Best and Worst "Upgrades"

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Not exactly an upgrade but I bought a digital tracking force gauge for my TT. Set it and damn my LPs sound good. My REGA Planar 3 was set at the store where I bought it 6 years ago so who knows how out of whack it was. Especially after moving from Texas to Florida in 2020. :)

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
My best upgrades as follows. Lg 4k sdr to Samsung ks9500. Then to lg cx. All at 65 inches. Went from a soundbar to 5.1 then 7.1 then to 5.1.2. And upgraded to svs pb 1000 pro subwoofer. My mother thought there was an earthquake but just my subwoofer rumbling the other rooms :D

Worst upgrade was using a soundbar in the first place!
It's interesting. On my twitter I saw a radio host I used to listen to post his new media room setup he is building for his home. Showed a very nice fancy room with a spot for a 80+ inch OLED I think. I asked what is he doing for sound as i'm a sound guy :) He responded a sonos soundbar (sure it's top of the line for what they offer) . You know, I bet some of the sound bars can sound just fine maybe even very good. And it got me thinking that for most people they wouldn't imagine needing more than an upscale soundbar. Then it got me thinking that having a 5.2.4 setup in my living room even if some of the speakers aren't $1,000 each, might already be more than enough. The thought of "needing" to upgrade from there is probably a little silly. (but I still have fun looking...)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I will share my comment as a manager! There are two great decisions that I have made: courage and expected results. First, I decided to delegate the project to an alumnus who had worked with me at a high level.
Oh look. Another bot.

Not even a good one this time...

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I think that subwoofers are the best single upgrade. The worst would be digital cables which carry data, not musical waveforms so they really cannot upgrade anything. They just need to get the data from place to another.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis