AVRant #22: "Live" at Clearwater Beach, FL

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
So there we were, "live" at Clearwater Beach for the 2007 Audioholics State of the CE Union Party Event. It was nice, our hotel was thumping with the sounds of over 13 subwoofers all pounding at the same time while we put on a podcast starring J and Dina Clarke, Clint DeBoer and "Sith Lord" Darth (Gene) DellaSala. Where was Tom? Goofing off at his brother’s wedding - as if THAT was important! Anyhow, we talk about the demo rooms (there were four in all and they were pretty impressive), new products, and a mysterious Audioholics announcement that if you weren’t there you will have no idea about until you read it on Audioholics.com later this month.

Discuss "AVRant #22: "Live" at Clearwater Beach, FL" here. Read the article.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The cellphone noise had me reaching for mine.:D

I can't wait to see the new Emotiva products.

First of all - it was on vibrate... Then, it beeps me that I missed a call... THEN it gives me a musical tone that someone left me a voicemail.

Call me stupid, but I think if a phone is on vibrate it should vibrate for EVERYTHING. I chucked it across the room after the third interruption.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
First of all - it was on vibrate... Then, it beeps me that I missed a call... THEN it gives me a musical tone that someone left me a voicemail.

Call me stupid, but I think if a phone is on vibrate it should vibrate for EVERYTHING. I chucked it across the room after the third interruption.
I heard you say you chucked it, I laughed. My phone, when set to ring, lets me know I received a call after it was supposed to ring. So instead of ringing it just skips that and beebs randomly after I already missed the call. It does all sorts of random crap, like when I connect it to the charger it changes the ringer setting to some random setting, could set it to vibrate if it as on loud and it may set to loud if it was vibrate.:confused::rolleyes:

Matt34

Matt34

I know what the big announcement is going to be!:p

I think everyone is in for a big surprise...:D:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
One additional comment on the Emotiva subwoofer system, the amp that comes with it also has a built in room correction system with a microphone included. The way Lonnie explained it, it has sliding eq points with variable q and +/-12dB adjustment. I thought it was a tremendous value, so I ordered one. I can't believe my wife agreed to more subwoofers.:D:D:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
One additional comment on the Emotiva subwoofer system, the amp that comes with it also has a built in room correction system with a microphone included. The way Lonnie explained it, it has sliding eq points with variable q and +/-12dB adjustment. I thought it was a tremendous value, so I ordered one. I can't believe my wife agreed to more subwoofers.:D:D:D
Any ideas as to when they will be up on their site? Today was the first I had heard of Emotiva making speakers period.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
The speakers are supposed to ship in December. I suppose they will be on the website before then. I would really like to recieve the new subs ASAP. Waiting on a pre-order is a real buzz-kill.

As I noted in another thread, I really like these Emotiva speakers.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The speakers are supposed to ship in December. I suppose they will be on the website before then. I would really like to recieve the new subs ASAP. Waiting on a pre-order is a real buzz-kill.

As I noted in another thread, I really like these Emotiva speakers.
I take it you where at the show?

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic

of course, if it were an iPhone......

:D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm glad to hear that things went really well, I did see something about the Emotiva subwoofer system on thier forum, and it looks very nice. I'm waiting on their new 200 x 5 channel amp, and other products to be announced later this year. And now the announcement of a big annoucnement later on this month too... the anticipation is killing me!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I'm glad to hear that things went really well, I did see something about the Emotiva subwoofer system on thier forum, and it looks very nice. I'm waiting on their new 200 x 5 channel amp, and other products to be announced later this year. And now the announcement of a big annoucnement later on this month too... the anticipation is killing me!
The announcement has been made. What's with all the cloak and dagger routine?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Audioholics is starting an on-line sales portal for consumer electronics products.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis