Best Center Channel for clearest audio?

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
So whats your take on the best Center for clearest audio reproduction under $1000?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
When I had Ultra towers I used an Ultra book for my center and it did very well.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You might look at the Paradigm Premier 500C or 600C.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

Check out the Chane L6:

PSA MTM-210C:

Sierra Horizon:

RBH SV-661C:

Very best,

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You might look at the Paradigm Premier 500C or 600C.
He has an Ultra center channel right now, which is a pretty good center already (I thought?). That's why I suggested a bookshelf.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
He has an Ultra center channel right now, which is a pretty good center already (I thought?). That's why I suggested a bookshelf.
I don't know how the Ultra center performs, but I would expect it to be decent. A significant step up might cost well north of $1k.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I would avoid any version of a horizontal MTM or WMTMW design. Any good 3-way horizontal speaker will likely be in a W-T/M-W configuration having the Tweeter and Mid stacked in between the woofers.
Though frankly, the best would be a high quality 2- or 3-way Speaker like Standmount or Tower that matches your mains closely in voicing.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Though frankly, the best would be a high quality 2- or 3-way Speaker like Standmount or Tower that matches your mains closely in voicing.
Like an Ultra bookshelf or another Ultra tower. Tho I'm sure the tower won't work in his setup, but ideally would be the best.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Chane L6

Or

PSA MTM210C ( I currently own the MTM210C, very happy with it)

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I was very impressed with the paradigm 70lcr founders edition for a center channel

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Infinity r263, emotiva c2+ , and any three ways. Only 2ways id consider have horns usually ,

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Chane L6

Or

PSA MTM210C ( I currently own the MTM210C, very happy with it)
Question how great are those PSA MTM's? They are expensive but look like they would be great for Home Theater?

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Question how great are those PSA MTM's? They are expensive but look like they would be great for Home Theater?
They are amazing for HT. They were built for HT.

The V in SVS is Tom V. He left SVS over 10 years ago to start his own business... Power Sound Audio.

He also has a new line with a M suffix ( China made cabinet)

The new Chane is no slouch either.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have enjoyed my Infinity RC263 for $150 very much....

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Have enjoyed my Infinity RC263 for $150 very much....
Thanks, I actually have a RC263 with Infinity R263 x 4. Only interested in highly dynamic speakers that would be dramatically better for TV home theater. Not sure what that is. I could try to replace my front 263s with JBL but that’s likely too lateral a move. Also on my towers I’m limited by A width of around 11 inches max most likely.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, I actually have a RC263 with Infinity R263 x 4. Only interested in highly dynamic speakers that would be dramatically better for TV home theater. Not sure what that is. I could try to replace my front 263s with JBL but that’s likely too lateral a move. Also on my towers I’m limited by A width of around 11 inches max most likely.
Mine is more in contrast to the 520C speaker I replaced with the Infinity. Seems a very competent center aside from going with matching towers from the JBL 5 series....

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Mine is more in contrast to the 520C speaker I replaced with the Infinity. Seems a very competent center aside from going with matching towers from the JBL 5 series....
yes it really does work well. For my upstairs I have the rc263 with 590: and it really sounds great together.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The PSA MTM speakers are not likely to be a step up in anything except for dynamic range compared to the RC263 speakers which are real over-achievers. If you wanted a center speaker that would be a major upgrade in dynamic range without sacrificing any qualitative attribute, save up for the JTR Noesis 210RM. Or you could really save up and get the Revel PerformaBe C426Be speakers which would be a closer match to your Infinity speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis