J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Just curious what everyone is using for their auro 3d settings for music. Gene suggested large and 6. Just curious what everyone is using. I know there is no right or wrong answer just cool to see what others are using. ☺

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
6 doesn't change the bass levels much so it's a good setting. Size just affects the amount of reverb. It's up to you.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Thanks! What do you like specifically though?
I think I leave mine to default to 7 and medium. If I want a larger effect, I'll crank it up to 10 or 12 and adjust the LFE setting downward if there's too much bass. I usually only use the Auro upmixer for multichannel music, though to give it some height and make sure 5.1 surround albums like Alan Parsons' ON AIR album don't use the rear surrounds (He'll walk in a more "U" shape instead of straight across right behind me if DSU or Neural X are allowed to use the rear surrounds in upmixing and it wasn't really meant to do that).

I actually use Carver Sonic Holography (outboard decoder from HDMI analog & SPDIF extractor board between my NVidia Shield and the Marantz 7012) for 2-channel and sometimes Sonic Holography + Multi-Channel Stereo mode for a really "wrap around" effect that to my ears sounds far more natural than DSU, Neural X or Auromatic. But I do enjoy Auromatic for multi-channel albums to add some height to the effect (especially given surround before Atmos was expected to be mounted at either 1/3 or 2/3 room height, not really "ear level" so boosting the height a bit sounds more like I remember with my old 6.1 surround setup. DSU sounds worse than PLIIx, IMO and Neural X can be hit or miss (I find it works best with multichannel music as well; it can sound a bit odd with 2-channel for some reason, making things go too high up front, for one thing, but some multichannel music albums sound great with it also and more like Atmos music in some cases).

I read Involve Audio's Surround Master (now on V3) also does a great job with 2-channel music, but you need 5.1 analog inputs to use it (Marantz still supports 7.1 analog inputs so I've been thinking or ordering one to try it out, but at over $600, it's pretty expensive to test it out, although they do have a money back guarantee if you don't like it. It also decodes QS and SQ QUAD albums from the 1970s).

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Don't remember if this was posted earlier in this thread so I post it now FYI. The article is from last year.

K

Kosta

Junior Audioholic
I am in contact with a couple HI-Fi stores to buy either the 3700H or 4700H to use them as processors and I have been told that the 4700H, other than the Auro 3D support and negligible higher wattage, has a better processing unit than the 3700H. Is this true? With the price hikes I wouldn't mind going for the 3700H and save me a couple of hundred bucks but better overall processing is really important to me.

R

rana_kirti

Enthusiast
hi,

got myself 2 pairs of PSB Image B5 bookshelves to setup as height channels to compliment a PSB Image B6/C5/S5 5.1 setup.

They weigh 11.3lb(5.1kg) each. unable to figure out a way to mount them. they dont seem to have any sort of hooks at the back to wall mount them. i believe they need to be at 30 degrees angle towards the MLP.

how do most folks go about mounting these at 30 degrees ? please share links of any favored product/way here in the community.

Thanks.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Enter into google, “speaker mounts”. You’ll find an endless supply of options. Some are clamp style while others will require you to screw an adapter of some kind into the speaker. With even the smallest diy skill set, you should be able to attach the mount.

R

rana_kirti

Enthusiast
yes tons of them, im not sure if it is ok to screw holes into the cabinets ? will it affect the sound of the speakers in anyway ?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
yes tons of them, im not sure if it is ok to screw holes into the cabinets ? will it affect the sound of the speakers in anyway ?
No. Should have no issues with that. Unless something isn’t fastened correctly and buzzes or vibrates.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis