Best Speaker Brands

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Buckeyefan 1 said:
I've figured it out. Rak is either Jaxvon or MacMan playing a dirty trick on the site. He really had us going. Watch him keep going...
Bingo! Not Jax, I don't believe, but someone is toying with you all.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
If so, admin's not doing their job. No, really, you guys do a great job!!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Even if the IP is blocked. Trolls can find ways, its up to us to discern the difference just look at the stupid line of questions and follow ups?

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
rjbudz said:
Bingo! Not Jax, I don't believe, but someone is toying with you all.
Damn straight it isn't me. I have better things to do than that garbage.

R

rak_32

Banned
gmichael said:
Is this a troll class? Do you have sign-ups?
ummm hi, i realy dont know what you guys are talking about. but anyways, so theaters use JBL? I was always under the impression that they used Klipsch. That is why I purchaced my Klipsch center channel speaker. What do you think the best speaker brands are?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
myriad1973 said:
It seems like an endless loop, doesn't it?
Yeah.

Rak (if that IS your real name), you need to get your **** together, and use the search. We are willing to help you, but you have to help us, help you. We are NOT going answer every stupid question that spews from your filthy sewer.

Best is a perspective; its already been said. What you need to do, is find a speaker you like, and MATCH it. Your system contains a different speaker in ever postion, and there is no timber.

To have a matching timber, the woofers, tweeters, crossovers, and boxes have to be similar (perferably the same).

So, that being said, go listen to what YOU like, and buy the matching set.

You can post back and ask if that speaker is good FOR THE MONEY, or if the manf. is on the level, but thats all we can answer without have heard the speaker in question.

Okay?

SheepStar

R

rak_32

Banned
Sheep said:
Yeah.

Rak (if that IS your real name), you need to get your **** together, and use the search. We are willing to help you, but you have to help us, help you. We are NOT going answer every stupid question that spews from your filthy sewer.

Best is a perspective; its already been said. What you need to do, is find a speaker you like, and MATCH it. Your system contains a different speaker in ever postion, and there is no timber.

To have a matching timber, the woofers, tweeters, crossovers, and boxes have to be similar (perferably the same).

So, that being said, go listen to what YOU like, and buy the matching set.

You can post back and ask if that speaker is good FOR THE MONEY, or if the manf. is on the level, but thats all we can answer without have heard the speaker in question.

Okay?

SheepStar
well, Rak of course is not my real name. its just my user name on this forum. speakers i like are klipsch. here is my problem. i have 2 large KLH floorstanding speakers for my front left and right. i need to replace those with 2 klipsch bookshelf speakers to "timber" with my klipsch sc.5 center speaker. problem is, bookshelf speakers do not have enough bass so I would also need to go and buy a subwoofer. heres the big problem, my receiver doesnt have a sub woofer "out jack" so I cannot attach a subwoofer to my receiver. then i would need to go out and buy a new receiver that supports a subwoofer. im not sure if there's any other ways to do this. any thoughts?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
rak_32 said:
well, Rak of course is not my real name. its just my user name on this forum. speakers i like are klipsch. here is my problem. i have 2 large KLH floorstanding speakers for my front left and right. i need to replace those with 2 klipsch bookshelf speakers to "timber" with my klipsch sc.5 center speaker. problem is, bookshelf speakers do not have enough bass so I would also need to go and buy a subwoofer. heres the big problem, my receiver doesnt have a sub woofer "out jack" so I cannot attach a subwoofer to my receiver. then i would need to go out and buy a new receiver that supports a subwoofer. im not sure if there's any other ways to do this. any thoughts?
I say upgrade the Receiver first. Then as money comes, get a subwoofer. Then, do the mains.

Thats the only way to do it without one upgrade conflicting with another.

SheepStar

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
I say upgrade the Receiver first. Then as money comes, get a subwoofer. Then, do the mains.

Thats the only way to do it without one upgrade conflicting with another.

SheepStar
You still think he's legit, eh Sheep? Why do you guys stay on his merry-go-round?

Besides, you know how to hook up a sub without an LFE preout. Don't you?! :eek: LOL.

R

rak_32

Banned
Nick250 said:
rak, give it up and go away. Your busted.
Come on guys, im asking a legit question here. So anyways, i'll probably do what you said sheep. Just upgrade my receiver to the Pioneer VSX-815 7.1. Then after a while, i think i'll go pick out a sub to go with it. Then at last, when I have enough money, I will go out and finish off my setup with 2 Klipsch bookshelf speakers. What do you think?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You don't need a subwoofer jack to run most subwoofers. Look for speaker level inputs on the sub. They ain't difficult to find.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
rjbudz said:
You still think he's legit, eh Sheep? Why do you guys stay on his merry-go-round?

Besides, you know how to hook up a sub without an LFE preout. Don't you?! :eek: LOL.
I assume you are talking about subs that have "speaker Level" inputs?

Well, I would assume it was a legit question as to "how to do it?" (I won't stay in the M-G-R though)

There are many subs, some really cheap too, e.g. Polk Audio's PSW202 that have such inputs. All one has to do is to connect the receiver's front channel speaker output terminals to the sub's speaker level input terminals, and then hook the front channel speakers to the sub's speaker level output terminals. Then set the crossover (Low Pass Filter) at the sub to say 80 hz or higher, depend on how low the bookshelves can handle. The low pass filter at the sub passes the low frequencies to the subwoofer driver and send the rest of the frequencies (mids and highs) to the main (L&R) speakers.

For more detailed and accurate information, visit Polkaudio's site and read up on the instruction manual for the PSW202, 303 etc., and other helpful topics.

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/individual/subwoofers/

M

myriad1973

Audioholic
Currently I run my setup with speaker levels so my mains are crossed-over at 100 Hz, and the sub does everything below that, and my reciever has a sub out on it.

R

rak_32

Banned
ok, heres a really crazy idea. so......... what if I replace all my speakers in my home theater with the ATHENA MICRA 6 speakers? (http://cgi.ebay.com/Athena-Technologies-MICRA-6-Satellite-Theater-System_W0QQitemZ9704530771QQihZ008QQcategoryZ32861QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
And then I could return my KLH speakers to costco and sell my BOSE acustimass speakers on ebay and also sell my Klipsch SC.5 center speaker on ebay. I know this is a really crazy idea........... but what do you think about it?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis