Best AMP under $2000?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
How do you know when your AMP needs to be recapped? you Say you can’t tell after so was it just preventative maintenance?
Yes, I did because I wanted it to be back on spec, not because I need to do it for "better sound quality". Power not used will not make any difference in sound quality, obviously, because it is not used anyway.

I would say if there is no visible deterioration such as physical damage, leak, coloration, any sign of overheating etc., there if you don't hear a problem then you don't have a problem. Of course if money and time is not an issue then do it anyway.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Yes, I did because I wanted it to be back on spec, not because I need to do it for "better sound quality". Power not used will not make any difference in sound quality, obviously, because it is not used anyway.

I would say if there is no visible deterioration such as physical damage, leak, coloration, any sign of overheating etc., there if you don't hear a problem then you don't have a problem. Of course if money and time is not an issue then do it anyway.
[/QUOTE

thanks and do mind me asking if you use a local shop to do that kind of service or do you recommend always sending in to the manufacturer. For example for my Outlaw 7500 would I only want to send to T
ATI when the time comes.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I have only done it to my Marantz SM-7 and SC-7. Not that they didn't sound good, but they are 35+ years old so I thought its time if I want to keep them forever. I wanted it checked out completely, a thorough clean up especially the volume pots, and measured too so I took it to shop that appeared to be trustworthy. If I were to just replace the two big PS storage caps I would have done it myself.

L

Ljutic

Enthusiast
It doesn’t matter. They all sound the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis