Bad day to be a terrorist

jinjuku

jinjuku

Afghanistan caused many, many more deaths and wounded.
The Lebanese civil war had an estimated 250,000 deaths and 80% of those Civilian. King al-Assad put down the city of Hama (~40,000) because to make a point about challenging his authority.

jinjuku

jinjuku

A tragedy is that the Palestinians where expelled/driven out from Israel in 1948
Hold on a second here. This is categorically a gross misstatement. It's estimated that 500,000 to 600,000 Palestinians voluntarily left at the urging on the Arab League nations (Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemin) so these countries could bring their full 80:1 manpower and modern mechanized armaments (Egypt) to bear against Israel.

The promise was once it was over that they could move back. But here's the thing: The Arab League nations had already divided up the Levant amongst themselves. Palestinians were going to get totally shafted.

A good remainder of the Palestinians that remained raised arms against Israel and Israel needed buffer and did forcibly expel about 1-200,000 Palestinians and took over Gaza, West Bank etc as straight up spoils of war.

Did you know after the Arab Leagues defeat that those countries forcibly expelled their Jewish population to the tune of 900,000?

Here's the kicker: None of the Arab League members were willing to permanently absorb the Palestinians. The 900,000 Jews? Israel took them in.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Then you fcukin' lose. But winning by becoming your enemy and committing crimes against humanity? Is that your solution?
C'mon, Jin, I thought you were smarter than that.

If you read what I wrote in this thread then you know I am fully against the actions of Hamas and Hezbollah, that I agree that Israel has the absolute right to defend themselves.

The only thing I don't agree with are the borderline criminal actions of the hawks calling the shots in Israel. I'm not impressed by Netanyahu and his ultra right coalition.

If I'm dumb for that, I'll wear your box as proudly as I do the ones I got for calling Racist Dipsh!ts out for being Racist.
WOW. You have to take the long historical context into account and how it informs Israeli thinking. This is an existential fight many Israelis.

If you read what others wrote that Israel losing is HAMAS and others coming and piling up every single Israeli infant and child onto a pile as possible big as they can make it.

I think you are being naive.

jinjuku

jinjuku

In other news...

Haaretz is considered highly factual and credible while being a left-leaning paper... either way its not surprising to see this.
Agreed. Sadly this is 'good for business'.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis