Bernie.........and to think he could have been President !

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm still trying to figure out why all the candidates are 70+. Nothing wrong with folks that age, but why in the world would you want to take on the most stressful job in the country at that age?

That, and we honestly need an age limit on running for office. There comes a time when it's impossible to NOT be out of touch.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I'm still trying to figure out why all the candidates are 70+. Nothing wrong with folks that age, but why in the world would you want to take on the most stressful job in the country at that age?

That, and we honestly need an age limit on running for office. There comes a time when it's impossible to NOT be out of touch.

I'm not so sure about your second paragraph, but I agree with the sentiment of the first. I'm also leery of so many of our leaders being really old people. Trump, Biden, and Sanders being in their mid to late 70s. Pelosi is 80. The Secretary of Commerce, Wilbur Ross, is 82. Judge Ginsburg will be 88 this year. Her colleague Steven Beyer is 80. I guess the lust for power knows no age boundaries. Of course, Larry Ellison is 75, and I wouldn't want to challenge him to mental acuity or IQ tests. With Trump and Biden I'm more confident. :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not so sure about your second paragraph, but I agree with the sentiment of the first. I'm also leery of so many of our leaders being really old people. Trump, Biden, and Sanders being in their mid to late 70s. Pelosi is 80. The Secretary of Commerce, Wilbur Ross, is 82. Judge Ginsburg will be 88 this year. Her colleague Steven Beyer is 80. I guess the lust for power knows no age boundaries. Of course, Larry Ellison is 75, and I wouldn't want to challenge him to mental acuity or IQ tests. With Trump and Biden I'm more confident. :)
It's difficult to say for sure, but some of these older folks are just as sharp as ever. At the same time, we have some that have dulled over time (assuming they were ever sharp to begin with).

If we have a minimum age for president, I don't see why we can't have a max as well. Let's not even account for the mental side (even though that's a big deal). Let's just talk about longevity. 80+ year olds have enough to worry about health wise without bringing the stress that comes with elected office, much less the presidency into the equation.

It's like a lot of people are saying with Biden. We're voting for his VP cause he isn't going to make it through a complete term (no way to know for sure obviously).

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Regardless , Bernies 'Robin Hood' stunt won't succeed and while I would like to see real tax reform I'm not going bet the farm on it either.
Especially when he has millions and three homes.....just like being member of 'The Party' in Communist countries eh, comrade?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Feinstein is 87 and has been in politics for 61 years- we need term limits- none of the 70+ aged candidates are in touch with the general public and I would argue that anyone in office for more than 20 years is due to being insulated as they are and I say this as someone who's not as far from 70 as I would like.

It's our duty to be skeptical of people in government and what the government has become- not enough are actually doing anything about it and Congress is getting away with murder. We need a solid center, not a strong hard Left or Right and a population of pissed off people who have no representation.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Mitch McConnell
Age 78
Senate Majority Leader
Republican

Someone needs to send him some information on the advantages of retirement.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
back to the tax reform thoughts, can we hopefully someday have realistic and workable reform that makes sense across the board or is that just a pipe dream ??

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
back to the tax reform thoughts, can we hopefully someday have realistic and workable reform that makes sense across the board or is that just a pipe dream ??
IMO, a pipe dream. Not so long as we have politicians who are more interested in getting re-elected and accumulating power than they are in doing the right things for the country. I've seen the same thing in the big companies I've worked for; individual careers come before the best interests of the companies.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You won't say that when you're waiting for your tax refund.
Just want to say it's good to hear from you hadn't seen you in the forums for a bit welcome back and hope you've been well right now with how crazy everything's been

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
IMO, a pipe dream. Not so long as we have politicians who are more interested in getting re-elected and accumulating power than they are in doing the right things for the country. I've seen the same thing in the big companies I've worked for; individual careers come before the best interests of the companies.
This is the root of most, if not all, the issues with big business and the government. It's supposed to be about the betterment of the company/people, but instead it's about personal gain.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be a little about personal gain, people need to advance in their career, but why not actually try to do good for the many while you're on your upward trajectory? Is that too much to ask?

Granted, someone said good people don't run for office. Seems to be very true (for the most part).

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Just want to say it's good to hear from you hadn't seen you in the forums for a bit welcome back and hope you've been well right now with how crazy everything's been
Thanks. I appreciate that.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You won't say that when you're waiting for your tax refund.
Honestly I'm beyond frustrated with both party lines right now. Republicans and I would normally rate myself a conservative have really I just feel alienated with how they handled the virus and I just cannot stand Trump. For various numerous reasons I don't want to get into here.
Democrats though are scaring the crap out of me as well and I'm so sick of if you try to just speak respectfully and openly with someone and you question or don't agree with there policies your just labeled a Trump supporter or a racist or fascist. Kind off like what happened to the OP when he started the thread
Instead of debating the first thing that gets thrown out is the Trump card. I mean how do we even know that he supports Trump just because he doesn't support a democratic policy?
It's disgusting and just a huge turnoff really combine that with situations like Chicago which has just gotten out of CONTROL. there are cities right now where good citizens and businesses are scared to death
The defund the police movement which just seems I mean I was open to it at first but just seems absolutely retarded right now with everything going on out there
As a voter I just feel stucj between a rock and a hard place. Honestly I don't feel like I like either party right now.
I've always respected your level head and great advice and I guess what I'm asking for Irv is as a normal average Joe citizen who just wants to make a good choice this November what should I be focusing on with both parties bottom line. How do or what should I be focusing on to separate the normal election time circus from the real issues moving forward.
Putting name calling and inflammatory rhetoric aside what are the strengths and weaknesses of each party and what should I be really looking at? Thanks for any input you have

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Honestly I'm beyond frustrated with both party lines right now. Republicans and I would normally rate myself a conservative have really I just feel alienated with how they handled the virus and I just cannot stand Trump. For various numerous reasons I don't want to get into here.
Democrats though are scaring the crap out of me as well and I'm so sick of if you try to just speak respectfully and openly with someone and you question or don't agree with there policies your just labeled a Trump supporter or a racist or fascist. Kind off like what happened to the OP when he started the thread
Instead of debating the first thing that gets thrown out is the Trump card. I mean how do we even know that he supports Trump just because he doesn't support a democratic policy?
It's disgusting and just a huge turnoff really combine that with situations like Chicago which has just gotten out of CONTROL. there are cities right now where good citizens and businesses are scared to death
The defund the police movement which just seems I mean I was open to it at first but just seems absolutely retarded right now with everything going on out there
As a voter I just feel stucj between a rock and a hard place. Honestly I don't feel like I like either party right now.
I've always respected your level head and great advice and I guess what I'm asking for Irv is as a normal average Joe citizen who just wants to make a good choice this November what should I be focusing on with both parties bottom line. How do or what should I be focusing on to separate the normal election time circus from the real issues moving forward.
Putting name calling and inflammatory rhetoric aside what are the strengths and weaknesses of each party and what should I be really looking at? Thanks for any input you have
I think a lot of people are right there with you.

Trust me though, there are plenty of reasonable Democrats/left leaning folks just like there are plenty of reasonable Republican/right leaning folks. Sometimes those people just stay quiet.

I just want elected officials that stray toward the middle and lean their way when a particular issue comes up. We need the government to work together on things, not be separated by party lines.

And we need a leader that can hopefully start to get us there.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Irv, I tend to agree but I do wonder if term limits were in place perhaps that would provide a stimulus to action ?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think a lot of people are right there with you.

Trust me though, there are plenty of reasonable Democrats/left leaning folks just like there are plenty of reasonable Republican/right leaning folks. Sometimes those people just stay quiet.

I just want elected officials that stray toward the middle and lean their way when a particular issue comes up. We need the government to work together on things, not be separated by party lines.

And we need a leader that can hopefully start to get us there.
I've really heard as I've been researching and listening a lot of democrats in positions that were really awesome as people and with policies.

The Democrat in Chicago whose been getting into it with the mayor he s really impressed me. Listening to democratic leaders like him and others has helped me to see there is still great value in the Democratic party

Not everyone is a media or college radical or Hollywood type figure just making these ridiculous demands or positions

So I know both parties have value and have good members on board

Which is why I voiced that question to Irv who really seems to be able to not only cut through b.s. with his insights but has a good knack for understanding that a policy may look good the ripple down effects that might happen

I know everyone hates big money companies but the fact is everything and everyone is intertwined and making a decision that impacts one area can ripple out and affect us all. Just using that as an example

So just looking for really what will each party impact with policies if they retain power this November.

And for the record if anyone wants to PM me on this question so we don't get the main thread of course I'm down to listen to what anyone has to tell me or say Id like some help on trying to research

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Also guys as much as both party's scare me sometimes I'm really really worried about if Trump stays in we end up in a war with China or just completely alienating ourselves from our allies

This scares me more then even the pandemic or the defund the police or any other issue on board maybe not a total war but at least a cold war which would be devastating right now

It really scares the living crap out of me right now

Maybe I'm just being an idiot tho
But then again a lot of stuff has happened that a year ago Id have said no way not ever gonna happen so who knows

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis