Bass trapping below 80hz, practical or not?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
@William Lemmerhirt

If you look through this thread, you will see I posted a measurement of the 160m which extends to 32hz. Of course this is in room response.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Ok first off I am not a rocket scientist or do I dig deep into numbers .. But I listen too a lot of EDM and my room had a negative feed back of the lows. Well below 50 hz range .. I was told that bass builds in any corner . So I made bass traps out of RockWool in every corner I could. And stuffed a Ikea couch in the odd size pocket in my room . And moved my sub to dead center one foot away from wall . I took out center channel speaker because I only listen to Music in this room . I put sub where center channel was . Picture your room as a speaker . Bass is a hammer and you can even cover bass traps in sheet rock if your going below the 50Hz range . At least cover them with plastic. Because the bass will hammer them and you will have insulation dust that you don't want to breathe floating in your room. This is what worked for me. Target the problem frequency .. Now the Bass just travels to my feet and Coffee cup .. Tame it don't kill it

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis