Best bang for Buck, 11 Channel AVR

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
It's a nice amp but in my opinion doesn't produce enough power. If you're going to purchase a receiver that produces a 100 to a 125watts a channel what's the sense of buying an app that produces that.
That's why I like the monoblocks that produced 200 and are also stackable you can buy two for your front channels left and right just my opinion man just my preference

1005~2.jpg

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
ok then the denon 4500 to pair?
I want latest model for 4K and Atmos, DV etc

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Please Please don't say because you heard it's more Musical.
lies-clipart-fingers-crossed-emoji-244426-8108038.jpg

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
I already own a SB16 so will use it for now, ultimately will swap out for a PB4000

D

DJ7675

Audioholic
Monolith 7X - the arc welder... :cool:
Rated at a full 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 300 watts per channel into 4 ohms.

View attachment 42189
Those 7 channel Monolith Amps do look great. But 93lb!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Those 7 channel Monolith Amps do look great. But 93lb!
The Monolith 7X200 is the best amp I have ever owned. It takes everything I throw at it without a single complaint. The turn on switch never makes a noise in my speakers, unlike my Adcom GFA-7000. I have to turn my Adcom on before the Denon 4700 receiver or I get a thump and any wireless music playing on the receiver stops.

In contrast, I can turn on the Monolith 7X200 anytime and no thump and no complaint from the Denon 4700. With 300W available into 4ohm speakers it's a BEAST. It sounds crystal clear and has more headroom than I will ever need. My Ascend Sierra Towers SING with it feeding them.

The Monolith 7X200 uses a base energy level of 140W while it's running at low volume levels. With the Denon volume control at 60, approx. 200W is drawn from the wall outlet and the room is reaching 90dB at peaks. AND the amp still has lots of spare headroom.

The one thing that concerned me was the weight. I'm older and not into bench pressing 100lbs. But with a little planning and a dolly I was able to move the Monolith 7X200 into place and never actually lifted it. I installed it by myself from front door delivery to basement install. Dolly took it to the stairs, cleaned the box with wipes and then slowly slid it down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs it was placed on a dolly and moved in front of the shelf it would sit on. I opened the box, opened the cardboard top and plastic and then elevated one end of the box so one end of the amp would land in my hands and I could slowly drop it to the carpet. From there it was moved on its side to the shelf (about 2" above the carpet). After lifting one end onto the shelf, installing the cables it was easy to slide into place. This was much easier than I thought. It was only scary in my mind! But with a little planning the Monolith 7X200 was easy to setup.

;)

222.png

D

DJ7675

Audioholic
The Monolith 7X200 is the best amp I have ever owned. It takes everything I throw at it without a single complaint. The turn on switch never makes a noise in my speakers, unlike my Adcom GFA-7000. I have to turn my Adcom on before the Denon 4700 receiver or I get a thump and any wireless music playing on the receiver stops.

In contrast, I can turn on the Monolith 7X200 anytime and no thump and no complaint from the Denon 4700. With 300W available into 4ohm speakers it's a BEAST. It sounds crystal clear and has more headroom than I will ever need. My Ascend Sierra Towers SING with it feeding them.

The Monolith 7X200 uses a base energy level of 140W while it's running at low volume levels. With the Denon volume control at 60, approx. 200W is drawn from the wall outlet and the room is reaching 90dB at peaks. AND the amp still has lots of spare headroom.

The one thing that concerned me was the weight. I'm older and not into bench pressing 100lbs. But with a little planning and a dolly I was able to move the Monolith 7X200 into place and never actually lifted it. I installed it by myself from front door delivery to basement install. Dolly took it to the stairs, cleaned the box with wipes and then slowly slid it down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs it was placed on a dolly and moved in front of the shelf it would sit on. I opened the box, opened the cardboard top and plastic and then elevated one end of the box so one end of the amp would land in my hands and I could slowly drop it to the carpet. From there it was moved on its side to the shelf (about 2" above the carpet). After lifting one end onto the shelf, installing the cables it was easy to slide into place. This was much easier than I thought. It was only scary in my mind! But with a little planning the Monolith 7X200 was easy to setup.

;)

View attachment 42240
I have one heavy amp in my 2 channel music room (McIntosh MC252) which is about the same weight. I made a decision to not get anything that heavy if I can help it. Decided I wanted to get a multichannel amp and ended up with an NAD M27... A nice manageable 31lb. Also when doing subs, decided to go with multiple smaller subs (Rythmik L12) instead of 1-2 large ones.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Gettin' old ain't for wusses! :) But yeah why heft some huge amp when you don't need to?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
From what I saw there is nothing offering 7 channels of 300W into 4 ohms anywhere near the $1729 price for the Monolith 7X200. The sound is great and the price is really reasonable.

So I find a way to handle the weight. :D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
From what I saw there is nothing offering 7 channels of 300W into 4 ohms anywhere near the $1729 price for the Monolith 7X200. The sound is great and the price is really reasonable.

Haha I figured it out you work for Monoprice :rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Crown XLS work great. Walk in the park for 3 1502s for around $1k or less. With a channel to spare.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Haha I figured it out you work for Monoprice :rolleyes:
It's odd how you think every satisfied customer must work for the company? I don't work for any audio company and I barely work for anyone except my wife.
:D

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Crown XLS work great. Walk in the park for 3 1502s for around $1k or less. With a channel to spare.
Looks like a 2 channel Crown is $439. Are you using one?
I read Crown gear was not as clean and mostly used for pro installs. What's your experience with the 1502? Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like a 2 channel Crown is $439. Are you using one?
I read Crown gear was not as clean and mostly used for pro installs. What's your experience with the 1502? Thanks!
I've had four XLS1500s for a long while, recently got a 2502, too. They're plenty clean, and are used for a variety of purposes....have some useful features, more than most consumer amps do at least. Not everyone's cup of tea aesthetically.....but they're quite light. Seems they're staying up in price a bit more, used to find more deals than I just did.....but with bankruptcy at Guitar Center wonder what a negotiated deal might be.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Here's a review on the Crown 2502. While SINAD only 71 it has tons of power.

222.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis