AVRant #22: "Live" at Clearwater Beach, FL

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
My wife and I stepped out of the room toward the end of the presentation. Maybe they swore everybody to secrecy at the end of the presentation, I don't know. Barring that, I don't understand the secrecy and quizzical references to the upcoming online store. Maybe I'm not supposed to be telling you about it.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Interesting... I wonder if there will be any discounts if purchasing via the Audioholics portal vs. buying from anywhere else... this could be very interesting.

majorloser

majorloser

Demo Room Pics

Here's a few Pics from the event:

Emotiva's new speakers

majorloser

majorloser

Dolby TrueHD and AIX Records Demo Room

Here's a few pics from the Dolby and AIX demo room. Let me tell you, though it may not look like much, it blew the socks off of anybody who went in there. It brought some to tears with the audio-only demo of "Pines of Rome" by NJSO.

The masters themselves:

And the room (sorry for the lousy pics)

majorloser

majorloser

Can You Say 11.2?

Yes, this is Yamaha's new beast, the RX-Z11. That's right, eleven channels of surround and two LFE channels :eek:

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Emotiva speakers

Will there be floorstanding speakers and a center channel to match? Any color options other than black?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know how I missed it, but the Emotiva speakers are in the first set of pictures.

majorloser

majorloser

Will there be floorstanding speakers and a center channel to match? Any color options other than black?
Not sure about color choices or future options. They are still so new that a release date hasn't been announced. I looked at the pics a little closer and see that the bookshelves are $299 each and the surrounds are $349 per pair. Notice that the cases are CNC machined and the surrounds are polar switchable. The two sub are a 12" sealed box running on the DSR-1 amp(?)

EDIT: Sorry I can't give much info on the Emotiva stuff. It's all new and not yet released.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Sorry I can't give much info on the Emotiva stuff. It's all new and not yet released.
Hey don't worry we just thank you for the pics:D I hope you had a good time.

The rant said the pair of subs and the 800 watt amp (dsa-1?) were only $999:eek:

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Hey don't worry we just thank you for the pics:D I hope you had a good time.

The rant said the pair of subs and the 800 watt amp (dsa-1?) were only $999:eek:
That is correct. The DSA-1 lists for $999 as a package with 2 sealed 12" subwoofers and the microphone for it's built in room correction. I saved more than the cost of my ticket to the event with the AH State of the CE Union pre-order discount and free U.S. shipping.

I am going to pre-order the XPA-5 (5x200w amp) tomorrow. Maybe I can still swing a pre-order deal on that, too.

Both are expected to ship for Christmas. I feel like a Chipmunk.
"Christmas, Christmas, don't be late..."

Matt34

Matt34

I am going to pre-order the XPA-5 (5x200w amp) tomorrow. Maybe I can still swing a pre-order deal on that, too.

Both are expected to ship for Christmas. I feel like a Chipmunk.
"Christmas, Christmas, don't be late..."
I'm thinking I may have to give them a call on this also.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
How can I preorder a XPA-5? I was talking to Emotiva via email about that amp last week, and when I asked about preordering one, I was told that they didn't think I would be able to... I think I may have to email them back.

Is there any price discount for preordering an XPA-5?

Last edited:
GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Also, I saw in the pics an LPA-2 Amp, what are the specs on it, and was there any pricing on that?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis