Best Speaker Brands

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
......just kidding, Sheepie....I don't think so, if that's a means for Instant Messaging....my server is SBCglobal, I come in through Internet Explorer, and IM with the free AOL download....did that cover your question?....I'm as illiterate on computers as one can get, honestly....I have never relished trying to figure something out for 10 hours, know what I mean?.....

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
mulester7 said:
......just kidding, Sheepie....I don't think so, if that's a means for Instant Messaging....my server is SBCglobal, I come in through Internet Explorer, and IM with the free AOL download....did that cover your question?....I'm as illiterate on computers as one can get, honestly....I have never relished trying to figure something out for 10 hours, know what I mean?.....
SLAM :eek: ... I saw that coming a mile away. SBC is Yahoo. Mule, we'll have to get you on Yahoo Messenger with voice, a mic and cam.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Mule, we'll have to get you on Yahoo Messenger with voice, a mic and cam.
.....well, Buck, how 'bout we don't and say we did?.....

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
mulester7 said:
.....well, Buck, how 'bout we don't and say we did?.....
Oh, awe right. I don't like to verbalize or see moving mugs of you snobs anyhow. Just ask Sheep - aka Leif. JK Sheep.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Oh, awe right. I don't like to verbalize or see moving mugs of you snobs anyhow. Just ask Sheep - aka Leif. JK Sheep.
Yeah this is how it goes down..

Me: Hey, can I use my mic?
Buck: No, my wife will beat me!
Me: You're wipped

As so on and what not..

SheepStar

R

rak_32

Banned
Ok, I am back. So this is what i'll do. Buy the athena TECHNOLOGIES Micra 6 Home Theater In A Box and then buy the Pioneer VSX-815-K. I will then proceed to selling my Klipsch SC.9 on ebay and return my KLH speakers back to costco. But im not sure what to do with my bose speakers and my receiver. Or, should I just keep my current 10 yr old reciever?
thnx

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
rak_32 said:
Ok, I am back. So this is what i'll do. Buy the athena TECHNOLOGIES Micra 6 Home Theater In A Box and then buy the Pioneer VSX-815-K. I will then proceed to selling my Klipsch SC.9 on ebay and return my KLH speakers back to costco. But im not sure what to do with my bose speakers and my receiver. Or, should I just keep my current 10 yr old reciever?
thnx
You know a fellow here has the Athena ASP4000 - a model up from the 8" sub included in that HTIB. He HATES it. If the 10" is bad, imagine the 8". You may want to check in with him about that setup. He goes by the moniker "Sheep," and has a huge post count.

Are you sure you want those tiny Micra speakers? Do you like the sound of them in the store? I guess it's ok if that's all you can afford, but I'd rather see you get something substantial like the Venturi bookshelves and center. The receiver should be fine to drive them. Don't forget about Ubid and those Onkyo receivers.

Sell the rest of the lot on ebay as well. That's what it's for, to get rid of junk. Or you could give it away to a poor cousin or buddy who needs something to start out with. You can give your Blose to an ex girlfriend - now that would be funny.

http://www.firstadopter.com/fa/archives/001749.html

R

rak_32

Banned
Buckeyefan 1 said:
You know a fellow here has the Athena ASP4000 - a model up from the 8" sub included in that HTIB. He HATES it. If the 10" is bad, imagine the 8". You may want to check in with him about that setup. He goes by the moniker "Sheep," and has a huge post count.

Are you sure you want those tiny Micra speakers? Do you like the sound of them in the store? I guess it's ok if that's all you can afford, but I'd rather see you get something substantial like the Venturi bookshelves and center. The receiver should be fine to drive them. Don't forget about Ubid and those Onkyo receivers.

Sell the rest of the lot on ebay as well. That's what it's for, to get rid of junk. Or you could give it away to a poor cousin or buddy who needs something to start out with. You can give your Blose to an ex girlfriend - now that would be funny.

http://www.firstadopter.com/fa/archives/001749.html
i havent been able to go to find them in stores lately so i'll have to purchace them online. so i prersonaly have no idea how they sound. im basically going by the reviews on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002H6M12?v=glance

F

fourwheels0

Audioholic Intern
i have not read all the pages but does anybody like klipsch?. just wondering because i'm trying to sell mine. 2 powered towers and 2 rear surrounds.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Some do, some don't. Which models? I'm sure there's a buyer somewhere.

R

renegade87

Junior Audioholic
If they sound good to your ears, then that's all that matters. Personally, I'd say KLH and Bose use the most inexpensive components to build speakers (drivers, crossovers, mdf). To KLH's defense, they charge accordingly. Bose simply rips people off for the product put out. They charge for marketing, then quadruple the profit margin (sort of like Monster does with cable).
In regards to Bose, Buckeyefan is dead on. I worked there for over 6 yrs. As a rule 400 % markup is the minimum on any Bose product. They use the cheapest components available and try to overcome the limitations of the products using their "Better Sound through Research" strategy (scam).

They have invented some decent technologies along the way, and do have some products that perform suprisingly better than anticipated. but are drastically overpriced.

Case in point, the Bose Wave Radio. I built (populated) thousands of the motherboards on the Wave Radio going all the way back to the first units. The 1st. time I heard it, I couldn't actually believe all that sound was actually coming from that little clock radio (during a crowded demo in the Westborough, MA manufacturing plant cafeteria - which closed around '97/98 as production was moved to a new facility in Columbia, SC).

Everyone there that day was impressed. Although, we didn't know if the unit we heard was exactly the same as what was for sale to the general public. I felt like, "not bad, sounds pretty good, but a clock radio selling for $400 should wake up and go to work for you".

At any rate (sorry for rambling) Bose products are overpriced crap still depending on an undeserved reputation for quality stemming from the sucess of the overrated 901's back in the 70's. (I actually have a pair of 901 series 6's for sale if anyone is interested - CHEAP).

I currently own Definitive Technologies (BP7006's, BP2x's, and a CLR2002).

T

Thuks

Audiophyte
Hello, can anyone plz give me an advice on which music system is a better buy between Denon DVD player 1730, AVR 1907 with Boston speakers- VR1 floorstanders, as against Onkyo 604E reciever, Onkyo 504E DVD player, with Polkaudio ST8i floorstanders. They almost the same price. Thanks

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Do what your ears tell you. In the big picture, the speaker are the only things that make any meaningful difference difference. Oh and room acoustics too, but you can not test that in the store. Check out the return policies with the vendor(s).

Nick

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
This thread is like a fat girl that wont leave you alone,it just keeps comming back for more.

RAK32 you suck.

majorloser

majorloser

This thread is like a fat girl that wont leave you alone,it just keeps comming back for more.

RAK32 you suck.
The "Ventowood Virus" or as it is commonly know "Flooshing Disease" is very tough to control and almost impossible to cure. ;)

(The sores always show up at the worst times)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis