnt been on here in a while!

got some new pics for ya's :)

let me know what ya think and what i could do/change to improve my set up???

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
You should work on the speakers next. I wouldn't necessarily go crazy on just any Yamaha speakers though.;)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Your system is starting to look really good. That brick wall is just crying for some acoustic treatment. Maybe even move it out of the corner and against the brick wall with some panels behind the speakers.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Your system is starting to look really good. That brick wall is just crying for some acoustic treatment. Maybe even move it out of the corner and against the brick wall with some panels behind the speakers.
Yeah. Any reason you have it tucked into the corner? I'd imagine having it over on the wall would be better.

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
Yeah. Any reason you have it tucked into the corner? I'd imagine having it over on the wall would be better.
yeah its kinda just making do with the room i have. in a small unit at the moment and that walls runs down right into the kitchen - can't place seats facing that wall as there are the door ways for the bedrooms and main entrance.

where it is we can sit back and watch it where as if it were on the wall we wouldnt be able to get back to a comfortable position as the rooms too narrow :(

the brick walls the longest wall for the room.

edit: yeah speakers will be next i guess, im saving at the moment however, for a 4wd... so, things are held up at the moment :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis